Tellecolour Reality.

by Moonlily

Hello Hello, everyone. I am back with a second poem. Before we start, I do have a few things to say. First, this poem does use quotes from Shakespeare to help elevate the meaning and I do not own or claim to own them. Secondly, this deals with loneliness and isolation in terms of social media. Lastly this is a very rough draft. Thank you for reading and  enjoy. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the world's a stage and all the men and women are merely players.

Except our stage is stained with tellecolour, far too warm and welcoming as the numbers go up.

Drowning reality in a layer of romanticism to replace hardships with fanaticism.

Pink eyes and wetted lashes splayed across a bed primed for fluid cinematography.

Nothing more than a movie, anything to flee the cycle of digital isolation and misery.

Our distress has been deemed pretty, chosen to erase the ugly truth.

Racing to stay on that goddamn stage, warmed by the spotlight like the main character on closing night.

Delivering a monologue like it was a birthright, to be or not to be rooted in this fair-to-cold reality.

Instead, finding revelry in the idea of being the artistry, filling the roles you were only meant to see on screen.

So they can dream that the world is a “plot “revolving around me, forcing one to be seen.

Yet a dream is a dream and one that only pushes that cycle of misery.

Make no main character out of me.

Lest we lose reality in fabricated scenes and tellecolour faux filmography. 

EllieMae wrote a review...

Time for a Black Cat Review!!

MEOW! Hello, friend! My name is Ellie and today I will be reviewing using my very own Black Cat Review Method! It is very similar to the incredible YWS S'more Method but I have Halloween-ified it and made it spooky! My little black cat friend, Vladimir, wants to offer his opinion on your amazing literary piece:

Mystical Witch Hat - What I See, Observe, and Interpret

Oooh, I really loved this line. I love how you portray falseness or fakeness in this poem. I also loved the following line too:

You have such an incredible vocabulary and I love how you are able to express yourself so well. Sometimes things don't make sense and feel too wordy, but you are able to use a lot of words and still make sense. I love that!

I really liked the metaphors you use in the poem- the stage and a plot. I found it very engaging, fast paced, but detailed.

Vladimir’s Advice - Suggestions for Improvement

I feel like you could separate some of your lines because they can be a bit long. Perhaps breaking them in half and adding some commas could help with the structure and appearance of the poem?

Jack O’Lanterns - My Favourite Parts and Praises

Make no main character out of me.

These lines were awesome! I love the bold statement of "make no main character out of me". Not a question or comment, but a bold declaration. So well done! I love the Shakespeare quotes so much :D

Black Cat Cuddles - Concluding Ideas and Thoughts

Overall, this was a very unique and nice poem, that I enjoyed reading.

Your friend,
Ellie

I hope you have a spook-tastical day, filled with black cat mischief!

Moonlily says...

Hey thanks for the lovely feedback I will keep it in mind and I am glad you like it as I also really enjoy your work.

archrnln wrote a review...

Far out, I love your vocabulary. I could almost see this as a rap piece - I was reading it like a rap in my head anyway. You have used the Shakespeare quotes seamlessly in this poem, I admire the skill involved. My favourite quote is

"Racing to stay on that goddamn stage, warmed by the spotlight like the main character on closing night.

Delivering a monologue like it was a birthright, to be or not to be rooted in this fair-to-cold reality."

This highlights the seemingly obsessive nature of 'getting likes' on social media platforms and how it damages self esteem and confidence. They say people will do anything for views - and as absurd as it seems, that notion is becoming a reality. In a world of art and talent, the most celebrated videos and creations are usually those of mindless humour with zero effort involved. Thank you for sharing this brilliantly crafted piece! I very much enjoyed reading.

Regards, archrnln.

Moonlily says...

Thank you for the very kind words, Am always glad when people can find something
that speaks to them in my work. I agree with the fact that in this modern age, a lot of work is just pumped out and it feels like care in art is hard to come by but I still feel there is hope yet. Overall I wanted to capture the strange isolation that comes from this connected age causing people to mimic tropes to be fulfilled even if it only aids that cycle. I guess a bit of a video essay I watched months ago stuck with me and the Shakespeare quote was the perfect hook I couldn't pass up!

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather