z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Don't Pretend

by OMGhamsterdweeb


Mother, I have one question for you: Are you proud of me?

I can't believe that it's possible; I don't see how that could ever be

Whenever I recall past events I just want to curl up and cry

You witnessed it all and never commented once; not one tear did you help dry

Chorus

So stop putting on an act, stop making out

That you'll be watching over me until the very end

If you can't quite understand, then maybe I'll just shout

"Please don't pretend!"

Don't pretend anymore

I have another question for you: Why weren't you ever there?

When I needed you the most you just stood back and looked on without a care

Sometimes I wonder if there's any point in talking to you ever again

Because all you do is fake your concern when I'm in absolute pain

Chorus

A guardian angel is not what you are

You were never perfect when you were alive

Why did I think you would be in the afterlife?

My skin is what you love to make me scar

The knife slits when I least expect it

I don't think you're near satisfied yet

Please, I beg of you, leave me alone

Please, I beg of you, leave me alone

Chorus


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 83
Reviews: 18

Donate
Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:04 am
GeorgiaMasonIII says...



I can't review, I have been hit by an attack of the feels




User avatar
524 Reviews


Points: 7146
Reviews: 524

Donate
Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:00 am
View Likes
felistia wrote a review...



Hi OMGhamsterdweeb, Felistia here with a short review on your poem.

I will start with the good and work to the bad. First I love your rhyming scheme, it is very smooth and I didn't even notice it until the second read. It helped the poem slid along like an ice skater on an ice rink. So well done.

Now for the bad. In my opinion there should be a full stop at the end of a poem and yours didn't have one. Other than that there is now bad. Keep writing and I hope to see more of your work soon. Have a great day\night.






It's not really a poem, but more of a song, but I understand that you thought there should be full stops :) my lyrics never tend to use full stops, so I never use them.
Thank you for the kind words :D



User avatar
25 Reviews


Points: 721
Reviews: 25

Donate
Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:28 pm
View Likes
BornLoser wrote a review...



Hello Hamster >.< I am here to review your lyric stuff ^_^

I can tell that this is a song from the heart, because you are referring to a deceased member (here, it's your mother) and are actually wondering about if they actually are looking over you like they said they would before they passed on. It's a topic I haven't yet seen being dealt with (as far as I know, anyway), and find that this is a very unique choice of topic!

The lyrics are on point! You use questions to show your doubt, and also some form of accusations to show your kind of... anger and frustration at everything.
I find the Middle 8 (I think that's what it's called) is really powerful. You're basically blaming this person for everything bad that's happened, saying that they "were never perfect" when they were alive and walking, and that the person loves to make you "scar" yourself via self harm... because them dying and leaving you alone has caused all of this.

Your rhyming is really good also!

I quite like how, in the last lines of the chorus, you repeat the words "don't pretend" to try and get your message across to this deceased person, because you feel they are deceiving you, even though they are dead and gone.

Beautifully written lyrics! ^_^ Keep writing bro!

Huggles from Born Loser ^-^






Thank you for such kind words ^.^




cron
The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill