z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Careless

by Nov96


Time.

Doesn't heal you, only changes you.

I spent so much time trying not to be like him.

I tried so hard not to care about them.

I was careless though.

I realized i was becoming like him because of my actions.

I was careless and hurt you.

I am not careless anymore.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
74 Reviews


Points: 2830
Reviews: 74

Donate
Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 pm
Omi1 wrote a review...



Alright.... :) This had a great start! The opening really got my attention, but toward the end, it kind of petered out... I feel like starting each sentence with the word "I" was far too repetitious. There was little variety and each time the same thing was pretty much said, only in different wording. I would recommend, and I hate saying this, but I would recommend that you shorten your poem.

Also, this poem was talking about time, but then it seemed to switch to a tragic romance. And lets be honest, tragic romances are so overdone its not tragic anymore... I don't say this because your a bad writer, but because you chose a bad topic. Even the best authors can only go so far when they write about cliche topics. Just remember that. :)

I look forward to reading more from you and wish you the best in your writing career. :)




User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 1168
Reviews: 11

Donate
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:21 pm
Aadygirl wrote a review...



Hi Nov96!

I loved the poem. You know, the best thing about poetry is that you can convey such a strong message through such little words.

What I LOVED about your poem was, it was very relatable. Many people have had similar feelings at some point in their lives. When they realize the importance of time. And the intriguing part of this piece of poetry is that because of its relativity, you don't need paragraphs to explain its inner message.

I personally loved the poem, and to me, it was very very relatable. I would love to read more of your work. Keep it up!

From an eager reader,
Adygirl :)




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35774
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:16 am
niteowl wrote a review...



Hi there Nov96! First off, welcome to YWS! It's a great side to get feedback on your writing and make new friends! Let me know if you have any questions!

Now, on to the piece. There's two things I like about it.

1) It has a strong opening line. A nice twist on an old line and an idea that opens up lots of possibilities.

2) A strong meaning. The speaker is having a moment of self-reflection, realizing that she is becoming exactly what she hated most. Again, a theme that can be used in lots of different contexts.

However, I think there could have been more meat to the piece. It's a small poem, yet "careless" is repeated three times. Repetition has its place, but I'm not convinced it works here. It feels like the speaker is just telling me her emotions, which is a bit boring. Why not show me her apathy? It would make it feel more real to the reader. Strong poems tend not to flat out state emotions, but rather use imagery and metaphor to make them obvious.

Overall, there's a strong idea behind this, but the piece itself could use more detail and stronger word choices. Welcome again and keep writing! :)




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 578
Reviews: 52

Donate
Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:55 pm



This is so remarkable! This is complete confirmation of what I have been feeling! You're writing is amazing! God bless you!





I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster