z

Young Writers Society



Happiness

by Nike


People are HUGE fans of happiness. Like right now I'm watching a hilarious movie as I'm typing this, the movie makes me happy 'cause it makes me laugh. Some people think happiness is a rare thing, but if you really want it, you can have it all the time.

Truly, it would be weird to be happy all the time because we are used to many moods.

Some people (well, alot of people) beleive that happines is hard to get because they are stressed out and filled with diss belief! What I think is that you need more confidence in yourself to get your happiness up, and/or try to do something to get happy or ask someone to help. For example: When you're really down and you feel that everyone hates you, like, that you have no confidence, think about the happiness in your life. What you do that makes you who you are, what makes you a great person and your confidenc will automatically grow. People have bad days, but you can make them better. Dress nicly and fashionably that will make you say "I'm in style!" and your confidence will go.

Happiness is the key to having a great life and you can see it if you beleive it. You have to forget about your problems and bring the happiness.

The happy makes you soo happy! you feel lucky and excited. People love you if you show great happiness and if you are energetic for everything. so just smile and everything will be okay! :D


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
411 Reviews


Points: 42428
Reviews: 411

Donate
Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:05 pm
BenFranks wrote a review...



Hello there Nike,

Okay, my first point is you should never full-caps a word, so make HUGE huge. Also, the sentence following your opening one, where you say you're currently watching a movie is a bit choppy and the flow is kind of killed off straight away. This means you've lost most of your readers and it also doesn't particularly make any sense. I'd tell them what movie you're watching then go on to explain why it's making you happy. You just need to revise the structure of your writing because it isn't working. Also you've got a good few typos in there, such as "diss belief" which should be disbelief. I also need to suggest you make sure your sentences make sense with the punctuation you're using because there's a good few grammar issues too. The main thing therefore is that this is lacking of captivity and flow, once you've installed these two things you can have a pretty good argument.

Hope this helps & keep it up,
Ben




Random avatar

Points: 3529
Reviews: 18

Donate
Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 pm
MinisterOfHighHopes wrote a review...



Hey Nike.

I think that you have a good topic here, but the actual writing is incomplete. I just don't think that you really will convince people about happiness with what you have here. I think that you need to just write more. Make it more persuasive and interesting. Also, just check out your spelling and grammar.

Hope this helps!

-Minister




User avatar
1334 Reviews


Points: 25864
Reviews: 1334

Donate
Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:58 pm
Hannah wrote a review...



Hey, Nike!

So I have a couple of big points that could make this little essay better.
First of all, you need to proof-read. That's one of the first rules of posting on a writing website. Check your spelling, capitalize what needs to be capitalized, and make sure everything is in its proper place. If you don't do this, other people have to focus on what your piece looks like rather than what it is. They'll correct your spelling instead of suggesting valuable points that could make your work successful or powerful!

Secondly, since this is a piece of non-fiction and seems to be trying to persuade the reader to agree with you, you should provide some evidence or at least a little bit of explanation. For example, when you say "I think... you need more confidence in yourself to get your happiness up", try showing us situations in which confidence relates to happiness OR give us examples of how to be more confident. Both of these things would make your point more accessible to a reader, rather than just blurting out an opinion.

It's nice that you think people should be happy, but the reader wants to know WHY you think that way.

Try fleshing out your work a little more and it could be a nice little essay! :3
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Keep working!

-Hannah-





All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe