z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

My Feet Stink

by MargoSeuss


I am haunted each day by the smell,
Of perspiring pods, that below me, do dwell.
They exude such a stench,
and, good lord, I can't quench,
Those malodorous monsters from hell!

My socks turn to liquid; my shoes melt away.
My friends have seizures; my carpets, they fray.
My podiatrist died,
and I almost cried,
But I think I like him better this way.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
102 Reviews


Points: 196
Reviews: 102

Donate
Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:17 pm
TheShauzer says...



Brilliant :')




User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 5016
Reviews: 163

Donate
Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:34 am
Mysticalxx wrote a review...



HAHA! It's hilarious! But, just curious, what is a podiatrist?


My fav. line is " My friends have seizures; my carpets, they fray". It just seems really funny to me............:p

And the last line....aw, that's cruel! (but funny)

Overall, good usage of vocabulary and expressions! I really love limericks. Another humourous form of poetry is an epigram, though it's a bit tricky to write.

Keep up the good work!

Mysticalxx




MargoSeuss says...


A podiatrist is a foot doctor. Glad you liked the poem. I might have to give this epigram thing a try.



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 471
Reviews: 5

Donate
Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:48 pm
FullMetalDragon says...



Hello!!! OK so this poem is hilarious!! I couldn't help but laugh. :D




User avatar
530 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 530

Donate
Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:02 am
Renard wrote a review...



Ha ha!
Try foot deodorant. LOL.

This is just another really funny poem that i can't really criticise.
This is my favourite part:

My podiatrist died,
and I almost cried,


Lulz. It seems a bit hyperbolic, but that's what makes a piece like this work. Also, the fact it's in poetry form is the best thing about it.

Perfect choice.

:D




MargoSeuss says...


Yes. I find inspiration in the strangest forms. Again, thank-you for your review, Renard.



User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 269
Reviews: 42

Donate
Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:55 am
horrendous wrote a review...



this poem made me smile, and here's why. my brother and i joke about his feet all the time because they seem to destroy footwear, and reading this poem i was thinking of him from start to finish.

the humor is sort of childish, but i like it that way. the way you describe how awful your feet are is like you're describing a battle taking place. stuff's melting, people are dying and crying, all because of feet. i think the exaggeration really sells this poem.

i enjoyed the read.




MargoSeuss says...


Haha!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Melodrama is sort of my thing! Hail hyperboles!



User avatar
159 Reviews


Points: 7867
Reviews: 159

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:17 pm
GreenLight24 says...



Hahahaha. This is really funny. Good stuff. :)




User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 117
Reviews: 9

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:28 am
AddictedtoDelusion wrote a review...



Hey :) this won't be a huge review, because I actually love this poem.
The sense of humour is ridiculous and childish in the best way possible and the poem as a whole is kind of adorable, if not a little gross.
My favourite part is the fact that its so over dramatic.
"My friends have seizures; my carpets, they fray."
I have the same problem, haha, and you captured it hilariously.
Your vocabulary is beautifully created for a poem about feet.
Keep writing xx




Corncob says...


"Your vocabulary is beautifully created for a poem about feet" Great way to put it! took the feeling right out of my heart



User avatar
363 Reviews


Points: 28237
Reviews: 363

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:02 am
DreamWork wrote a review...



Hi there, just a quick review on your poem :)
Firstly, I love how you came up with the idea. Even reading them is enough to spark the sense of humor in the poem. I like the end rhyme and I absolutely love the first stanza. Just one thing that makes me a bit unsatisfied is I'd expect more from the title. But then, it just simply tell the reader the 'description and feelings' of the writer about her stinky feet instead of bringing something uniqueness value through the good idea.

My podiatrist died,
and I almost cried,
But I think I like him better this way.

Perfect rhymes here and the last line is an original joke from you. Overall, I enjoyed reading your poem. Keep writing and good luck!
*Welcome to YWS* :D




MargoSeuss says...


Thanks for the review! Gosh darn, I thought I was being unique by writing about stinky feet..guess I have to take things up a notch. This poem is sort of meant to appeal to a younger audience (so no deep stuff)! I've already edited this poem a few times so I'm quite happy with it. That being said, I believe firmly in the idea that a good work is never finished so if you have any ideas on how I can make this better do tell!



User avatar
232 Reviews


Points: 5846
Reviews: 232

Donate
Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:28 pm
WillowPaw1 wrote a review...



Hi, MargoSuess, and welcomeeeeee to YWS! *throws confetti* Ahem.

Wow, I seriously loved this. The randomness and humor was amazing. I liked how you stinky feet just so happened to inspire you to write a poem. And it ends up being funny (what poem about stinky feet wouldn't?)

The major thing I want to gush about is your beautiful vocabulary. :D I've never had great vocabulary (even for my age) and this, gosh, just makes me jealous even though you're way older than me.

My friends have seizures; my carpets, they fray.


This is probably my favorite line. :D I really like the use of the semi colon, and it really doesn't disturb the flow, in fact the flow is great.

I really don't have much criticism to offer to you because this work was amazing! It was very humorous and I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks for writing this. The read was well worth it. ;)

WillowPaw1~




MargoSeuss says...


Gee, thanks! Feel free to check out my story "Five Hundred Pound Catastrophe" as well. One of my purposes for writing is to make people laugh. Haha! I've never considered my vocabulary as being well developed! I think it just comes as you age. But thanks! I'll be sure to review some of your works.



WillowPaw1 says...


Thank you! :) And sure, I'll check it out !



MargoSeuss says...


Hope you enjoy it! It's a fairly lengthy read...but I think it's pretty funny. Let me know!



WillowPaw1 says...


Yep - I just finished. After I ate icecream. xD




When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson