Alaskan Game Show Network

by MadHatter

In my rusty old van I slowly pull up to Be-Bop's house. It's was small, like most houses in Caliburogh. In fact in most ways its was just like every house on the street, well, the outside that is. Be-Bop isn't the...shall we say...the coolest person alive. He is very much the hippee nerd trekkie. He thinks aliens are going to invade thus the large "space" cannon in the backyard. His room is a bunker filled with guns and posters of Captain Kirk. Most people don't like him, but I tolerate him.

I beep the horn. "Come on Bop! We're going to be late!"

"Be right out!" I hear him scream. Oh god. Be-Bop rushes outside, his faithful chip bag in hand. He smiles as he tears into the bag, shoving the greasy chips into his face, a waterfall of crums cascading down his shirt on the sidewalk.

"Do you have to eat that all the time?" I ask as rudely as I could possibly ask.

"Yes." I sigh."Bop, your hopeless."

"That I am. But when the aliens come, I'll be fat enough to live for days without food." I sigh again and motion for him to get in. He grunts as he tries, his stubby legs not able to reach high enough.

"Need a hand?" He nods and I help him in. "You can eat them, just try not to get them all over the floor." I start the car back up and pull out on to the road. To the Caliburogh Movie Theater we go.

"Hey, do how'd you like the new monster movie?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Well, it was good the first time I saw it, but after seeing it over ten times now, it gets old. In fact, I've actually started analyzing it. Scary I know." Be-Bop gives me the strangest look I've ever seen.

"You really scare me you know that? And you, analyze movies? You can barely think straight enough to do 2+2, how do you expect me to think you can analyze movies?"

"Movies are my thing man." I chuckle and turn on the radio. I slowly turn the dial to my favorite radio station, "Sunny Raines Blues". Be-Bop turns it off.

"No man. That's how the aliens get inside your head." It's too much this time. I crack up laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You. Your so strange. Well we're here."

MadHatter says...

Well, no. But the story has barley started. I can give you a little sneak peek in what's to come. The rest of the book is going to involve the Alaskan Gameshow Network, a kidnapping, herring, a girl, and maybe a bank robbery.

GryphonFledgling wrote a review...

Hehe. Be Bop is the kind of person I would hang out with because I felt sorry for him.

You seem to have confusion about the difference between 'your' and 'you're.'

"You're (you are) going to clean up this mess."

"It's your fault!"

See the difference?

"crums" = "crumbs"

This was interesting characterization. Is this going to be made longer? It seems a pity that it is so short as it is...

~GryphonFledgling

The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature.
— Henry Winchester