z

Young Writers Society



Unknown Incidence (7)

by Nike


Chapter 7

4th of July has always been a great holiday in our family. We all gathered at our house letting the pool get filled with water ready for the party’s arrival. The food got on the grill and we got out at the confetti and smelly bombs with fireworks out of the stores.

“You got all the food outside to dad?” I ask my mom as I take out the plates from the cabinets.

“Yup,” She grabs the food utensils and we go outside.

My outfit is all USA themed. A USA flag blue top with a pair of white shorts. My shoes were USA themed flip-flops. All my hair was let go with parts of it curled and straight.

I lay the plates onto the glass table which lies on the porch. The backyard is covered with two tall trees and a whole bunch of flowers and of course grass. The garage stands in the back blocking the vegetable garden.

My phone rings.

“Hello,” I answer with a smile.

“Hey Alex,” Zack says.

“Where did you get my number from?”

“Colin gave it,”

“Uhuh,”

I sit down on a swing that hangs from the garage hitting the black asphalt with my flip-flops.

“Are you busy today?”

“It’s the 4th of July! Of course I am,”

“Oh,” I hear the disappointment in his voice.

“But, if you want to-you can come over, we are having a huge party; it would be nice if you came over,” I insist.

“Okay, I can do that,”

“When should I come?” He adds.

“Anytime,”

“Okay, then I’ll be there in 10 minutes,”

“Okay see ya,” We both hang up and I smile to the thought of him coming.

I get off the swing and follow the way to the house.

*

Most of the family and friends group came here which includes Colin and his folks.

“Alex,” Frank knocks on my bedroom door.

“What,” I ask looking from my book.

“You’ve got a guest,” He smiles.

I close my book and get off my colorful couch.

“Okay, let them in,”

He steps away from the door and lets Zack in shutting the door.

“Hey,” I smile and he follows suit.

“Hey,”

He’s wearing an American flag Red top and some dark short jeans with some white flip-flops.

“Nice party,” He starts out.

“Thanks-it’s a tradition,”

I grab my book and put it away into my white sharpie colored shelf.

“It’s a great one, my family doesn’t do that-we go to Tyra Bank’s party every year, it’s her tradition,”

“Oh,”

“This seems better though,” He continues.

His eyes make me melt and I thought that I would never do that.

He walks up closer to me.

“So,” I say.

“I saw Colin,” He triggers me.

“Well duh, he’s a family friend,” I don't wanna talk about Colin now-I wanna get to kiss Zack.

“He said that I should watch out and I don’t know why,” He explains.

“Oh, God,” I laugh. Why would Colin do that?

“That’s what I thought too,” He was referring to my laugh.

This feeling between us makes me so happy and my stomach is turning.

My mind keeps repeating “Kiss,” “Kiss,” “Kiss,” but I just can't do that out of no where, I just really want to.

"Alex," he waves his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry-I just zoned out," I try to look away from him-he makes me want to kiss him.

"Can I kiss you?"

What? Did he just say that?

"Uh," I barley finsih my sentence and he kisses me.

Our lips touch and it feels awkward at first, then we just continue and all my feelings feel amazing and I just can’t stop feeling really good. Our bodies are touching and the warmth between us just grows. I have to admit-this is better than dreaming it.

I then hear my door open and a gasp coming from somebody’s mouth.

We stop kissing but we are still so close to each other.

“Hi Colin,” I say awkwardly.

“What the fuck?” he barley says.

Me and Zack back from each other.

“I can explain-,” I say.

Colin just walks out of my room slamming the door as hard as possible and that pisses my parents off really badly.

“Crap,” I just say.

“Sorry about that,” Zack says.

“About what?”

“The kiss,”

I smile remembering it-how soft his lips were, the awkward question before it. Ah, I loved the kiss.

"It's okay," I say.

"No it's not, you're dating and this isn't-I mean I don't know," he starts to moe his hands from nervousness.

"Zack-it's fine,"

We both just look at each other and feel the awkward tension from Colin that’s still in the room.

“I wanted to kiss you,” I say.

“Really,” he asks.

“Uhuh,” I smile which takes the tension away.

“But Colin,”

“He can handle it,” I kiss him this time.

Our feelings collide making me feel a whole lot better than when Colin stepped in.

He pulls away. “But what if Colin comes in and really hurts someone,”

“You’re too worried,” I walk up to the door and lock it.

We ignore everything and continue kissing each other. He’s a very good kisser. We land on my couch and I can feel his warm body against mine as we touch our lips against each other. I can feel his hands slide on my body and I don’t mind at all.

This is what I call the best 4th of July ever!

*

Everyone is doing what they love on this amazing day. The night sky gets this day ready for fireworks and wishes.

I see my younger cousins running around my backyard chasing after lightning bugs and the parents are sitting around the glass table that’s placed on the deck. The older teens are talking or sitting around the house and outside; yes my family is big.

“Hey,” Zack says sitting next to me.

“Hi,” I say.

I’m on the porch sitting on the swinging bench. The lights from the candles make the night brighter and so does the moon light. I hit the wooden deck with my feet letting them slip up and down.

“How’s Colin?”

I look at him and see something I would never see in him. What I saw is that I liked him, I was actually interested.

“Yeah,”

“Did you talk to him even?”

“Why do you care?”

He gets closer to me. “Because I don’t wanna be the bad guy here,”

“Uhuh, so it’s all about you huh?” Some hate fills me.

This really isn’t good.

“No, not that again.” He turns away.

“Yes, that again,” My arms cross.

“Listen, I don’t want Colin mad at me. I didn’t even do anything!”

I look at him with a mad face.

“Oh no, you didn’t. You stole his girlfriend,”

“She fell for me, now that’s not my fault,”

“Yes it is! You seduced her,”

“Oh really,” He shows a questioned face.

I rethink what I just said. Seduced? No way, I didn’t go that low, did I?!

“No, you didn’t do that,”

“Uhuh, now who’s changing their mind now?”

“Okay Zack, listen-I didn’t tell Colin because I don’t wanna hurt his feelings,” I explain.

“Now that’s not what I can do,”

“I know,”

“You gotta talk to him,” He holds my hand.

“I know,” I stare blindly in front of myself.

Everything is a blank to me. I cheated on my first boyfriend with the last person I would do it with. Zack Gallagher was the last person on my mind-ever, more like he was never in my mind. My first boyfriend is gonna hate my guts when we were the best of best friends. What have I done?

“Alex, are you there?” Zack waves his hand in front of my face.

“Uhuh, yeah,” I show my weak smile.

“Alex,”

My face turns towards his. “What have I done?” I get up and run inside leaving him in the mist.

My feet run up the stairs leading me to my room. All the people in the house just looked at me in wonder. I shut my door and lock it automatically landing on the light brown wooden floor getting tears down my cheeks.

What have I done? What have I done? WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!? This repeats in my head leading me into a psycho state of mind.

“Alex,” Zack knocks on my door.

I ignore it and let these tears cry and cry down my face. All the emotions fall down and make me feel like crap. I can’t just hide underneath this smile. What I did was horrible; there is no more friendship between me and Colin. I broke his heart and our friendship has sailed away.

“What have I done?” I whisper with sobs coming out.

“Alex, open up!” Zack yells.

“Leave me alone,”

I can hear him unlocking the door and running up to me.

“Are you okay?”

“I said leave me alone, what part of that did you not understand? The English part?” My anger grows.

“I won’t leave you alone,”

“Please Zack,” I look at him with blurry eyes.

He hugs me and it makes me feel comforted. I feel better like someone cares for me, but I don’t want it, I really don’t want it. I can hear him talking to me but I just ignore it even though I love his voice I just ignore it.

“Zack,” I still get some sobs out.

“Uhuh,” He still holds me in a hug.

“I ruined everything,”

He looks at me with a confused face and I leave him that way.

*

Midnight, the second night I can’t fall asleep. It’s killing me.

I would normally call my best friend to help me but he doesn’t even wanna know me.

My phone lies on my bed side table and I pick it up. I let my thumb go down the contacts list and stopping at Colin’s name. It didn’t wanna go any farther, he would always know how to help me in this situation-always.

I get up and walk to my Brother Frank’s room. Letting myself in I keep quiet and get him to wake up. His room is dark from the night but you can still see his dark green walls and black bed. Frank’s room was messy today and so was his light wooden desk.

“What,” He asks still feeling sleepy.

“I can’t fall asleep,” I whisper.

“Oh,” He gets up and lets me in to bed with him. We've always been close to each other-Frank always let me do alot of things with him 'cause we trust each other.

“Thanks,”

“Goodnight,”

“Goodnight,”

We both go to sleep feeling "safe and sound" well, people always say that-so now I said it! Ha, i'm like a movie.

Please comment! I wanna know what you think! :thud:


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 306 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
560 Reviews


Points: 30438
Reviews: 560

Donate
Wed May 19, 2010 3:25 pm
Tenyo wrote a review...



Review Part(7)

Peuuuuwwwschooookchapoo! <<< Sound stories make when they crash.

I like how the story so far has been building to a climax, which is this. It opens quite well too. And I've liked the plot so far.

Then, suddenly Alex has kissed another guy she only just met and doesn't really know that much about. Not only that, but *she* is the one who kissed *him*, again.

Then there's the crying, the sleeplessness, and the cute brother-sister-friendship moment, but it's all waay too much too fast. It wouldn't be so bad, it would actually be quite sweet if the whole thing was spread out.

Also, that last bit is a little confusing. Alex lets herself in, but after waking her brother up he lets her in too. And where is she sleeping? Did she bring a blanket? Or is she sharing his bed? That seems a little odd since there hasn't been a very strong relationship established yet. You also mention they both fall asleep feeling safe and sound. Does Frank have a reason to not sleep safe and sound?

In my opinion I think this would be a good opportunity (some time earlier on) to give your reader an insight to Franks life, perhaps he's having trouble with a female friend. A scene between him and his friend on the 4th of July would help to fill out the space in between events too. Also, having Frank more involved would appeal to a male audiance. Of course, that's just what I would do. Your story, your choice.

On to part(8) :D




User avatar
267 Reviews


Points: 314
Reviews: 267

Donate
Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:51 am
Nike says...



why isnt anybody commenting? you read it; yes i like that but i would REALLY wanna know what you think!
Nike :)
P.S.- Thanks.





Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato