It all comes back to you

by PenguinAttack

Incandescence wrote: "It all comes back to you by Kylie Boddie, 1 Dec 1989"

Thank you for adding this... It's beautiful somehow, and more than touching in another way.

Incandescence wrote: We make no concessions in the darkness: our bodies bare but not barren. They are what we defend in the aftermath. How being alone is still waiting to be answered with emotion.

Love it. I don’t know if I can say any more than that. It’s so full and yet, all at once, so empty. The last line especially.

Incandescence wrote: light&dark that make or break

- This, this I do not like, merely for the "&" I can't touch on how much I dislike the use of such cheats, and I think it takes away from the line.

Incandescence wrote: Our eyes adapt. They let us sculpt it in liquid motions, let our fingers feather over its skin. This is the easy part.

This is gorgeous, an achingly solid image. "They let us sculpt in liquid motions" is my favourite line of your entire poem. It's somehow both strong and soft until I'm not sure how to take it.

I’m not entirely certain how you do this; infuse a little piece of unorthodox writing with so much and seemingly so little all at once. I doubt I’ve made any sense here, but I warned you of that. I like it, no, I love it, really. The imagery and the words, and even the structure capture my imagination, I can’t help but adore it. You’ve done well once again. And the unorthodox structure works well too. I can see the connection to the first, and that touches base as well.

I shall now stop ranting, but say that even without music it is an experience.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.

Eimear says...

Unexpected and poignant. I said it once my good friend, and I'll say it again.

Poetry at it's best.

yoha_ahoy says...

I don't know what it was about this, but I really love it. Hm. Very affective.

~Yoyo

Rock n' Roll Queen wrote a review...

"We make no concessions in the darkness: our bodies bare but not barren. They are what we defend in the aftermath. How being alone is still waiting to be answered with emotion." This is my favorite line. I loved it :)

"You'll be peeling an orange or watching a bird

spring from the edge of the rooftop next door, noticing how,

for an instant, its body is stopped on the air, only a moment before

gathering the will to fly into the ruff at its wings and then doing it:

flying." I really liked the imagrey here. Very good.

I AM NOT GOING "FULL COW" ON SOMEBODYYYYYY
— whatchamacallit