z

Young Writers Society



Death Penalty

by Nexus


Sorry guys I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the correct catagory, but I think this might be a kind of thought provoking subject or at least a controversial one.

Here are my questions:

- Why is there a death penalty (As surely if someone is executed by the state for murdering someone, the executionor should be executed for executing hehe and so on)?

- Why is it done in such inhumaine way for example, The Electric Chair litteraly fries all the blood-cells in your head, and the leathal injection is poisoning, and in extreme cases of course hanging?

-How do the executioners live with themselves?

I know it is quite i morbid curiosity but i would like to hear your opinions on it.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
365 Reviews


Points: 22
Reviews: 365

Donate
Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Fishr wrote a review...



Until the post i moved, I'm going to state my opinions because I'm evil and opinionated. :D

Why is there a death penalty (As surely if someone is executed by the state for murdering someone, the executioner should be executed for executing hehe and so on)?
Death is a blessing, and frankly, if someone murdered one of my kin, I would like to see them dead as well, so I'm for the death penalty. And no, the executioner who pulled the plug on the chair or gave them the pill, so forth, should NOT suffer the same fate because the executioner is doing mankind justice. I do NOT see the executioner as cruel or misguided but as a savior on some respects. Think about it. If the executioner was responsible for knocking off a mass murderer or someone that was responsible for killing a member in your family, I don't think you'd object. Be gone with them! Be gone with the scum!

Why is it done in such inhumane way for example, The Electric Chair literally fries all the blood-cells in your head, and the lethal injection is poisoning, and in extreme cases of course hanging?
Pfft... if you think THOSE are inhumane, how about the victims that suffered intolerable and outstanding abuse and violent deaths? Jeffrey Dalmer is a great example. Read about him, and you will be thoroughly discussed! Frankly, the punishments we have no and days I don't believe them to be enough on some levels. Besides, remember this: We've come a long away from your "inhumane" way of thinking. Back when the US was just making a name for itself, back before the outbrake of war in 1775, punishments were by far more fearsome and deadly. Shall I name a few? There were was the Whipping Post, where a man would be tied down by the wrists and publicly humiliated by being whipped repeatedly. Then there was the Dunking Stool, similar to the Electric Chair. The only difference was that the victim was dunked several times without even catching a breath. There was of course tar and feathering, the Stocks, Pillories, Branks, and branding. Oh, and my personal favorite (not!) was a firing squad. No, the punishments we have today are a walk in the park compared to the past, sorry to say.

-How do the executioners live with themselves?
This is a very easy question. Death doesn't affect everyone to the degree you might think. Doctors, morticians, undertakers and the like deal with this subject everyday, and neither of them say to themselves, "How do you live with yourself?" It's their job, duty, and a service they provide to people worldwide, including executioners.




User avatar
614 Reviews


Points: 1106
Reviews: 614

Donate
Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:45 pm
Swires says...



Jenna my dear you are write. This should go in the lounge or Debate Group.




User avatar
657 Reviews


Points: 6523
Reviews: 657

Donate
Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:31 pm
Jennafina wrote a review...



Non-fiction forum is for things like essays or biographies.

I think this should go in Debate Forum (you'd have to join the usergroup first), or The Lounge. Unless it's for your homework or a story. There are forums for that too. :)




User avatar
571 Reviews


Points: 14170
Reviews: 571

Donate
Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:45 pm
Esmé wrote a review...



Personally I think that killing anothe rliving person is horrible. Hanging, the electric chair... I mean, we are killing a person who killed someone else!

I understand that something should be done, that those should face consequences, but... Wouldn't prison till the end of they're days be worse?




User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 590
Reviews: 67

Donate
Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:03 pm
EstelPax says...



No problem.




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 21

Donate

User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 590
Reviews: 67

Donate
Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:32 pm
EstelPax wrote a review...



Nexus wrote:Sorry guys I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is the correct catagory, but I think this might be a kind of thought provoking subject or at least a controversial one.

Here are my questions:

- Why is there a death penalty (As surely if someone is executed by the state for murdering someone, the executionor should be executed for executing hehe and so on)?

- Why is it done in such inhumaine way for example, The Electric Chair litteraly fries all the blood-cells in your head, and the leathal injection is poisoning, and in extreme cases of course hanging?

-How do the executioners live with themselves?


I know it is quite i morbid curiosity but i would like to hear your opinions on it.

First of I agree how do executioners live with them selves.
Seconedly the death penalty is wrong if done inhumanley.




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 21

Donate
Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:51 pm
Nexus says...



Ok, I'll edit it, thanks.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 82

Donate
Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:49 pm
misspriss wrote a review...



I really have no clue, but I'm going to critque your post. ;-)

Firstly, capitilize your i's, it shows a lack of confidence and self-respect if you don't.

Secondly, when asking a question put a question mark.

Heehee, I know you didn't ask for grammar corrections but it's bothering me so I just had to tell you. :-)





Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde