The Teenage Mind. Part 1.

by Morgan

Have you ever felt guilty or pressured for something that you know isn’t that big of a deal, but yet you’re afraid of the unknown circumstances so you find yourself procrastinating for hours on what you should do? As if, being in an unsteady situation just makes you wonder if you could get out of trouble YOUR way? 

For example. Let’s say that you got in trouble because you got in a fight with someone so you get a behavior slip sent home. You think to yourself, well, I didn’t mean it intentionally. He/she started it first. Think, you’ve never been in trouble your life, and now you’e just standing in your room, biting your lip with agitation as you stare down at a behavior slip. On it, are the words that you thought you would never imagine seeing. 

DETENTION! 

Deep inside, you’r sehaking with fear as you try to sort through all the emotions and thoughts over one piece of paper. You wonder about what your parents would say. What your friends with think of you. Especially, if they’re the type who like to keep their permanent record clean. Think of the humiliation. The pounding of your heart as your friends surround you, asking you questions about what happened. How would you reply? If you could, would you hide it and how? 

Then you realize that detention is half an hour long and is on the same day of your basketball, football, or softball game. Or any day that you know for sure is most important to you. It requires your time and abilities, yet you enjoy it! Now, you won’t be able to attend it because of detention. You slap a hand to your forehead and shake your head, wondering why you ever got in the mess in the first place. 

You know that the right thing to do is to show the slip to your parents and go to detention, but....you feel something pull you back and it kills you that you can’t make the right decision right away. 

How would you handle this time? 

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:57 am
Miraculor77 wrote a review...

I've gotten detention before (thrice), but thankfully it didn't occur on any day of great importance. In-school suspension, on the other hand, is considerably worse.
I showed it to my friends who were wondering why I had to go to the front office, it sort of earned me a reputation (probably not in a good way lol).

Now for the actual review:
This is really good, I can totally relate to it, and I'm sure most people can. The first time I got detention I was truly terrified, because before I was that straight-A student and teacher's pet.
Overall, the writing is pretty good. I did find one spelling error, though.

Have you ever felt giulty or pressured for something that you know isn’t that big of a deal, but yet you’re afraid of the unknown circumstances so you find yourself procrastinating for hours on what you should do?

It's "guilty," not "giulty," though I'm sure it was just an unintentional typo. (Me getting slightly nitpicky here)

I'm gonna go read Part 2 now, so

Keep writing,
Mira

Morgan says...

Thank you for the review and I totally did not see that. I will go ahead and fix that. Also, I can totally relate. I got in trouble for such a minor thing (in my opinion, but I guess that%u2019s what happenes when you go to a private school. Everything is super strict) so I guess that%u2019s what gave the idea to write this. And I really hope that you like part 2

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:33 am
LadyBug says...

I would show it to my parents and explain what happened. I know it's easier said than done but it's the right (and in the long run, it is the easier) thing to do. I would hate to miss a practice (even though I don't play any of those things) but it's only one time, right? I would go for a walk, watch a show, listen to music, etc to calm down and so I could think properly. I enjoyed this and maybe for your next you could do something on peer pressure. Just a suggestion.
I hope you do more and I'll answer them.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:32 am
LadyBug wrote a review...

Morgan says...

thank you. This is my first work, so I was a little nervous, and I%u2019ll totally consider on doing peer pressure.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:04 am
Morgan says...

Good tidings to all of you. I am Morgan, the author and maker of The Teenage Mind. I am also new to YWS. If you are wondering what this is all about, then I’ll happily explain it. The work is based on teenage problems. As part of your review, you can answer the question to the dilemma and how YOU would handle it.

I’m not technically grand on making ideas, so if you have a few suggestions on what the next Part and question should be on please, tag me, pm me, or post on my wall. I’d deeply appreciate it. Thank you!

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox