Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Review

Book...a very good book...

by Mattie

Okay there's many but:

Gossip Girl Collection

Daughters of the Moon Collection

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Collection

and any Sarah Dessen books such as Dreamland. Awesome books...

P.S: Don't you hate when you get a series and think you have to buy them all? :)

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:38 am
berrylique wrote a review...

i love the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants :D
And to think that that was Ann Brashares' first novel.
i read a book of the gossip girl series, and i thought they were quite all right, and i will be borrowing another one.
as for the other books, i haven't read them, but i will defintely be looking for them at the libraries :D

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:42 pm
KiteRide86 says...

Gossip Girl is a sad excuse for Literature. The pants on the other hand is quite entertaining.

Agreed

Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:21 pm
Evangelina says...

Via wrote a review...

Ah, libraries are for people who like having money. I say buy them all and go in debt!!!! :D

I've tried very hard to get through a sisterhood book, as well as another well-known and well-liked book lately, and I just can't seem to do it.

KiteRide86 says...

I love the Sisterhood books, but Gossip Girl is horrible. I started reading one and I wanted to burn it. It's like the author caught a bad case of Degrassi.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:27 am
ginnyp0tter wrote a review...

loved sisterhood of the traveling pants. the author was fantastic, writing four different storylines at once and linking them all together through four girl's points of view.
i'm still rooting for Lena and Paul (Carmen's step brother)

honestly i liked the movie too. it was cute and didn't stray too far away from the book

Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:59 am
JC wrote a review...

Sarah Dessen is amazing. I read Dreamland in middle school without knowing I was reading her stuff, then I got into again earlier this year, read the rest of her stuff, and then realized that Dreamland was amazing. I was so happy I re-read all of her stuff!!!!

I saw the sisterhood of the traveling pants movie, bud didn't read the books. Now I'm thinking I just might have to! Are they as good as the movie??

As for Gossip Girl, I read like two books, then decided that it was too girly for me (not that it wasn't good, just not my thing).

And I have one Daughters of the Moon book, I think it's the first one...don't really know. It was good, but way to quick a read for me, it took me a day to read. I like more challenge than that.
=D

Foreseer wrote a review...

I LOVE the Daughters of the Moon series!! I still haven't gotten around to buying any though. :cry: But that's going to change!!

I've read one book from Sarah Dessen, Just Listen, and I got hooked on it. So she's a good writer.

Alainna wrote a review...

I've read the Sisterhood Of the Traveling Pants (1 & 2). They were really good...the first one was the best!!

I loved the first book because I related to it so much...Lena is one of the only Greek characters I have ever read about and the fact that Bailey has leukaemia makes the book really close to home for me...

I'd recommend it,
Alainna
xxxxxx

Taiven says...

From your list I've only read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants collection, which I found to be extremely good, though I didn't care too much for the movie. All my friends read Gossip Girl but I've never really gotten into it.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:07 pm
misunderstood998 wrote a review...

I've read all of Sarah Dessen's books because i read two of them and just fell in love with her writing and story plots so i read all of her books....Truth About Forever, Keeping the Moon, This Lullaby, Just Listen, Dreamland, Someone like you, and That summer! They are awesome! I like some more than others but she is my favorite author!

Trinity says...

i liked the sisterhood of the travelling pants

Kay Kay says...

I've been wanting to read Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants but I can't find it anywhere.

Sat May 21, 2005 3:20 am
Elizabeth says...

... they are making a movie about a book i was going to read. So now.. i see no point in reading it, my images are ruined and I'll pretty much know onthing about the books.

Sat May 21, 2005 3:15 am
Sam says...

Yay! I love the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!

Rei says...

The only series I read are the ones based on movies (Star Wars) and TV shows I like (currently Smallville, formerly Buffy and Angel)

Thu May 19, 2005 9:52 pm
Areida says...

I love the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants...I'm going to read the third one as soon as my finals are over...:mrgreen:

Thu May 19, 2005 9:51 pm
Rei says...

Naw, you just go to the library.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy