Home » Literary works » Other » Dramatic

Pandora's Box

by Nike

The world is filled with everything we hate. The only thing we get for suffering is hope. Hope is the strongest thing anyone has. It's a belief system that maybe someday you'll be happy and that there won't be any suffering.

But let's be honest here, all we have is hope and we won't stop suffering.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:37 am
ShadicMasters says...

I love this little bit of writing since it reflect much of the world in so little words, it's easy to understand. I don't think there' s much you can add to it, you put all the information so little words.

I don't see anything wrong with this so keep on producing high quality work, i'd like to see more work done

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:19 am
JoeDeF wrote a review...

"It's a belief system that maybe someday you'll be happy and that there won't be any suffering." - I really love this line, for a few reasons, but mostly because the accuracy of it hits the target no matter the distance. It hits it out of the park, because hope is all we ever have and all we ever will have. There's hope in the unloved, the hopeless, and the unknown. There's always hope, but that doesn't necessarily mean that anythings going to change. Props dude, this is a nice little write here. Very nice.

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 am
PancakeandWaffle wrote a review...

"The world is filled with everything we hate"
-Love the image! Perks: Reality.
"The only thing we get for suffering is hope."
I can't quite follow this line..
"Hope is the strongest thing anyone has."
I am dying to see a medaphore in here somewhere, espacially with such a topic.
"It's a belief system that maybe someday you'll be happy and that there won't be any suffering."
LOVE the usage of "belief system" in here, It works perfectly and I think this sentence could go into sooo many other books/stories/poems!
"But let's be honest here, all we have is hope we won't stop suffering."
Great ending, good use of wording.
Great little story. Very enjoyable... Keep up the good work!
-Waffle

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell