z

Young Writers Society



She's a Fairytale

by Linx


“Come on, you silly goose.” Amalia giggled as she stood in front of the barn, rocking back and forth. Her hair bounced as she jumped up and down impatiently. “We don’t have all day, you know.”

“Are you sure it’s safe?” I looked up curiously at the huge old building, intimidated by its enormous size. The wind blew softly as leaves fell around the barn, giving a perfect image of an early fall day.

“Of course it is!” Amalia exclaimed. “Now, are you coming or not?”

I sighed and remembered why I was here in the first place. Her pretty eyes were as blue as the robin egg that I found yesterday while playing. Her hair, the same color as the honey her mother fixed for us whenever we went to her house. She was my image of perfect.

“Fine.” I bit my lip and started towards her.

“Yay!” She ran and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. Her hand was so soft.

We walked into the barn and Amalia closed the door behind us. The sun was shining in through the cracks in the roof, giving us a little light to see. Bales of hay were stacked all around us on wooden planks. The whole area gave off a creepy aura, and I was tempted to run back out of there.

“Isn’t it magical?” she gushed, squeezing my hand. My cheeks turned red as I twisted away from her, nodding. “It’s, like, so mysterious and strange, but pretty, in a way. Like a fairytale!”

“A fairytale?” I raised an eyebrow at her. Her face was soft and dreamlike, like she was in a completely different world.

“Of course!” Her face went back to normal. She let go of my hand and ran to one of the bales and climbed up on it. When she got to the top, she stood up. “Like Cinderella! Her fairy godmother came and made her beautiful and magically changed rats into people, and…”

“You think there are rats in here?” I asked, interrupting her. I was really scared of rats ever since my brother was bitten by one and become deathly sick.

She sighed and put her hands on her hips, staring at me. “It’s a barn, silly. Even if there were any rats, they wouldn’t bother you. Now come on and climb up here with me.”

I edged my way to the bale of hay, looking around to make sure I didn’t see any rats. When I finally climbed up to Amalia, she grabbed my hand again and sat down, pulling me with her.

“I really like fairytales,” she sighed and rested her head on my shoulder. The light shined just right so it landed directly onto her hair, giving it a sparkly rich color.

“I guess I do too,” I replied to her, staring at our intertwined hands.

“Really, Richard?” I cringed as she said my real name like she always does. Everyone else calls me Rick, but she insists on calling me Richard. To be different. “They always have happy endings. Don’t you wish life could be that way, too?” she asked me.

“Definitely,” I replied, staring into her eyes. “Everything could work out perfectly.”

“Yeah.” Amalia put her head back on my shoulder, hiding her pretty face. My heart started to ache as I longed for her to be mine, even though I knew it wouldn’t work. She was going to be moving soon; her father got a job in another country and the whole family was going.

“I…” I started to say, but stopped and bit my lip.

“What?” she looked back up into my eyes, making my heart start to pound again. She seemed so pretty, so mysterious. Strange, yet beautiful. Kind of like this barn.

Kind of like a fairytale.

“I am going to miss you when you leave,” I said softly, my eyes looking down at my bare feet. Heavy silence filled the barn as I started to grow anxious. Does she not like me saying that? Does she not like me at all? Does she think I was a wimp?

“Oh Richard…” I looked up and saw her blue eyes filling up with tears. My mouth dropped open as a single tear escaped down her rosy cheeks. Before I saw it coming, she tackled me in a hug. I fell back onto the hay as she lay on top of me, clinging to my body. A stray piece of hay kept poking my neck.

“I’m going to miss you too,” she whispered, sobbing into my ear. I gently put my arms around her tiny waist, and bit my lip. “I don’t want to leave.”

After a couple of minutes, she finally stood up, wiping her tears with the sleeve of her dress. I stood up next to her, suddenly aware how far we were from the ground. If she kept swaying back and forth, she might fall down and…

I bit my lip again and said, “Why don’t you step away from the edge, Amalia.” I guided her away from the dangerous fall. She said nothing and looked down.

Does she think I’m crazy? She just said she'll miss me too, but does she really mean it? Is she just saying that to be nice?

As I went through all my anxieties in my head, out of nowhere, she grabbed both of my hands. I looked up just in time to see her come closer and kiss me softly. We stood there for ten seconds exactly, kissing. It was an image I had always dreamed of, just not on top of a barn.

When she finally broke away, she said gently, “I-I-I’m sorry, Richard. I have to go.” I nodded.

“You’ll come visit, right?” I asked in a rushed voice as she started to turn around. I couldn’t bear to not ever see her again. It would hurt too much.

“I don’t know.” She turned back around and hugged me tightly. “Goodbye, Richard.”

“Goodbye, Amalia.”

She climbed down the hay and ran out the barn door; ran out of my life. I sat back down and fingered my now bleeding lip, thanks to biting it so much. I started playing with a piece of hay as I dreamed of my fairytale.

*

It’s been ten long years, and I haven’t seen Amalia since that day at the barn. I still go to the barn though. The cracks have become bigger and the hay now stinks.

But it’s still her fairytale.

And I’m still in love with a fairytale too.

Amalia.

~~~~

Please give any comments, any anything pretty much. How you liked it, how it could improve. The grammar mistakes too, please.

*Lin :D


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
73 Reviews


Points: 6183
Reviews: 73

Donate
Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:56 am
Silversun wrote a review...



Wow Lin! Impressive story, or beginning to a story, if I do say so myself. I love how alive Amalia is so peppy and pretty! I love her already :) and I can't wait to hear more about her. Richard seems like an interesting enough person, although things seem a little rough for him. If someone like Amalia was leaving my life, I'd feel sad too :/. Great story though so far! I can't wait to read more.




User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 970
Reviews: 11

Donate
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 am
hae-won wrote a review...



i LOVE IT! sorry about the caps^^ lol well it was a wonderful story! Perfectly cute at all the right moments! You really had that flow going on of richard getting all nervous and such. Amalia was a very charming and cute character. She is so innocent as I would think you would portray her. But what are their ages? I'm thinking between 12-14 maybe? Well it was very cute lovely voice in the story I really want to read your other stories! thanks for writing this!^^




User avatar
317 Reviews


Points: 5120
Reviews: 317

Donate
Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm
mizz-iceberg wrote a review...



Bokmål, Lin! (<--- Hello in Norwegian. Just getting into the spirit.;) )

I told you I'd have a look at this. Sorry, it took so long.

Also, I was slightly disappointed when I realized Ryback does not actually appear in this story. :(
But, no worries!

I really liked this story! It really does make me think of the song, and it had an overall nice mood to it.
However (there are always howevers), I think you rushed things a bit in some places. I didn't get to know the characters very well. A little more characterization would have been better. Also, I was confused about the age of your MC. If he really is a small child, they might not have kissed so passionately. And if he is not such a small child, then he wouldn't find a robin egg while playing. The playing bit had me thinking he was much younger. So maybe explain playing exactly what he was playing(like a sport or something), whereas just playing gets me thinking Richard is very young.

I know they are children, but there is a lot of difference between a ten year old and a twelve year old.


This a very sweet story, but I just thought it came short of true emotions. Or maybe I'm just really stone hearted. Maybe if we see more of the friendship between Richard and Amalia, we might get a better sense of the love/attraction between them. I would then, as a reader understand Richard's loyalty and devotion more.

As I mentioned earlier, characterization could be worked on. You've got the basics though. I do like the contrast between Amalia's personality and Richard's. I suggest you flesh them out a bit more.

Also, in the second part, where Richard tells us of visiting the barn often, I think here, again, we need more emotions. What exactly goes through his mind when he visits the barn? I don't think you should have it too long, because I do like the simplicity of it, but couple more sentences wouldn't hurt. I just want to know how old he is, or how long has it been since Amalia left.

On the whole, a very sweet story. I love how you chose the barn as the setting. It really adds to the whole mood of the story.


-Zehra




User avatar
201 Reviews


Points: 4013
Reviews: 201

Donate
Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:25 pm
peanut19 says...



Linny, as you know I hate that song. But your story showed emotion and conflict between the characters, and your plot was wonderful. I might just have to go listen to the song now..... Good job!
~peanut~




User avatar
1125 Reviews


Points: 53415
Reviews: 1125

Donate
Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:42 pm
StellaThomas wrote a review...



Hey Lin love, didn't I tell you I'd be knockin' on your door? Stellz here!

I didn't even know it was based on lovely Alexander's song! Now I'm definitely reading...

I. NITPICKS

Her pretty eyes were as blue as the robin egg that I found yesterday while playing.


Robin eggs are blue, but they're not particularly blue, they're just their own shade, so maybe "were the same blue" rather than "were as blue"?

I was really scared of rats ever since my brother was bitten by one and become deathly sick.


had been bitten, not was bitten. It makes the rest make sense.

“Really, Richard?” I cringed as she said my real name like she always does. Everyone else calls me Rick, but she insists on calling me Richard. To be different. “They always have happy endings. Don’t you wish life could be that way, too?” she asked me.


The present tense just seems a bit out of place...

Okay.

II. LET'S MAKE EVERYTHING DRAMATIC FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY!

We aren't told at the beginning that this is the last time they're going to see each other, it just sort of ends on that assumption. It's a bit strange that they would go somewhere neither of them have ever been before to say goodbye. So consider it:

-does Richard think that they may see each other again before she leaves? If so, mention it as they're saying goodbye. If not, overshadow the rest of your story with the knowledge that this might be the last time they'll ever see each other again.
-if it is the last time, does Amalia have a reason for choosing to go to the barn, or is it just random idea?
-is she at all melancholy or sad (even beneath the surface, you can still sometimes see) before Richard brings the topic up?

III. CENTURY?

What century is this? If it's the twenty-first, even in Norway (whatever you say, that is where I set it in my mind, they just seemed good Norwegian to me... oh, whatever. Just me and my wild brain), there's communication. He doesn't see her, but do they IM, write, talk on the phone? Or does she disappear just like a fairytale?

IV. OVERALL

I enjoyed it, especially as you probably know my love of fairytales... I'd like to see a little more development of Richard and possibly their relationship- the anecdote and flashback are both useful tools, don't hesitate to use them to show us their childhood antics etc.

Overall, good job!

-Stellz x




User avatar
1272 Reviews


Points: 89625
Reviews: 1272

Donate
Sun May 31, 2009 10:33 pm
Rosendorn wrote a review...



Hi Lin! Here as requested. (Sort of. I'm the one who wanted to see this. xD)

So, since this is a romance one-shot I can stand it and I like it. Onto the review.

rocking back and forth. Her hair bounced as she jumped up and down impatiently.


She's rocking and bouncing? That seems odd to me.

Her pretty eyes were as blue as the robin egg that I found yesterday while playing.


Since they seem to be pretty close, I'd replace "I found" with "we found."

“A fairytale?” I raised an eyebrow at her. Her face was soft and dreamlike, like she was in a completely different world.


I'd like to see her perception of things rub off on him as things progress. Have him begin to see what she sees. That sort of thing.

She let go of my hand and ran to one of the bales and climbed up on it.


"And" is a bit repetitive here. I'd make the second one a period and rework the sentence as needed.

and become deathly sick.


~ "Became"

~ Did he recover? That's a bit of a lose thread you don't tie up.

“I guess I do too,” I replied to her,


"To her" is a bit redundant since he's not talking to anybody else.

I cringed as she said my real name like she always does


"Did" instead of "does"

Everyone else calls me Rick, but she insists on calling me Richard.


Not sure if this sentence should be in past tense or not, but with the mention of her in there I'd make it past tense.

she asked me.


"Me" is a bit redundant here; nobody else is around.

She was going to be moving soon; her father got a job in another country and the whole family was going.


And this is the one itch in the story I can't scratch. Why doesn't she give him her phone number if she likes him so much?

“What?” she looked back up into my eyes, making my heart start to pound again.


"She" should be capitalized here, since it's not describing the way she speaks.

“I am going to miss you when you leave,”


I find this dialogue is a bit unnatural without any conjoined words. (Like "I'm") It could be for emphasis, but that's not clear.

I nodded.


I hadn't even seen this description before, and now that I have, I think the story would be better off without it. It doesn't give us anything, really.

*

So, not much to say! Come the end of it I found the lip-biting a bit repetitive, but you do have an effect for that so it's not too bad. I found the characters and plot really sweet, and the only thing I would add is more "shifting" in his viewpoint. At first he found the barn creepy, but after he finds it... what? That's one question left unanswered.

That's the only real "overall" bit I'm going to do since my nit-picks covered things.

Happy editing, and if you have any questions, drop me a line.

~Rosey




User avatar
263 Reviews


Points: 4362
Reviews: 263

Donate
Sun May 31, 2009 5:14 pm
Angels-Symphony wrote a review...



Linnn!! *tear rolls down cheek*
I thought it was beautiful :D I was listening to a sad song while reading this too. You've just inspired me and kicked me out of my temporary writer's block xD

Since everyone else covered the grammar and descriptions and all of that other technical stuff, I'll tell you what I think of the overall idea:

I must say, I love Amalia also. My favorite types of characters are the optimistic, beautiful ones that seem to come straight out of a fairytale. I also like the contrast you have by putting Richard in there. He seems like one of those characters that just don't have things easy going for them. Like everyone else said, you should make him more unique. It's always important to add special things to the characters that seem ordinary, otherwise he's just one in a million. There's got to be a reason that Amalia likes him. Why is that? Just answer that, through descriptions of course xD

Your writing style is on the verge of being seen in people's heads. When I picture the story in my mind, I see the setting and I see the characters, but they're still just blurs of colors and shadowed figures. Make the barn real! I've never really read about barns aside from Charlotte's Web. If it's a barn, I'm sure there are animals in it! Where is the neighing of horses in the background and the bleating of sheep?! How about those cowbells ringing or the animals munching on hay? What about the spiderwebs that dangle from the ceiling and the morning dew that kisses the surface of plants and glitters with the light of the morning sun?! I want to be there! It's a fairytale. Take me to this world!

The emotions were still a little fuzzy also. Put yourself in Richard's place and make him really feel. And what about Amalia? Perfect people have emotions too! Give little signs of how she feels. Are those smiles concealing her true feelings? What does she think of Richard's facial expressions? Does Richard believe Amalia's face expressions, or does he just care about how pretty and out of this world she is? Is it a superficial love? Where is the hidden message between the lines?

Title: The title doesn't really make sense =_= It's kind of like in my Harvest Moon game where you find an ore while mining, you just have to refine it. Can someone really be a fairytale? A fairytale can't really describe a single person. I'd recommend something like "She's my fairytale" or "She's from a fairytale", but that would ruin the magic in it? >< I don't know. I hope you find something good, though.

I'm not sure if this would work well as a beginning since it's sort of vague and the setting isn't introduced aside from the barn. Maybe you could try writing a preface or prologue so we have an idea of what's coming up.

Overall, I really liked it :D I want to keep reading more and watch this story develop. Try listening to music relating to your story, it'll really help. Observe people and look around you. Google some pictures! Rather than having the storyline be blurry, make it clear! Make it vivid! I know you can do it, Lin!

Also, I couldn't help but notice this:

Lin910 wrote:“You think there are rats in here?” I asked, interrupting her. I was really scared of rats ever since my brother was bitten by one and *become deathly sick.


*it should be "became" because "become" is present tense.

All the Best,
Shina ;P


*clicks gold star*




User avatar
1464 Reviews


Points: 15394
Reviews: 1464

Donate
Sun May 31, 2009 12:19 am
Juniper wrote a review...



Linkitty-Caterpillar! Juniper here!


=]

So! It's been a good century since you last posted, right, right?

Let's have a stab!

I sighed and remembered why I was here in the first place. Her pretty eyes were as blue as the robin egg that I found yesterday while playing. Her hair, the same color as the honey her mother fixed for us whenever we went to her house. She was my image of perfect.


• The bolded part sounds funny to me for some reason; I think it should be "while I was playing". Don't know why, but it sticks out, dear.


• Also, in the underlined part, I think the comma should be replaced with "was" because it kind of sounds like a fragment, dear. :P


Before I saw it coming, she tackled me in a hug. I fell back onto the hay as she lay on top of me, clinging to my body. A stray piece of hay kept poking my neck.


You've been talking to us too much. The tackle hugs rub off on you, don't they? :P




Holianthus and Musicee have already pointed out lots and lots of stuff.

I don't have much to say other than "stop listening to Alexander and go review". :P


Wonderfully done, Linkettle! Gold Star. =D


Juniper ;)




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Sat May 30, 2009 11:18 pm
crackelsNyou says...



I think the first two comments pretty much pointed out your errors, I did like your plot




User avatar
228 Reviews


Points: 1203
Reviews: 228

Donate
Sat May 30, 2009 10:37 pm
Linx says...



Thanks for pointing out all those things. I didn't realize the repetition either. Thank ya'll.

*not a very good editor herself today*

*Lin




User avatar
137 Reviews


Points: 3214
Reviews: 137

Donate
Sat May 30, 2009 10:09 pm
Bittersweet wrote a review...



Hey Catlin! Here to review, just like a promised. So let's get started! :D

Her golden hair bounced


I don't like that you throw out this description in the second sentence. It would sound better if you took out 'golden' since you go on to describe her features a little later in the story.

The wind blew softly as leaves fell around the barn, giving a perfect image of an early fall day.

She was my image of perfect.


The problem with these two quotes is that you repeat 'perfect image' twice. Perhaps you should use some other words to explain why it's a perfect image in one of these cases?

Her pretty blue eyes were as blue as the robin egg that we found yesterday on the ground, below the nest.


I really like this sentence, but it's not exactly necessary to know that they saw a robin's egg on the floor yesterday, you know? It sort of sounds like you're setting the story up to delve into a memory of the day before, but you go nowhere with it. So I'd say either take out the bit about how they found the egg and just say "Her pretty blue eyes were as blue as a robin's egg", or expand on that image of yesterday. If you chose the second one, you could use it as an opportunity to tell the reader that they've been spending many days together now that she was going to leave (if they have, of course. That's up to you). I think, perhaps, that then we may understand a little more how close these two are, and how they don't want to lose each other.

Her hand was so soft, like my mother’s apron that she wore whenever she cooked.


I liked earlier how you compared Amalia's features to things, but this is a little too much now. Maybe just say plainly that her hand was soft?

“Isn’t it magical?” she gushed, squeezing my hand. My cheeks turned red as I turned away from her, nodding.


These sentences make is seem like he's turning red in pain from her squeezing his hand. xD You may want to explain why his cheeks are red, because I seriously doubt that she's that strong. ;)

“Really Richard?” I cringed as she said my real name like she always does. Everyone else calls me Rick, but she insists on calling me Richard. To be different.

“Yep. They always have happy endings. Don’t you wish life could be that way, too?” she asked me.


This is sort of awkward, because at first I thought Richard was saying the second line, since she asked him a question. And the second line sounds like the answer to that question... only she's answering her own question.

“I guess I do too,” I replied to her, staring at our hands entwined.

“Definitely,” I replied, still staring into her eyes. “Everything could work out perfectly.”


First he's staring at their hands, but then the second sentence states that he was looking into her eyes the entire time.

my eyes looking down at my barefoot feet.


Can't you just say "bare feet"? xD

Did she not like me saying that? Did she not like me at all? Did she think I was a wimp?


Since these are thoughts, which he is thinking at that present moment in time, it should be in present tense. Because who thinks in past tense? :P And especially because later in the story his thoughts are in present tense, and we must keep things consistent.

That's all I have to point out, though. Hooray, right? As for the overall story:

I think the thing I love the best is the characterization. Amalia's a sweet, adventurous and bubbly girl. Richard's a scaredy-cat, dreamer, and he's loving. You pulled off the characters well, and the reader can really understand what is going through their minds. The second best thing is the ending. It was so adorably sweet, I had to "awww". Excellent job at tying in the story inspiration in. It worked well. I absolutely adored the little love story. It wasn't too much, or too trashy. I think I would have liked to know a bit more about their relationship before, though. How long had they known each other? How long did he like her in that way? Even so, I think it's an incredibly sweet story and very well written. Of course it needs a little work, but I think it's absolutely great. You lovely little writer, you. :D

Hope my review was of some help, along with Music's.
-Holly




User avatar
152 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 152

Donate
Sat May 30, 2009 9:35 pm
View Likes
Musicaloo7311 wrote a review...



Lin! *tackles* Music here, as... commanded? :D


Grammar & Line-by-line Comments:

I looked up curiously at the huge old building, intimidated by [s]it’s[/s]its enormous size.


“Of course it is!” Amalia exclaimed. “Now, are you coming or not?”


Her pretty blue eyes were as blue as the robin egg that we found yesterday on the ground, below the nest. <--I'd take out the first 'blue' here; it's repetitive.


“Yay!” She ran and grabbed my hand and pulled me to the door. Her hand was so soft, like my mother’s apron that she wore whenever she cooked. <--Here, it isn't clear enough whether you mean Richard's mother or Amalia. To make sure we know it's Rick's mom, rephrase it to something like this- "Her hand was so soft, like the apron my mother wore whenever she cooked.


We walked into the barn, and Amalia closed the door behind us. The sun was shining in through the cracks in the roof, giving us a little light to see. Bales of hay were stacked all around us on [s]the[/s] wooden planks. The whole area gave off a creepy aura, and I was tempted to run back out of there.


My cheeks turned red as I turned away from her, nodding. <---I don't like that you used "turned" twice here. Why not replace the second with "shifted" or "twisted" or "looked"? “It’s, like, so mysterious and strange, but pretty, in a way. Like a fairytale!”


“A fairytale?” I looked back at her. <--I'd like description of what her face is like here.


I was deathly scared of rats ever since my brother was bitten by one and become deathly sick. <--I'm really not liking this habit of repeating the same word in one sentence, whether it's intended or not. ^^ How about, "I had been deathly scared of rats ever since my brother was bitten by one and became very sick."


The light shined just right so [b]that it landed directly onto [s]of[/s] her hair, giving it a sparkly rich color.


“I guess I do too,” I replied to her, staring at our [s]hands entwined.[/s]intertwined hands.


“Really, Richard?” I cringed as she said my real name, like she always does. Everyone else calls me Rick, but she insists on calling me Richard. [<--Tense change in this sentence.] To be different. Why not keep this in the same paragraph?“Yep. They always have happy endings. Don’t you wish life could be that way, too?” she asked me. I think this part sounds like a response to what she just asked Richard, especially the "Yep" part.


She was going to be moving soon; her father got a job in another country and the whole family was moving. Maybe you are doing this intentionally, but I'm not fond of it.


“I am going to miss you when you leave,” I said softly, my eyes looking down at my [s]barefoot feet[/s]bare feet.


I fell back onto the hay as she lay on top of me, [s]clinging her arms around me[/s]clinging to my body. A stray piece of hay kept poking my neck. <--I like this description.


“I’m going to miss you too,” she [s]whispered-sobbed[/s]whispered, sobbing into my ear.


Does she think I’m crazy? She just said that [<--You need to specify what you mean by 'that'. It sounds as if he's saying she just called him crazy. Elaborate.], but does she really mean it? Is she just saying that to be nice?


As I went through all my anxieties in my head, [s]and[/s] out of [s]no where[/s]nowhere, she grabbed both of my hands. I looked up just in time to see her come closer and kiss me softly.


When she finally broke away, she said softly [<--You're using softly too much.], “I-I-I’m sorry, Richard. I have to go.” I nodded.


“I don’t know.” She turned back around and hugged me tightly. “Goodbye, Richard.”


“Goodbye, Amalia.”


And I’m still in love with a fairytale too.

Amalia.
<---Wonderful ending.



Language Usage & Writing Style: Lin! This was absolutely gorgeous! The only thing that I didn't like was that you kept repeating! Get a thesaurus if you have to! :D
Also, you left a few things unspecified and murky. Elaborate, but still keep it simple.


Imagery & Emotion: Your imagery was nice; I especially liked how your MC described Amalia's looks. But I want more descriptions of the surroundings. More colors, textures, scents, etc! The barn scene! Since the barn is a very important part of the story, why not describe its look! Use actions to do such a thing. ("I ran my hand over the rough wooden walls," or, "She laid down on the golden hay.")
Emotion! I liked your emotion- especially when it came through the dialogue. I'd just like for you to add tiny tidbits, minuscule movements to express a feeling, such as a quivering lip, a nervous twist of the finger her hair, something to that affect. Other than that, great job. ^^


Characters: Richard and Amalia. <3
Richard- From what I read, I know this guy is very devoted, sensitive, and cautious. I think instead of adding habits in his thoughts (if the repetitive-ness was, in fact, intended), why not show it in a physical or vocal form? Does he do a certain thing when he's nervous, upset, happy? Make him more unique, and you have a wonderful character.
Amalia- Amalia was one special girl. I loved her dominance in the beginning, her braveness, her spunk. I wouldn't do anything to change her.


Plot: Aww, that's a heartbreaking story of loyalty and love. Great theme! I really enjoyed the storyline. :D


What I really liked: Amalia and the storyline.


What could be improved: Imagery, Richard, and Writing Style.


*gives gold star*


Wonderful piece! Questions? PM me.

Love,
Music





To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13