z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Writing Prompt 1

by PeindreLeCiel


You are assigned a science project! You choose to create a time machine. The good news is that it works... the bad news? Well, you're stuck in a different time and you need to find a way to get back home.

(It's a cliché, I know)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
142 Reviews


Points: 1992
Reviews: 142

Donate
Sun May 31, 2020 12:00 am
looseleaf wrote a review...



**My Thoughts**

Hey @PeindreLeCiel - I love this prompt! I’m going to try to review it as best I can, so bare with me please!

**Originality**

Now, I usually don’t do this category, but it’s a prompt, so… I did a quick Google search of your prompt and I could not find it anywhere. I did see a few prompts out of the many time travel prompts that did look very similar, but not enough to be the same thing. For instance:

You, a time traveler, got stuck in time and had to build a way to go back to 2050… but on the way you accidentally introduced Shakespeare to 21st century slang.
“For never was a story more of woe, O bard Alexa, play us despacito.” -Shakespeare

See, totally not the same thing. So I trust that you wrote this! Correct me if I’m wrong!

**Storyline**

Holy cr*p I could write something out of this. Maybe not something good, but something! I like the idea of waiting, she falls in love, and is torn between the two eras when more time travellers come to save her. Oh I would read the heck out of that.

**Better Ways To Post**

I do like how you posted this as a work (so I get points from reviewing hehe), but it is a waste of 200 points. Instead, as @whatchamacallit said, it may be better to post it in the Writer’s Corner or the Writing Tips section in the forums. I haven’t posted much there, maybe a few things, but I do recommend it if you don’t want to waste points on such a short thing.

**Quick Review**

I love it! Good prompt, could make a good story, but there are better places in the forum to post this! :)

Keep on writing and thinking of these prompts, and have a fantastic day!
Image




User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 1050
Reviews: 41

Donate
Sat May 30, 2020 12:12 pm
Shadeflame says...



Hey PeindreLeCiel!



Your prompt sounds interesting! It's pretty short, but is okay, because then it leaves most of the details up to the author.
Most things are cliches for a reason. They were made cliches because they are so popular that people tend to use them a lot.

Keep writing
-Shade




User avatar


Points: 61
Reviews: 3

Donate
Mon May 25, 2020 12:30 am
YoursTruly says...



I love how short this is. Everyone can take this, digest it, and really think about what they would do. It leaves the reader with their own imagination which I love. I can't wait to see what other prompts you come up with.




User avatar
455 Reviews


Points: 22123
Reviews: 455

Donate
Fri May 01, 2020 8:10 pm
Hijinks wrote a review...



Hello PiendreLeCiel! I see you're new here, so welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

This is a wonderful prompt, but if you're not actually looking for reviews on your prompt (and it's sort of hard to review a prompt, after all), then I recommend you post this as a blog or in a forum.

To get to your blog, click on "Me" near the top left of the page, and a small drop-down menu should appear. You can click on "My Blog", and it should take you there.

If you want to post this in a forum, it probably makes the most sense to post it in the Writer's Corner or the Writing Tips. I've never really posted stuff in those forums, so I'm not an expert on what belongs there, but that's my best guess.

And finally, re your prompt - I love it! It is a little cliche but it could be an interesting challenge for a writer to give it their own twist!

Again, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope this helps!

Whatchamacallit




User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 1949
Reviews: 18

Donate
Fri May 01, 2020 7:58 pm
JellyRose says...



Hi there, this is just a suggestion, but since it is a writing prompt, it might be better to post it in the forums so that it would be organized better.

But this does sound like a fun prompt and I hope to see more prompts in the future!






Thank you for the suggestion! I'll definitely consider that next time!



JellyRose says...


Alrighty! Have a fantastic day!




Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury