z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

An' When Our Wars Break Out With A Big Boom, Our Spring Flowers Will Still Bloom

by PEL



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 136
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 am
farq4d wrote a review...



Hey there, just wanted to drop by to leave a comment about this artwork. First of all, wow! this is so pretty and cool! I love the frame that you put the piece in. I'm curious, what medium is it? I love all the different types of flowers you have in the piece and all the different colors. The way that you have the bench surrounded by a tile/brick/paver pattern, it breaks up the naturalistic pattern of the flowers. This makes the bench easily the focal point of the art piece. I find my eyes first drawn to the bench, then downwards, then following the art piece in a sort of counterclockwise motion that leads me back to the bench. I would love to know more about this piece!!




PEL says...


Hi Farq,
Thank you for your kind review. I wanted to include this painting with the song below "Keep On Keeping On" but I couldn't seem to manage it, so I posted them separately. As for the painting I used Acrylic paints. I think colour has a healing affect so I love to paint colour in different ways. Flowers and Nature are perfect subjects to express colour.
There is a nice contrast between the straight geometric lines created by humans in the path, the brickwork and the seat compared to the alive free flowing movement of the flowers. Human creations are often solid unmoving objects while Nature is a free flowing living creation. But they can go together in harmony. Why? Because is is nice to have a seat to sit on while enjoying the healing colours of nature. The seat is there for you to sit on. Enjoy. If you would like to see more of my art work you can go to my web page below. I should let you know, though that they are mixed in with my other poems and songs, which are Aquarian poems and songs not Piscean ones so you may find them challenging. Thank you. PEL. https://poemsbypel.tumblr.com.




"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery