The Ending of Us

by Mislady101

I just want you to know that I still look for you

In crowds that I know you're not in
In places I know you won't go
In pictures you probably aren't in

I just want you to know that I still hurt
Because you weren't it for me
And because I miss the good parts of you
The parts they say I imagined
Much more than I know I should

I just want you to know that I know it was real
Because why on earth would it hurt this much if it wasn't?
Late night pains and middle of the day aches
They say just as much

But stay back!
Stay away!
It's for the best
I say

We hurt each other to much
To be good for each other

......that's why I'll never tell you, how much I still care for you

They say just as much

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:28 pm
rohan wrote a review...

Hi!
I liked the poem for its honesty and it seems it is conceived after a lot of pain which emerges out beautifully in this work.

Now for the parts I liked and those I felt could be improved.Lets start from the beginning:

The first stanza is the best part of your poem. It draws attention towards itself and presents a conflict of how you want to be with this other person and at the same time you know that you shouldn't. A struggle between heart and brain!

In the second stanza, I still hurt seems a bit off. It still hurts would've been better, or anything else that sends the same message. In the second line, instead of you weren't it for me, you weren't the one for me would've been much more impactful. In the latter lines the conflict is visible again. The age long concept of the heart wants what it wants!

The third stanza: why on earth can be replaced by why, it'll send the same message while keeping the length of otherwise long line which doesn't quite fit in. Late night pains and middle of the day aches is my favourite line here. Beautiful choice of words here. Straight in the feels.

The remaining part is fairly good, except for a typo (to instead of too).

The mood of the poem is set well and is supported by every stanza. I am not a big fan of love poems but this one is straight from the heart and not a pretentious one. So kudos for pouring your heart out on paper. Will love to read more of your work.

-Rohan

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:44 am
OreosAreLife wrote a review...

Heyo Mislady101 it's Oreos here for a review!
First off I really liked your title. It really made me want to read what you have to say and your description made me agree with you and made me even more curious as to what you wrote.

In crowds that I know you're not in
In places I know you won't go
In pictures you probably aren't in

I think these are amazing beginning lines and they had me hooked after I read them. I really think you did a marvelous job starting your poem with these. These lines are my favorite part of the poem and I can really relate to them. So thank you for that. Also I could picture a girl looking for her lost love and I could feel her feelings as she did.

Because you weren't it for me
The parts they say I imagined
Much more than I know I should

These lines I felt were good until the last one. I don;t get what you mean when you say "Much more than I know I should". The rest before it makes sense but this one line confused me a bit. Otherwise I think you did a great job with these lines.

They say just as much

I really liked these lines and they were the second best part of the poem in my opinion. I really could relate to these. And the feelings you put off are so real it's truly incredible. These I think were your strongest lines and really it pulls your whole poem together. I thank you for these lines because I feel like many people could relate to these lines.

But stay back!
Stay away!
It's for the best
I say

We hurt each other to much
To be good for each other

I like how you are saying you miss him but you have the strength to say stay away. It take extraordinary power and inner strength to be able too say that to someone you love.

They say just as much

These lines are good. I like the first one, It really sums up how you feel and why you are doing what you are doing. The last line really sums up your whole poem nicely and I like that.

Overall I think you did an extraordinary job with writing this poem and I really really liked it. I could relate to it and your flow was nice. I could really feel the feelings I thought you were putting off and your imaginary was great for me. And I saw no grammar error! They way you worded your poem was awesome and your layout for it was amazing. Exquisite job! Keep writing and I hope to read more of your work in the future! Hope this helped!

Oreos :)

Mislady101 says...

Thanks for the review! Your kind words meant so much to me, also the line, "much more then I should" is me pretty much saying that I broke up with him so I shouldn't be the one upset.

OreosAreLife says...

Oh okay I get it now thanks! And your poem again was amazing! :)

Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:26 am
Burrow wrote a review...

Wow, I loved that, and I am not really a huge fan of love storys and poems, I mean they are ok but this was more than just ok, I looked back on the review before me and I would have to agree that stanza stops the flow, but it dosent mean it was a bad stanza it is still really good, you need to be proud of what you wrote because it was great and I really enjoyed reading it :)

Burrow.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:56 am
CClesta wrote a review...

Oh my goodness, you legit made me start crying. Great. Now I'm all emotional. And I have to go somewhere soon. Thanks a lot :'D

Yeah, I feel the same--everyone seems to write about the beginning of love, and all the drama and pain and just love, in general. I don't see many things about the afterwards of love, if it ends (and ends in this way). I could really connect with this poem...It hit me in the right spot at the right time.

I don't want to criticize it...It's so perfect...

Okay, if I have to...

The second line here seems to break the flow, just because of its length--it's the longest line in the whole thing (besides the second to last line--they're tied). But it's still kinda--bulky sounding--I don't know--consider seeing if there's another way to write that.

And that's all...:'D Great work, and I hope you'll be writing more. I myself have actually written a bit on this topic, and so it was very exciting reading a work someone else did about it. Kinda scary how well it matched my feelings :'D Well, good job, and thanks!

When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann