Silly thoughts :)

by Moriko

Hmm let me try again to make a poem
A poem that will make people think I am smart
A poem that will make people realize they're dumb 
A poem that will turn atumn into spring.

But honestly, I don't think I will be able to write it
I am not a writer, I can't write anything!
Well, I can write the ABC's but I don't know how to form them into words
And grammar? Who the hell set that up anyway?

And for the next one, let me see...
How can I make people realize they're dumb?
Ah! All I have to do is to look for someone with a very high IQ
Compare that person to the others and bingo!

Changing autumn into spring?Why not?
I know I am not a God and I don't have super powers
But believe me, it's so easy
All I have to do is to think that when the leaves are falling
And the trees seemed like they're dying
That season is called spring.

Dawnpath1 wrote a review...

Nice. This one actually makes me smile, which is what I was going for when I clicked humor. I don't always get that when I click humor so it's a nice change of pace. Now, I'm going to give you the 'normal' review I give other poets so they have something to think about.

Meter: It helps the poem flow
Rhyme: It helps the poem ring

Now that's basically it. But this isn't that kind of poem. For YOU I'd suggest looking for new places to break lines, because the seem rather long to me. But I love short lines, so it's just a 'me' thing. It's a great poem. ^^ Thanks for the lol.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:56 am
live1out2loud7 wrote a review...

I really loved reading this poem. It is really lighthearted and... your avatar is very distracting and awesome by the way. Anyways, your poem was a very lighthearted and fun read. I love how it is not really written in normal poetic style. It does not rhyme and flow like normal poems do, but it still fits together really well and sounds really nice. It kind of is making fun of just about everyone who rights poems, and I love it. Poems are very serious things and are very confusing at times, it is hilarious how you wrote this poem about writing poems and making fun of those very serious ones. Personally, all I write is poetry, so I find this extremely funny and I think that just about anyone who writes poetry or not would really enjoy reading it.

Well, since I'm reviewing this, I should probably tell you some things that you could do in order to make it better. Well, I don't really have much to say for that. You need to put a space after "Changing autumn into spring?". Also, the fourth and fifth lines of the last stanza are a little bit confusing. They are not bad though and it might just be me having issues with comprehension because I'm tired right now. Anyways, great job and keep up the awesome writing!

By the way, I am definitely reading more of your work from now on.

sorry, I don't know why that posted twice. I think my internet service is just insanely messed up. Sorry about that!

JabberHut says...

Don't click submit more than once! Just click the button once. It'll usually go through on its own. Just in case, copy your entire review so that if you lose it, you can just come back to this page and paste it before submitting it.

But don't go click-happy! Don't click submit twice, or it'll post twice. ;)

yah, I've clicked twice before and it did that, but this time I promise i only hit it once! thanks for the advice though :D

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:55 am
live1out2loud7 wrote a review...

Demeter wrote a review...

Hi Moriko!

Here I am as I promised, after your wiley ways of tricking me (no, seriously, it was funny).

I think what you've got here is a pretty good basis/starting point/frame, call it what you will! I like these sort of "light" poems, they're very amusing.

One thing I could suggest to you to make this an even more enjoyable read is tweaking the poem so that the lines would be somewhat the same length. You don't have to do it religiously or anything, but I find it much easier to concentrate on a poem when there's more consistency. It's most easily noticed by the mentioned similar line lengths, but of course there are other ways to do it as well.

I also felt like this is the sort of poem that would do well with rhymes! So maybe, if you feel like it, you could try adding some rhymes. I think that would do wonders for the whole humourous setting that this has. :)

Also, just a little nitpick:

"Autumn" is missing "u". ;)

I hope this helped! Do keep writing, this was fun to read. And welcome to YWS, if I didn't say already!

Demeter
x

Moriko says...

Yay! I thought it's some sort of love letter (kidding!). But really, I did not intend to trick you or something else *grins.

I guess I really have to work in making poems with consistent lines (I actually got the same comment in my other poem). I actually finds it hard to lengthen some of my lines to make my poems consistent, but I'll try to 'tweak' next time.

I actually tried rhyming it but I ran out of words so I decided to leave it this way. Haha laziness. Maybe I just love free-verse so I usually do my stuff this way, but I will give rhyming a try.

Nice, I did not notice that 'u' is missing :D Yay!

And thanks Dem, it sure helped a lot and I'll try to remember your suggestions next time.

Now it fells homely :)

Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 am

Ha, it's hilarious! Kind of like making fun of all those peoples who write dreary, serious poems and everything. (Like me, but I don't mind)

Moriko says...

Haha thanks. I also noticed that. So I decided to write a poem this way to sway a bit.

Mon May 07, 2012 1:53 am
Moriko says...

Does it sucks?

Mon May 07, 2012 1:48 am
steward says...

lol, that's hilarious... :)

I cannot separate the aesthetic pleasure of seeing a butterfly and the scientific pleasure of knowing what it is.
— Vladmir Nabokov