z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

An Intellectual Love

by Peachtea1


I'll be honest, I don’t know what’s going on in your head.

Do you think of me, or of the time we’ve spent together?

Or do you think of someone else instead,

And how they would bring you more pleasure.

Do you think of me when you are tired and lonely,

Or only when I sent my notes of affection.

I’d like to think my messages make you warm and cozy,

But maybe I tell myself that to relieve some tension.

Your words bring meaning and wit,

But I read them unknowing of how they were meant to be spoken.

Were they to be loud and with grit,

Or perhaps ice chilled and broken.

But sometimes I think I can catch a glimpse into your mind,

And I feel that maybe I am one of your kind.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:01 pm
Eros wrote a review...



Hey, PeachTea1!!

This is Eros here with a review for this beautiful piece of yours!!

I see, you are new here! Welcome to YWS!! YWS is a big family of supportive people, where you'll get to learn maaaanny new things and you yourself will be someone from whom we all can learn things from. Well, leaving aside the welcoming thing. Let us jump into the review!!

So, I was just scrolling the Green room and I was really attracted with this title of your poem, "An Intellectual Love." The title is attractive, catchy and to the point and related to the poem and also, it is very apt. This is what is needed for the poem to be headed by all. I really loved it.

The flow of your poem is also smooths and the style of writing is easy to understand. Now, there are 2 styles of writing and I am not saying easy style is the best or writing in a crafty and artistic style is not that good or anything. But both of then has their own pros and cons.
But i prefer the east to understand style as it he's in conveying the feelings to the fullest.

I am really influenced by this poem and the poem is very romantic and the questionss that you have asked makes it all the very interesting thing to read.

The poem has a deep meaning behind it and it is very romantic full of feelings.

I really loved the flow of your poem, it flows well, with all the ideas linked together, weaving into a beautiful poetry. Enjoyed reading it.

Keep writing such awesome pieces, I mean poetries and other stuff... And we would love to to to keep keep reading them!!

Have ag great day / night!!

With love,
From Eros.

:D




User avatar
162 Reviews


Points: 1865
Reviews: 162

Donate
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm
FireSpyGirl wrote a review...



Hi there! Welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here!

I love this poem! It is so true and so relatable, at least for me.

For me, this is my favorite part:
"I'll be honest, I don’t know what’s going on in your head.

Do you think of me, or of the time we’ve spent together?

Or do you think of someone else instead,

And how they would bring you more pleasure."

Because, this part explains what I am going through the best!
Keep up the amazing work and I am definitely looking forward to more!





Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical