z

Young Writers Society



my girls mad at me

by Patrick


(Girl)- lexy

He tries to be compassionate
An emotion he can't convey,
The paranoia and insecurity,
Consume us and get in the way.

(boy)- patrick

Never do anything right
Feel as if I make every mistake
A risk I didn't have to try
A chance I didn't have to take.

(girl)- lexy

What I don't know can't hurt me,
Sometimes a lie is better than the truth
What I don't see can't fuel the fire
Sometimes a girl doesn't want proof.

(boy)- patrick

When she asks for a reason
I shut it away and bottle it up
A barrier she can't break down
A disguise you can only reveal close up.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 171

Donate
Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:33 am
lexy says...



who the hell is going to know that song!???? after all it is in the top 100 worst songs of all time!!!!!!!!!!
xxx
lexy xxxx




User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 23

Donate
Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:29 pm
Patrick says...



I don't mean to be discouraging especially when your new to the site... but honestly, what was this? I was reminded of some overdone [cheesy] musical.

Also, rhyming. You don't need to rhyme in a song. In a musical you might want it to, but it's not needed. I think that you should try to focus on the words to the song rather than trying to get it to rhyme. After that I'd say go ahead.

And one last comment I have is about the first stanza. I look at that and I can just see big words. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the song, you should try to go one way or the other.

I like the idea though. And the flow is pretty good. I hope you'll edit a bit and maybe repost! Good luck!



It may not need to rhyme, but i think you'll find that some songs do.
you said that you looked at the first stanza and said that "i can only see big words. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the song". But to my knowledge (Can't remember what it's is called) there is a song out there with theses words in it " some one left the cake out in the rain", this song lasts for nine minutes and basically is rubbish, it even came 1st in the top 100 wosrt songs of all time. so you see not all songs have to be correct to be good. And thanks for the good luck :D .

P.S. If anyone knows the song i was on about post it in. Thanks.




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 31

Donate
Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:18 pm
GibsonGirl wrote a review...



This is...okay. It defintley needs work, but the idea has potential. I agree with with Maggie, the constant rhyming reminds me of a musical. Just make it flow with the music, it doesn't need to rhyme. If you wind up having trouble, save a few lines you like and start something new. Rewriting really does help, and it usually gets better every time.




User avatar
53 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 53

Donate
Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:56 pm
Tropicana wrote a review...



I don't mean to be discouraging especially when your new to the site... but honestly, what was this? I was reminded of some overdone [cheesy] musical.

Also, rhyming. You don't need to rhyme in a song. In a musical you might want it to, but it's not needed. I think that you should try to focus on the words to the song rather than trying to get it to rhyme. After that I'd say go ahead.

And one last comment I have is about the first stanza. I look at that and I can just see big words. It doesn't really fit with the rest of the song, you should try to go one way or the other.

I like the idea though. And the flow is pretty good. I hope you'll edit a bit and maybe repost! Good luck!




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 1160

Donate
Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:40 am
Elizabeth wrote a review...



Hmm...
lexy: YOU'RE NAME IS IN THE POEM! :) That's cool. I wouldn't really call this iambic pentameter though. I forgot the definition from the Romeo and Juilet parody, but... yeah I posted it elsewhere so I'll find it and put it here.

Well, I can relate to the first paragraph and I have the feeling my boyfriend can relate to the second... (Vernon if you read this I don't mean that in a bad way)

It didn't potrawy as much as it could have but it was pretty good. If I can relate, it's not that terrible :) Relationships do tend to have these emotions... I should know... I'm in one.'

Also, it should be My Girl's mad at me
Girl is... Yeah... Yeah...




User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 171

Donate
Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:34 am
lexy wrote a review...



I like the iambic pentameter.
Flows well and is a simple poetic rhyming scheme :-)
Good work. :)





Why can't a full plate of food just teleport into my hands?
— WeepingWisteria