z

Young Writers Society



Phantom ch. 1+ intro

by Maki-Chan


Phantom

by:Maki-chan

Into

My life was never really bad to begin with. My parents cared, I did well in school and I had lots of friends.

I was very happy and I never had a care in the world. But when I turned 15 my life changed.

My mother and father fought constantly and a divorce was inevitable. So when it did finally happened I moved to New York with my mom. I left behind my house, friends, school and most of all my dad. I was all alone and my mom didn't care. She said she'd take care of me, but instead she's just a druggy. I'd call my dad if I could but my mom says she can't live without me that she'll die, but i know all she needs me for is paying bills, and taking care of everything for her so she can stay in her own little world. My mom prevents me from seeing or even calling my dad. She never told him where we moved, our address, or even our phone number, and my mom never told me my dad's phone number, his address or where he lives when he moved. I ran away so many times but my mom always found me. Why won't she leave me alone?

You probably think my sanctuary is at my school, but you're wrong. The truth is that at my high school is hell on earth. I am called loser, freak, dork, and ugly. The weird thing was that at my old school I was very popular and all of the guys that where strait wanted to date me or even just talk to me. They always called me pretty, cute, hot and that sort of stuff. I guess the guys in New York City don't like non plastic girls with fake tans and breast implants. Weird huh?

Well I guess school isn't too bad. I do have a few friends. Like Frank, Lola, M.J, and Peter. They are really cool and really nice. Frank is well a little 'weird', he's a negative guy from Idaho. He's very interesting and he always seems to have a story. Lola is an awsome person to hang out with. She's my favorite person to be with. I spend most of my time with her. Her house is like my second home besides the one I first started with. She's a little bit of a girly girl but she seems to understand me the most. M.J...well she's just plain nice. She's really funny and she knows how to have a good time. Finally Peter, or Pete. He's really nice and sweet, but he's very strange. He's smart and wants to come to school but he's always late and he ditches school. I guess those aren't to strange for New Yorkers but when ever I'm hanging out with him and something bad happens, like a robbery, he disappears. Sometimes he'd come back and sometimes not. I don't know why but I think maybe he's somehow connected to Spider-man. I mean I never faced Spider-man face to face but I saw him swing away when he helped save a person or stopped a robbery. He must be really lucky to be able to swing through the city so easily to go where ever he pleases, like the birds that constantly fly in the city.

Maybe Peter goes to take spider-man pictures for the Daily Bugle since he works there, I don't know... But he is some how connected. I asked him once but he said it was either just a coincedence or that he wanted to see something exciting. I didn't believe him, trust me you know when he's lying real easily. Oh well I tend to loose interest very easily. And besides I don't put my nose into other people's business.

Anyways as the days went by in my life in NYC I got used to it. Everything soon became normal and plain. Well till the day I finally did meet Spider-man and the terrible thing that happened.

Chapter 1 A late day

"Honey! Hurry up or you're going to be late!" My mom yelled.

I just sighed as I quickly grabbed my backpack. I walked into the living room to see my mom grabbing her purse." Honey, you don't mind if I don't give you a ride?" She asked.

I knew there was no point in asking her why. I knew exactly where she was going." But why mom?" I asked.

Mom just patted me on the shoulder, she gave me a sorry excuse for a smile." Honey I would love to but I have uhh a job interview all the way across the city ans I can't afford to be late." She finished.

She walked towards the door." Sure... don't want to be late getting high do ya." I whispered.

My words words were like little knifes trying to cut my mom but she didn't seemed effected. She turned around to face me." What was that you just said. I didn't hear you?" She questioned me.

I forced a smile to crack out of my tightly closed lips." Ohh nothing. I was just wondering where the subway pass was." I said in a disgustedly happy voice.

" Ohh its on the table...ummm over there." She told me.

She pointed her bony perfectly manicured finger towards the coffee table by the couch. I nodded." Alright. Is there anything else?" She asked.

" No mom." I said oh so too sweetly.

She nodded and exited the apartment room. I motioned towards the couch, then I fell on its comfy pillows. I moved my head to look at the clock over the TV." WHAT!!! 7:48 am!" I yelled.

I began to punch one of the couch pillows." She woke me up too late! I'll never make it to school in time..." I moaned.

I quickly rose from the pillow covered couch. I raced over to the key rack and grabbed a house key, then I made my way over to the subway pass. I shoved them both in my backpack. I ran towards the door and whacked my toe against one of the coffee table legs." OWOWOW! Frick!" I screamed in pain.

I grabbed my pair of tennis shoes under the coffee table even though my toe still hurt, quickly I slipped my feet into the shoes and tied them. I reached towards the door and opened it. I lock the door and when I was out of the apartment I slammed it shut making sure it was lock. With all of my might, I made a dash towards the stairs.

I am only on the 4the floor and there was a subway entrance near the building, so I wasn't too worried. As I rushed down the stairs I could hear the shouts, car horns and lots of people talking. I pushed opened the doors to a vast raging river of people, lots of people. I ran into the river of people. The smell of gasoline and smoke was all that I could smell. Trash and waste covered the streets and side walks. I could feel myself step on rappers and plastic bags. I pushed and shoved my way past people to the subway entrance." AHHH!" A man screamed.

I could hear shouts and yells in front of me. There was some sort of fight near me. Just then I saw a human figure in a red and blue tight costume wearing a mask jump into the air. A rope flew from his hand as he swung away from the seen." Just some help from your neighborhood SPIDER-MAN!" He yelled as he faded away into the distance.

" Wow...That was just Spider-man saving someone..." I whispered in shock.

I forced myself to move for ward towards the subway entrance. When I made it to where Spider-man had just fought there was a big man in a ski mask on the ground unconscious surrounded by people. I could hear police sirens near by." Better hurry." I thought.

I rushed past the seen to the subway entrance stairs. I followed them to a large room. The area I was in was separated from the others by metal bars. I walked over to a ticket taker so I could get in. I slipped my ticket in and pushed the bar. As soon as I entered, I heard my train be called. So I ran towards the metal train doors to ride to school. I barely made it in but I did. The train wasn't very full of people, most don't come from te city to Gueens. The train car I was in was mildly clean and it did have working air conditioner. I looked around to see an empty seat by the door. I walked over to see it wasn't covered in gum, or anything littery. I sat down and relaxed my body. The cool sensation of the air conditioner brushed against my red cheeks. I breathed in the cool air into my lungs and chilling my body, so I zipped up my jacket. I waited for about 5 minuets and after a few stops I made it to Queens. I listened as the train made screeching noise as it slowed down and eventually stop." All passangers exsit the train for Queens." A voice on the loud speaker said.

I rose to exsit the train, only to be pushed by another passenger. A large man that seemed to be in a rush." Hey! Buddy look where you're going!" I yelled.

He just kept rushing along and completely ignoring me." What's his problem?" I moaned in an annoyed voice.

I picked myself up as I rushed out of the train. I hurried along the pathway to the stairs and back into the oustide air. I looked around until I spotted my high school.

I could barely see the words that said the schools name." Midtown High School". I hastily made my way in the direction of the school." I think I'm going to make it..." I thought.

But just as I got on the other side ot the road. WHACK! Something ran into me and I fell to the ground." Owwww...." I moaned as I rubbed my sore head.

" oww.... Oh sorry Lizzy. My bad, let me help you up." A male voice appoligized to me.

I looked up to see a hand. It was Peter's. No wander I ran into him. He's always barely at school on time." Thank's alot for that great hello." I sarcastickly told him.

I had a big grin on may face." Hahaha... That's real funny. Just take my hand if your so thankful." He forced out.

I giggled and took his hand. We both pulled and before I knew it I was on my feet." There, no damage done." He said.

I rubbed my back." I'm not sure. I think I might have broken my spine." I said weakly.

He padded me on the shoulder." I think you'll live." He said in a big smile.

Just then the school bell rings. We both looked at the school. I sighed." Oh great, thanks mom."


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 318 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
287 Reviews


Points: 1650
Reviews: 287

Donate
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:25 am
Maki-Chan says...



Thank you! I could not spell that really big c word! Thanks! SO! MUCH!!!
ohh yah well thanks for the wonderful oopsies pointers! Much apreasheated...can't spell...at all.... :shock:




User avatar
602 Reviews


Points: 1609
Reviews: 602

Donate
Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:10 am
Wolf wrote a review...



My life was never really bad to begin with. My parents cared, i did well in school and I had lots of friends.
I was very happy and I never had a care in the world. But when i turned 15 my life changed.


Umm...you really should capitalize your 'i''s (ex: My parents called, I did well in school and I had lots of friends.

My mother and father fought constantly and a divorce was inedible.

Inedible? lol, that means you can't eat it! Did you mean to say 'inevitable'?

The weird thing was that at my old school I was very popular and all of the guys that where strait wanted to date me or even just talk to me.

I think 'strait' is spelled 'straight' but I'm not sure...not when it means, well, in the sense that you used it. :wink:

Frank is well a little weird, he's a negative guy from Idaho.

I think you should put a semi-colon after 'weird'.

I asked him once but he said it was either just a cawisondence or that he wanted to see something exciting.

Cawisondence? Did you mean to say 'Coincedence'?

I didn't believe him, trust me you know when he's lying real easily. Oh well I tend to loose interest very easily. And besides I don't put my nose into other people's business.

-I'm going to continue this critique tomorrow...sorry but my brother wants to use the computer, so I have to get off :(-





Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound