Home » Literary works » Other » Teen Fiction

The Teenage Mind. Part 2

by Morgan

Everyone has friends, but what is exactly is a true friend?

In my opinion, a true friend is someone who will be there for you no matter what. They accept you for who you are. They make you laugh when you’re upset and sad. They’ll be willing to do anything for you. A friend is someone who will cry for you either because you’re moving away or even if it doesn’t envolve them at all. A friend is someone who you can trust. Someone you can tell your secrets to and they’ll always know the words to say. They don’t talk behind your back and they especially don’t even try to pull you down in any way. They understand you. Now a true friend is someone who will literally take a bullet for you. 

How do you know if someone is the right friend?

You just....feel it. You know.  It’s like this feeling in you that tells you that you can feel free to be yourself around that person. It doesn’t have to be a girl if your a girl or a guy if your a guy. It could be almost someone you won’t expect. You shouldn’t have to EVER feel like you’re not worth it to be around that person. 

But what if you do? 

This is called peer pressure. When the group of people you hang out with suddenly makes you want to change yourself. Either  the way you stand out as an individual or just mainly how you portray yourself. You’d want to change your opinions, your style, or almost to the point where you don’t even recognize yourself. You’d stare at yourself in the mirror and you think, “What am I doing? Who are you?” 

If you’ve ever felt socially awkward around your friends or you’ve felt humiliated like you’re not being accpeted, that would be peer pressure and something NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO FEEL. 

Have I felt peer pressure before? 

Definitely! I’m not gonna hide it. I was younger back then and didn’t know what it was. I just thought that it was ME. I thought I was the problem. What I didn’t know was, it wasn’t me. It was just my choice of friends. 

Now you may think, “Well, if I don’t hang out with this group of friends, then I won’t be considered cool ointeresting.” I totally get that. You think that you’re not going  to find the right friends, but don’t you hear that voice in your head? Aren’t your tired of being upset becasue you’re still not accpeted. How long do think it will be for you to be “one of them”? What are the stakes? The risks?

Let me ask you. Have you ever felt peer pressure? How do you feel? If you have or you are the moment, how do you plan on fixing it or how did you fix it? If you think someone is pressuring someone in order for them to hang out with your group fo friends, what would you do? Or...do you do anything at all?

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:01 am
Miraculor77 says...

I would just... stop. Stop meeting with them, stop being involved in any way with them, etc. I would still acknowledge them, say hi, you know. But definitely distance myself from them.

Morgan says...

Lol!!! :D
Same. Although, if i ever told one of my friends that I was being peer pressured, she would actually go and beat them up. Oh well. XD

JadeLotus wrote a review...

I think we feel peer pressure in our everyday lives. There is a good sort of peer pressure and a bad sort.

The good kind is when your friend encourages you to get better grades or to try out for a sport they know you like. etc

The bad kind is trying to get you to bully people or spread rumors. etc

With the bad sort you feel like you have to do it or you won't be considered one of the gang. You think you'd be considered a loser.

I have felt both kinds before and I tell myself: I don't need their approval. i would rather do the right thing then be popular.

If I found out someone I knew was pressuring a friend I would tell them to leave them alone and not to do that. If they don't stop then I'd get an adult involved. I really hope someone would do the same for me if I was being pressured in front of them.

But that's all I have to say. I hope you enjoyed my answer and I hope you make a part three. :)

-Jade Lotus

Morgan says...

Hey there Jade! THank you for reviewing this so quickly. I just posted this not quite long ago, but yes. I really like your awnser. Also, I can%u2019t wait to see what I come up with for Part 3

Morgan says...

Hi...I’m Morgan.
The Teenage Mind is a piece of work that asks teenage related problems. Although, peer pressure doesn’t have to be just for teenagers. It could be part of something almost anyone feels at any age.

So I would like to keep this going and I hope for some more suggestions on what my next one should be about. Tag me, pm me, or post it on my wall. I’ll always be welcome to some more ideas. Also, I’m new to this whole shabang so yeah..lol!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne