Guessing

by Nike

Wouldn't you say that guessing doesn't work? It just pulls you back. You never know the truth, you just guess. It's what you think, not what you know.

I try so hard to understand. But trust me, it's not going to be easy. Talking to you is one thing, telling you, asking you, is another. I'll never manage to open my mouth and let those few words slip out.

It won't happen.

What we have --excuse me-- barely have... it's not worth breaking. What if you don't even feel the same? It's already awkward between us. Talk about more awkwardness. Just.

I just wish.

It'd be easier.

But I can't. Many obstacles stand in our way. Some I don't want to knock down. It'd hurt too much.

Just tell me what's happening. Then I would know. I wouldn't have to keep on guessing. I could go on forever, guessing and guessing. But would I ever get the answer? Oh, no.

WritingWolf wrote a review...

This is a very interesting piece. Myself, I'm not entirely sure if I agree with or not. It surly gets me thinking about guessing. But really the only things I can think of to say about guessing are, well, guesses. So that doesn't make much sense.

Although, I'm still not quite sure what this piece was supposed to focus on. Was it the idea of "guessing" in general? Was it the action of continuously guessing? Or was it the pain of not knowing if you will ever actually get an answer?

This is an intriguing piece indeed. I think it would have been better if it was longer. But maybe that was the point, to leave the reader there guessing about it's intended purpose or meaning?

I don't really know what to think of this piece, other than how interesting it is.
You surly did a good job at whatever you where trying to do with this piece. I know that because you gave me(the reader) the feeling that you did what needed done with this, even though I have no idea what this piece is for or about.

I can think of only one word to describe this, excellent.
Great job, and keep up the good work.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:08 pm
Z03Kill3r wrote a review...

I think this is amazing, especially from the first-person address, which works really well with the context of a failing relationship (at least that's how I interpreted it). I think it'd be possible that you could use more complex punctuation, like semi-colons and regular colons, but I think the use of blunt full-stops and ellipses works perfectly. It makes it feel more human- like the way it is presented. Very nice.

Sorry if I didn't have much to say, but I enjoyed this a lot.

Write on! :D

Z03

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:18 am
Adara says...

This is really good, read it about 5 times, very good.

It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314