z

Young Writers Society



The Child called it

by Nicola


This is one of the best stories I have ever read I just love true stories becasue it tells you what it is like to be abused because alot of people get abused know a days and I don't think its right for their parents to abuse ther children, If I could I would adopt all the children that get aused when I'm older and look after them for myself.

A lot of people cry when they read stories about children being abused but I love children know matter what they look like or smell like because I'm just a loving person. If you like true stories i advice you too read this book becasue it is so good and sometimes sad.

The writer of this book is Dave Pelzer he is the boy that was getting abused by his parents in the book and know he has lived his life to tell his version of the story.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 14

Donate
Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:47 am
snap says...



I've read this book several times, it's very powerful, and the author is a very strong man. There are two sequels as well. The lost Boy and A Man Named Dave.




User avatar
50 Reviews


Points: 1046
Reviews: 50

Donate
Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:44 am
TellATaleForTwo wrote a review...



yeah i loved that book to!
actually i read all three in when i was in eigth grade so they have kinda blend together and i dont really remember which is which
but all of it is kind of surreal
cause its so dramatic
and its like how the hell can one human being do that to another... espesially a mother to her child...
*remembers the bathroom scene and shudders*




User avatar
493 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 493

Donate
Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:32 am
Misty says...



That book was fantastic. Read it w/ the whole series in 10th grade.




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 52

Donate
Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:23 am
Foreseer says...



I read this book, about one or two years ago. It was soo sad, I cried at the end but I was so mad and upset I had to put it away a few times during the story.




User avatar
657 Reviews


Points: 6523
Reviews: 657

Donate
Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:26 am
Jennafina wrote a review...



I read it, but I didn't really love it.

A lot of the time, it seemed like the author was writing more to get the horrible things that happened to him off his chest, or to make the world more aware of child abuse, instead of to tell a story. There was a second ending in italics that I didn't like, and it slowed down the book for me.

I liked the way the writing was clear and without fluff, and it was sad. It's a good story. It didn't get me to cry though. Sorry, lol.

How are the second and third ones?




User avatar


Points: 890
Reviews: 3

Donate
Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:43 am
saoirse says...



That's the thing, with a story like that, it's hard to criticize the writing. I didn't even pay attention to the writing at all.

It was very moving, and for the author to have the courage to write about it, that's pretty great.




User avatar
64 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 64

Donate
Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:45 am
Mr. Everyone says...



wow! sounds like I have to read this book




User avatar
368 Reviews


Points: 1125
Reviews: 368

Donate
Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:57 pm
Shine says...



Yep read this book and it was good.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 15

Donate
Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:59 pm
Unrecompensed says...



I thought the story was great, and the fact it was true added a lot (like it needed to be said). I didn't think it was too well written, but it didn't really matter. The story was great, again.

- FoY




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 681

Donate
Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:59 pm
Sponson Light says...



I read that book years ago. And it was so well written I still remember a lot about the book. A good read indeed.




User avatar
497 Reviews


Points: 6400
Reviews: 497

Donate
Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:54 pm
Teague wrote a review...



That book is fantastic. At first I thought it was fiction but when I found out it was true, I cried for 15 minutes. If I remember right, I read the second book too, but that one doesn't stick out in my memory as well. I remember the inserts with him and his son and I thought they were really sweet.




User avatar
694 Reviews


Points: 3654
Reviews: 694

Donate
Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:13 am
Via wrote a review...



Our spanish teacher [I don't know, don't ask haha] actually read this book aloud to us in highschool. I liked it a lot. We moved on to the second book...but it wasn't quite as powerful as the first. I always thought it was odd that she read it to us as ninth graders, though. But I liked it!




User avatar
161 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 161

Donate
Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:38 am
Cassandra says...



Wow...now I feel like a heartless black hole for not crying...

But I did love the book. A lot. And the second and third books in the trilogy, of course. Those were also really good.




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:19 am
Sam says...



I keep meaning to read that...*grr* Short-term memory loss.




User avatar


Points: 890
Reviews: 2

Donate
Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:24 am
Nicola says...



Thanx everyone for posting a message I thought it was excilent.




User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 38

Donate
Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:56 pm
marching_gurl89 says...



I also loved that book so much.I cried so much when I read it(as much as the ending in we were soldiers)




User avatar
176 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 176

Donate
Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:01 pm
Muse says...



i loved that book!! I cried....




Random avatar

Points: 1823
Reviews: 665

Donate
Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:51 pm
deleted6 says...



That name rings a bel but i'll look out for it. Sound good!





No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne