z

Young Writers Society



Untiled. for now. Prologue

by NinjaRebel


Okay, here's the prologue of my new novel. Copyrighted to me, Simone Robinson (not that I don't trust anyone, just precaution. lol)

I'm still thinking of a title...inspiration will strike...one day...

Anyway, I hope that you like it!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Brandon watched Rivin intently; the older man was pacing restlessly, his footsteps echoed in the large chamber.

“The DSO will be on the lookout for her, Brandon. They’ll want to strike before she has been trained. We must prevent this at all cost, Lianne’s army’s are growing with every passing day, and we need every ally that we can get at this difficult time.” He stated, urgency evident in his voice. The brown haired youth nodded curtly.

“Of course Rivin, I understand. I’ll find her as soon as I can, Melanie will be informed of her position as soon as possible.” His tone was hard and business like. The older man turned to face Brandon,

“She needs to be informed in a way that will be …believable for her. If Melanie doesn’t believe us, we have no chance in her joining us; it is her destiny for her to become an agent of the Resistance-” Brandon interrupted him in a quiet, calm tone, contradicting his friend’s worried and panicking demeanor.

“With all due respect, Rivin, I have been doing this long enough to know what needs to be done. Have I ever failed you in this way? I’ll get Melanie to join the ROS, don’t worry about her. Your main concern should be working on how to stop Lainne and the rest of her followers.”

Rivin sighed, nodding reluctantly. “ Sometimes, I wonder what I would do without you.”

“Well…” started Brandon, a rare smirk crossing his face.

“Oh be quiet!” Snapped the older man playfully. He too was smiling. He had known Brandon for most of the boys life, he had seen him grow up and join the Resistance, seen him perfect his skills, move up the ranks. He had seen him mature into the person that he was today, Rivin was proud of him, proud to work with him and proud to be part of his life. Brandon was one of the most skilled agents, he was brave, cautious, patient, intelligent and many other things, but sometimes it seemed as if he had grown up too fast, acting much older than his 16 years. Mentally shaking himself, he returned to the conversation, he looked up to find Brandon staring at him impatiently.

“I’m sorry, lost in though and all that, you know? What was it that you said?”

“Honestly Rivin, sometimes I don’t know how you manage to run this agency, you are so disorganized and scatterbrained!” he scolded lightly. Shaking his head he continued, “I was saying, ‘do you have any information as to the new member’s whereabouts?’ ”

“Yes, I do. Um, hold on a minute…” Rivin turned and riffled through some papers on his desk.

“This could take awhile…” muttered Brandon, leaning casually on the wall.

“One minute, almost got it!” Rivin called from the depths of a teak chest underneath his desk “…wait-wait, here it is!” announced Rivin triumphantly, pulling himself out from the box. He smoothed his long silver/white hair which was now all over the place. He cleared his throat in embarrassment before continuing.

“As I was saying, Melanie Dalton lives in…_________ , _______. (still deciding on a place) ” He paused and looked up. “How soon before you are ready to leave?”

Brandon looked at his friend, amusement evident in his azure eyes. “Rivin, I think that you’ve forgotten something…”

“What?” the older man frowned thoughtfully

“I live there.”

“Oh...” Rivin had the grace to look suitably embarrassed

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

so what do you think? am I waisting my time or should I carry on? plz review


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 162 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments




Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom