z

Young Writers Society



Falling

by Percybeth


Can you see it in my eyes?

How I've lost my grip on the world.

I couldn't bare to hold anymore and

I didn't have anyone to help me from

Falling.

-

Falling,

Into this midnight abyss.

It's cold but,

I'm use to this chill.

My body welcomes the claws that reach up,

Wrapping around me.

-

They are the only thing there to guide me

While I fall deeper and deeper

Into the House of Hades

Where fear is home and

Rivers are tears.

-

It's just like my thoughts.

-

It's a blessing no one helped me.

There's no place that would be

Anymore happy to welcome me

Than my nightmares.

-

I have landed.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 607
Reviews: 65

Donate
Sat May 17, 2014 8:01 pm
View Likes
wtppowers wrote a review...



I like it. It's dark and mysterious. If you would let me, I'm going to dissect this poem, just so I can get a better understanding of what's going on.

1st Stanza: You're going crazy and nobody is helping you with whatever problems you have.

2nd Stanza: You get transported into some dark place. You used to be afraid, but you're not anymore because you're "used to it".

3rd Stanza: "They" are your nightmares. They're helping you through the dark place. Probably because it's a link to the real world.

4th Stanza: Can I call one line a stanza? Oh well... You think dark thoughts.

5th (or 4th) Stanza: You love your nightmares, because they're the things that helped you through troubled times. They, in turn, love you.

The last line: You're home.

I love this poem so much.



Random avatar
Percybeth says...


Thank you so much for this. It's everything I was going for, but I never could have explained it better than you have.



User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 262
Reviews: 17

Donate
Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 pm
Midnightrose4 wrote a review...



Hello,

I loved this poem, because I could see what was happening, and I love seeing into a persons (Character or real life) head. This really captured me from the beginning, and had me wondering what was going to happen, and what this was all really about.

"Falling,

Into this midnight abyss.

It's cold but,

I'm use to this chill.

My body welcomes the claws that reach up,

Wrapping around me."

I really enjoyed that line because it was so...creative, and something I've never seen before, well, not used in this sense, anyway.

The ending was perfect. The way you ended it really fit with this sort of thing.

Great work :)




User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed May 07, 2014 3:28 pm
View Likes
SatansAngel says...



I love this poem. Very well written and I LOVED how you ended it.




User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 1942
Reviews: 32

Donate
Mon May 05, 2014 7:56 pm
View Likes
BrilliantMustaches wrote a review...



Hello!

BrilliantMustaches here...

I like this poem and just a few things that I think if you changed it will be even more beautiful.

My body welcomes the claws that reach

Up and wrap around me


I think if you change this line to

"My body welcomes the claws that reach up,

Wrapping around me'

I think that could make your poem flow. Just a suggestion.

Anyway I like your poem. Keep you the great work!

Bravo!

-BrilliantMustaches




User avatar
112 Reviews


Points: 61
Reviews: 112

Donate
Mon May 05, 2014 7:15 pm
View Likes
passenger wrote a review...



Heyy Percybeth! <3

I remember when we read "Will Grayson, Will Grayson" by John Green, in the play at the end, when Tiny Cooper was doing that scene with the swing set, he said that love was all about the falling and everything, and then he said how it ends with the landing (when he jumped off of the ceiling). And then Will (2) was thinking about how he was wrong and it wasn't about the falling, it was about the landing, or something (but then again he had a depression problem. I don't remember most of all of this so just bear with me.). And then I was thinking about how when you said that you didn't have anyone to help you from falling (but then again love can't conquer anything ["Everyday"], so maybe it isn't about love at all), and then how you said that rivers were tears closer to the end (leading to the landing, which might of been where you found that this person was dragging you down and you sort of resigned from them, and sometimes love CAN make you lose your grip on the world. So maybe. That's just what it reminded me of. My stream of consciousness when I read this.

The only suggestion is maybe to un-italicize (sorry for the term) "landed". I like it alone, and maybe change the "I have" to "I've". Just for the song reference, it reminded me of "Landed" by Ben Folds.

Please get back to me!

-Savvy




Em101cats says...


This has nothing to do with anything, I just want to say.... YOUR AVATAR MADE ME ALMOST FAINT WITH OVER ADORABLENESS SYNDROME. To put that more simply, your avatar is ADORABLEEEEEEEEEEEE!



passenger says...


XD Thanks! I know, right! Yours is cute too ;D




I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus