A Quiet Gentle Spirit

by M.B.Author

This was a school report on a virtue. And I did it last year. Enjoy!

___________________

A gentle quiet spirit is a great virtue. It is a value that all women should strive for. “Let her be filled with incorruptible beauty of a quiet gentle spirit, for it is very precious in the Lords eyes.” {1 Peter 3:4}. The Lord does not mention women very often in the Bible, so when he does it must be taken with much notice.

I’m a sinner; everyone is a sinner, and one of my worst sins is being loud and obnoxious. I have grown into a habit of being the exact opposite of a quiet gentle spirit. I have tried to face this problem alone, which I miserably failed in attempt. The problem will not just disappear with some wishful thinking and some pitiful tries to do it myself. I have now found the only solution, God. It is the only way. So far I have found it very rewarding.

The Lord has asked the women of the world to obey his commands. Because of bad habits I have grown accustomed to the exact opposite. It will take prayer and trust for me to win this fight. But in the end I know it is a fight worth fighting.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:10 am
xhalcyonx128 wrote a review...

It would probably go in nonfiction, or your blog.

Literary-wise: This sounds like an entry from a devotional journal. There is alot of supposition and pushing religion. It isn't neccessarily bad, but it is really only a testimonial.

On a personal note, I'm going to save you a feminist rant and sum this up quickly: God does not condem outspoken women. True, a "gentle spirit" is helpful. It helps keep the peace, but it is not subjective to gender. If men and women alike had an equally 'gentle' outlook then many problems we have could have been avoided. Unfortunately, this doesn't always happen. But that does not mean that outspoken women are frowned upon in God's eyes. (Yes that is summing it up. I could go on for hours.)

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 am
Loose says...

This was nice, even though it did press religion a little.

I don't know how to crit it properly, because I don't know what it is and so I have nothing to compare it to.

Kudos, I suppose.

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke