z

Young Writers Society



What I've Become

by Lucifer


Hi I'm new to this site.

Anyway here's my story:

What I've Become

The handle of the knife feels good in my hand as I creep silently along the hallway. I will make her pay. Hate fills every fiber of me. The years of repressed rage at her injustice have carved me into something inhuman. I hate every bit of her stinking Christian body. I imagine what it will feel like to kill her. What it will feel like to sink my blade into her yielding flesh. Cutting open her chest and shoving my hand in to squeeze her beating heart between my fingers. Slicing open her belly, ripping out handfuls of intestines. Fucking her with my knife; shoving the steel blade between the soft folds of her cunt. I shiver with anticipation.

She’ll wish she had never tried to impose her pathetic control over me. Forcing me to go to church every Sunday. Making me sit through the pastor’s two hour sermons on our “friend” in heaven. I never believed any of that shit. Where was my “friend” when I was strapped for listening to a secular radio station, when I was strapped by a complete stranger for running in church. Where was my “friend” when—

With a shake of my head, I return to the present.

I’m almost at her door. I hear the sounds of her breathing. I’m so nervous I’m shaking. I sink the knife into the palm of my hand. Blood spurts. The pain eases my nervousness. I lick my hand clean.

I open the door to my mother’s room. I quietly move over to her bed. This is it. I hesitate for a moment, then twist my fingers into her thick hair, wrenching her head back, exposing her neck. Her eyes open, she looks at me, uncomprehensive at first. Then as realization hits, fear fills her eyes. I bring the blade of the knife down on her neck. It doesn’t penetrate. I push harder. It’s blunt. My mother is struggling now. Frustrated, I reverse my grip on the knife and stab down again, this time using the point.

It slides in with sickening ease, prompting a fountain of blood to spurt. I lower my lips to the wound, sucking my mother’s hot blood into my mouth. The bitch is struggling harder now. Finally she gets an angle and drives a hard elbow into my balls. Gasping in pain, I stagger back into the wall, sliding down it. My mother struggles to her feet, stumbling toward the dresser where she keeps a gun. My mind goes numb. I lunge for her.

I’m knocked back by the force of three bullets that slam into my chest. My eyes are dimming. I see red matter on my hand, I realize it’s my blood. I slump to the ground with life ebbing out of me. Just before my vision goes dark I see my mother collapse on the floor.

I’m taking her with me.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
447 Reviews


Points: 2340
Reviews: 447

Donate
Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:48 am
Duskglimmer says...



Um... *looks for the smilie she made once that said "this was sick and twisted"* *stops as she realizes that the author probably knows that already and how unhelpful that comment would be*

um... right...




User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 37

Donate
Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:50 am
Tazy says...



I dont know what to say other than um interesting




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3491
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:25 am
Snoink wrote a review...



Mia wrote:So.........this guy went absolutely mental all because his mother made him go to church?


Hehe, it would be funny if he did. XD

Kind of creepy but... not really. Like Mia said, it's a mite unrealistic. And he never does what he imagines. I was wondering how his mom would respond to that... XD




User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 34

Donate
Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:22 am
concertchick16 says...



i dont like that part either
because it makes him seem as if he wants to have sexual illusions with his mother
that distracts from the story and doesn't even fit.

i love the ending though
proves how messed up he really is




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:44 pm
Lucifer says...



It never actually happens though. It's just something that the character would like to do to her. Also I never add stuff just because.




User avatar
506 Reviews


Points: 9907
Reviews: 506

Donate
Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:54 pm
Sureal wrote a review...



I'm not sure I like the whole raping her cunt with a knife part - not because it's violent/explicit, but because I have a certain distaste for adding sex into a story just because, especially when sex doesn't really fit the mood of the story (Steven King does this so many times... it annoys the hell outta me).

Other than that though, this is good (if a touch on the short side) :).




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:06 pm
Lucifer says...



What's with the dancing elephant?




User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 131

Donate
Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:59 am
Crayon wrote a review...



Wow....thats all i can say...I'm in the middle of a class and my teachers watching what i'm reading so i kinda had to run through it pretty quick buts still it sounds great as is...... :elephant: :D




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:52 pm
Lucifer says...



Bump yet again.




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:15 pm
Lucifer says...



I'm going to move this up.




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:38 pm
Lucifer says...



I'll fix that thanks.




User avatar
657 Reviews


Points: 6523
Reviews: 657

Donate
Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:37 pm
Jennafina says...



I'm BACK!!!

Here's my edit of your edit..

I see dark red matter on my hand, I realize it’s my blood. I slump to the ground with life ebbing out of me. Just before my vision goes dark I see my mother collapse on the floor.

Now you said dark twice!!




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 1

Donate
Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:16 pm
Mia says...



So.........this guy went absolutely mental all because his mother made him go to church?




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:39 am
Lucifer says...



I'm not sure what you mean by saying "control and respect".

I didn't just put the words there to have them. I use language like salt. I felt using those words would give the most impact.




User avatar
127 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 127

Donate
Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:42 am
Rincewind wrote a review...



Umm. Pretty graphic. Good enough, but easy with the fucking her with the knife and slicing the folds of her cunt stuff dude.
I think if you are gonna swear that explicitely. (you cant get any worse than the words you used) than you should use it with a little more control and respect. It seemed you just wanted to type the words and the same visual effect and emotional effect could have come from sinking the blade deep in the belly and stuff.

After the excessive swearing the story gets really well described, but I agree with the above statement that besides being a gory bloodfest, it doesnt speak volumes about teenage angst.




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:53 am
Lucifer says...



It's a story about revenge basically. I'll try and break up the struggle more.

jenna: Cunt is a nasty word for vagina.




User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 93

Donate
Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:45 am
Ieatworms wrote a review...



Wow... I've seen so many of this kind of story, going to a Catholic school. You win. Yours made me cringe the most. Especially raping your mom with the knife. Wouldn't Freud love to get his hands on you!

You used your sentence structure to good effect. You choppy sentences worked especially well for expressing thought.

The struggle was a bit confusing. I think simply breaking it into fewer, smaller paragraphs would help. White space gives the reader's brain time to register the words that preceded it. If you run words together, the reader will rush through (like I did.)

Very striking and creepy, but, what was your intent? If it was to make your reader squirm, great job. If you wanted to say something more, you lost me.




User avatar
657 Reviews


Points: 6523
Reviews: 657

Donate
Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:34 pm
Jennafina wrote a review...



WOah graphic...

It certainly earned its rating.

One or two things.

1. Whats a cunt? *blushes*

2.
I slump to the floor with life ebbing out of me. Just before my vision goes dark I see my mother collapse on the floor.

You said floor twice. Try ground?

Thats all, great halloween scary story!




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:01 pm
Lucifer says...



"trage"? Do you mean "rage"?

I think there's plenty of rage in it.




User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 17

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:48 pm
Madhatter66 says...



Spooky story but no feeling of rage that this guy felt




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:41 pm
Lucifer says...



Wow that was a fast response. Thank you.




User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 32

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:40 pm
Quiz says...



Yes, I believe it would. Perhpas something along the lines of "struggling to her feet, she stumbles...." or something to that extent?

Thank you for the consideration.

--Q




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 30

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:36 pm
Lucifer says...



I didn't even think of all that Quiz. I'll prolly change it to chest instead of head. I don't want to make her miss any shots because it would break up the pace.

You said she moves to quickly. Would "stumbling toward the dresser where she keeps a gun" help?

Thanks for your time.




User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 32

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:43 pm
Quiz wrote a review...



All was wonderfully narrated until his mother pulled the gun.

She moved much too quickly and efficiently for being stabbed in the neck. Also, three shots direct shots to the head, even at close range, would require great concentration and great reflexes. The mother had neither of these.

Furthermore, in the highly unlikely even that themother managed to hit him three times in the head, he would be a corpse before his body even started to crumple to the floor. His dying thought would be something like pOh shit she's got a gun. Once he took the first bullet, he'd be dead. Especially if she shot him in the front of the head, where the frontal lobe is located. That's the "I see you" part of the brain. He wouldn't see anything, and in all likelyhood, would have no thought after being shot.

I'd change the mother's movements to clumsy, maybe make her miss a shot, then shoot him in the chest or the shoulder, anything center mass. The head is much too tough a target to be able to his while bleeding out from a knife wound to the neck.

Everything else was well written and thoroughly creepy, thanks.

Just some friendly advice.

--Q




User avatar
683 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 683

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:45 pm
Emma wrote a review...



Whoa, I love this story. It really gripped me. The story is perfect for this time. (with Halloween coming up and everything.) There are just a few problems. But that can be sorted out. I ain't good at criticism but I'll try.

uncomprehensive at first.

Is that meant to be incomprehensive?

Anyway, I love it.




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 1049
Reviews: 52

Donate
Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:51 am
bluecows wrote a review...



whoah, man thats kinda scary.

I like the discription in the first part,

Lucifer wrote: Hate fills every fiber of me. The years of repressed rage at her injustice have carved me into something inhuman.

the word carved is the perfect word for that.

Lucifer wrote: I slump to the floor with life ebbing out of me. Just before my vision goes dark I see my mother collapse on the floor... I’m taking her with me.

This part shows just how psyco the guy in your story is, i mean his mother just shot him three times in the head and all he can say is that he's glad he's taking her with him.

anyway, i loved it, can't wait to read more of your stuff and welcome to the site! i hope you enjoy it.


have a nice day
bluecows :wink:





I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg