z

Young Writers Society



Unknown

by Lucky_Duck


You loved me
when my brain
thought I hated you
Although, my heart,
often ignored,
loved you
But then you
decided you hated
me back
You left me
with a heart
torn in two
Now I realize
that I have always
loved you


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
187 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 187

Donate
Sun May 20, 2007 8:22 pm
M.B.Author says...



It was good. But the title, is it suppossed to be "Unknown"? Or did you not have a title for it? Oh, well! Keep up the good work!

-- M.B.Author




User avatar
117 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 117

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 10:52 pm
oregongirl wrote a review...



Hey LD! :) I've always loved reading your poems! This one was good too! I like how you describe things and how you take a verb or something and make the poem out of it! :D now that's a talent! Great Job! looking forward to more!

:elephant:




User avatar
316 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 316

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 9:42 pm
whence wrote a review...



Euclid's convered content, so I'll focus on format.

This seems rather broken-up. One word lines are like potent spices; they can pack a puch but should be used in short-supply.

Regarding the rest-- Your opening line should draw in more, and your punctuation seems to be distributed liberally and incorrectly.

But yes, continue reading, and it'll help your writing. :)

~Ed




User avatar
91 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 91

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 8:34 pm
something euclidean wrote a review...



size doesn't matter, it's how you use it.
Dumb jokes aside: small poetry can be very nice, but it has to be condensed. You need to pack a lot into small poetry for it to work - which doesn't mean that it must be general/vague/abstract, but that every word must count. (Even though that's the case for all poetry, it matters more the shorter you go -- if your poem only has twenty or thirty words, wasting one can have a big impact)

This is very abstract. When writing about abstract things like hate and love [which are very different for every person, so in of themselves "hate" and "love" are words with little descriptive power] it should be done in terms of the concrete. Metaphor + imagery are incredibly important.

Read a lot of poems. Look how even the most abstract, emotional subjects are dealt with in terms of comparisons or concrete things - things that can be seen, heard, tasted, touched, smelled etc.




User avatar
82 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 82

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 12:06 am
theron guard wrote a review...



No replies, thats no fun. I'll change that for you. :lol:

It was good. I liked the description, but the size was a little to small. other than that, I enjoyed it.





"The rules of capitalization are so unfair to the words in the middle of a sentence."
— John Green, Paper Towns