z

Young Writers Society


16+

It's not who you have to be

by Lucian


Warning: This work has been rated 16+.

The scars that adorn my body aren’t me, they don’t define you, some of those scars are on the inside some of them haven’t closed and are still bleeding their pain

All day most everyday, just a little nudge reminds you that the pain is still there, and the only way to help it is to stop what’s causing the pain. It may not be easy, it seldom is, cause things worth that much are often hard to get back or find again.

The time that people spend hiding what they should share is immense, at the very moment you read this someone stopped themselves from leaving, and 2 others did leave.

They left because they either would speak or others couldn’t listen, people forgot me. Those people are none the wiser as to what could have happened. They likely will never know how close I was, but I found something. Not a purpose for that I’m still searching, but a promise and friend.

Most would stop reading here thinking I had already finished saying what was important. But no, that friend that I mentioned was someone greater who cares, sometimes it doesn’t feel like he’s listening but he is. Any time you speak to him, he’ll respond, you just might not hear it right away. Someday though your clogged ears will be opened and you will hear a whisper that may someday grow into a shout.

That day will be the one where you find the fullness of that friend. If you listen they will never lead you astray, the only thing they will lead you to, is a better place. But that place will come in time for the entrance is in that friend's hands.

So for all those who live adorned with scars, inside and out, the ones marked physically and mentally, those stuck with addiction and fear and sadness and the feeling of being lost. For those people, there is a friend who will help and listen, one who doesn’t care how you look. They will always be there for you. That friend is God. He listens and helps, no problem is too small or too big, and everything can be brought to him without fear.

So find him, search for him, because he is looking for you too. He is not going to stop trying to help even if it’s just listening. There is nothing anyone can do that God cannot forgive, he loves everyone. So you should try talking with him for a little while and see how it feels to have a friend who cares for you like no other. Good luck and don’t give up quite yet, go and talk with someone who will listen.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments




it's ok, death by laughter was always how i've wanted to go out
— Carina