z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Impending Doom.

by MeAnonymous




Hello everyone, I have decided to use this site as a way to vent to people my age, anonymously. Lately life has been a stress...I start my junior year of high school in a few days, and I am the least bit enthused. This summer has brought loads of anxiety into my daily life. I'll start by saying that I am the girl with the strict parents, the girl that is almost 17 and can barely stand being behind the wheel...the girl that waited seven months to get her learners license. Not only am I sheltered and afraid of most things that teen girls, or most teens in general, would be excited about...I'm very socially awkward. I am the type of girl that would choose staying home with the company of Netflix and a sack of potato chips over going on a date with a guy that I've liked for a while, not that I would be allowed to go anyway. Yeah, guys don't stick around for me long...they seem to find the whole 'texting only' thing irksome, but who wouldn't. I guess my life has been a bit different compared to my peers. Anyway, back to the anxiety thing. You know how when you look up signs of anxiety, one of the main symptoms is the feeling of impending doom? Well, yeah...when people ask me how I'm feeling, the first thing that comes to mind is "doomed"...but oh no that word never comes out. I tell them I am fine. I tell lies about my life to the people I am closest to. Is it because I'm afraid they'll judge me or think I want attention? The world may never know, my friends. You know, I can't put my finger on what caused the anxiety or the feeling of impending doom, not much about my life has changed since I felt...okay. But what I do know is that being the girl that has no freedom within her household, doesn't help. In fact, it makes things worse. I'm not exactly sure where I am going with this paragraph, and I'm not sure if this is what kind of writing is published on this site, but I hope to relate to some of you teens out there...and I hope to encourage some of you to find different methods of coping with your problems. We all have them, and this is my way of coping. :)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
276 Reviews


Points: 16802
Reviews: 276

Donate
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:48 pm
rosette wrote a review...



Hey there <3

Being a sheltered seventeen-year-old with strict parents myself, I feel as if I can relate to this, in a way. It does initiate some stress in my life, to be very honest, but writing is something that's definitely helped me. If I don't want to talk or someone doesn't want to listen, I can always resort to my journal. It will listen to me vent lol.

Just about everyone has vented or ranted on here at some point, but like Carlito said, you don't have to use up your points to do so! I usually like to write up a blog if I want to get something off my chest, though occasionally I have shared it on my wall. Really, it's up to you.

I hope you have a great day, and thoroughly enjoy this site :)

~rosette




User avatar
1162 Reviews


Points: 32055
Reviews: 1162

Donate
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 pm
View Likes
Carlito wrote a review...



Hey Anonymous! Welcome to the site, we're happy to have you! :D

Writing has always been one of my favorite ways to vent feelings and process feelings. While I'm no longer in high school, many of the things you wrote about were things I remember experiencing in high school - anxiety, I got my learners permit when I was 17, and I also never had a ton of success with boys. I will say, and I know this is super cliche (but it's true), it does get better. High school doesn't last forever. Your teenage years won't last forever. It gets better. It's awesome that you'd found something that helps you cope though as you ride the super fun waves of adolescence.

For future reference, you're always welcome to vent on YWS and you're always welcome to express your feelings, but you don't have to use your hard-earned points to do so! When you post something in the publishing center (like this piece), it's more designed to get feedback on the piece and help you improve your writing. If you're looking to start more of a conversation or connect with people, or you simply want to get something off your chest without feedback on your writing you can post in your blog, on your wall, or even start a thread in one of the forums or clubs (none of that costs points).

I hope you stick around YWS and post more! Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can do to help you around the site :D





You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle