z

Young Writers Society



Dead Inside

by Lindsaroo


I can't feel your soft touch
I can't see your green eyes
I can't hear your angelic voice

I am dead inside

I miss your hugs
I miss your love
I miss you

Why did you leave me?
You killed me

I am dead inside


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 2831
Reviews: 170

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 11:26 pm
Lindsaroo says...



I wrote this in January and I'm getting comments on it in May...wow....And I didn't put this up but I wrote this like bout 2 years ago...and I know it's short. And Kylan, I agree, Poems should be longer but this was like first attempt at poetry and I just thought I'd stick it up when I first joined cause I had nothing else writen. Thanks anyways.

*Lindsay*




User avatar
117 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 117

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 10:43 pm
oregongirl wrote a review...



WOW! you got a lot of replies on this! I thought that it was more of a statement. Maybe make it a little longer but I really liked it. Even though it wasn't really that long. Well good job! Keep it up!

Demi a.k.a. Oregongirl :D




User avatar
387 Reviews


Points: 27175
Reviews: 387

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 9:55 pm
Kylan wrote a review...



Woot! Stick it to the man Lady Pirate!

Anywyas, now that that's done with...

It was very short. Quotes are short. The back of cereal boxes are short. Poems, in my opinion, should last a little longer. A poem should read at least five minutes and make a reader think about it's contents. This poem is a statement. Boom. Your point is made. There is no digging. There is no interpertation. You say what you are feeling in a couple lines and leave it at that. In my opinion, this leaves the reader feeling empty and blank, and cheated of good poetry. For me there is little emotion in this piece.

But don't give up!!! Poems are a fabulous way to vent feelings and experience new ones. You do have some promise, keep that in mind. The next poem you post (and there had better be a next one :D ), PM me an I'll crit it also!!

-Kylan




User avatar
84 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 84

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 9:31 pm
Lady Pirate wrote a review...



My teacher in Lit. Mag, and I where just having is argument fri. He doesn't like our generation's poems, says they're too straight forwards, and there are no literary componates to them.

Of course, I disagree. I think that it is only straight forward if you want it to be straight forward.

While he might see this piece, as shallow and a waste of paper, I can feel the pain. I can see it, and that is noble. Some times straight forward is the right way to do things.




User avatar
316 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 316

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 9:17 pm
whence wrote a review...



This isn't poetry. Poetry let's the reader's feel the emotion of the piece. Let's the reader interpret it and see it through their eyes. Let's the reader be guided and shown images and metaphors, messages and morals.

This is a proverbial slap in the face.

Try reading poetry. A lot. The more you read, the more you see what works and what dosen't. Then, after you've learned somethings [and have realized that feeling crushed after reading this crit isn't the appropriate response :p] come back and try to re-convey these emotions in an original, poetic way.

I'll be looking forward to seeing it when you do :)

~Ed




User avatar
82 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 82

Donate
Sat May 19, 2007 12:47 am
theron guard says...



The shortness of the poem really worked for me. I really liked the theme. Very interesting. :)




User avatar
83 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 83

Donate
Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:05 am
stupidiot92 says...



I liked the shortness of it but detail wouldn't have been a bad thing here. I like the whole jist of the poem. It is a good way to convey your feelings after a breakup.




User avatar
52 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 52

Donate
Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:09 am
Fabien wrote a review...



So this piece was to the point, it shows that you miss him, but that in itself is a little cliche. Maybe if you expressed why you missed him it would give this poem a bit more strength, a bit more structure. It would boost the imagery that the reader would get while reading this piece as well has helping the readers to relate in some way or other. In all, it was nice, but it could be better if you put some more detail into it.

- Fabien




User avatar
614 Reviews


Points: 1106
Reviews: 614

Donate
Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:22 pm
Swires says...



Nice link Claudette.

Staring- I recommend getting your hands on a Poetry Anthology of some kind, read some Heaney.




User avatar
2058 Reviews


Points: 32885
Reviews: 2058

Donate
Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Emerson wrote a review...



*dies a little inside*

May I guide you to look at an article for me? Poetry & Punctuation. Read it, study it, learn it, use it.

This was very short, and to the point. When you are writing something with emotion like this, you need to not be selfish like writers tend to do; think only of your audience. How can they relate to what you are showing them? In fact, you are showing us nothing, you are telling us everything. We have to be able to relate.

People want to read a poem, and have some emotion or thought they take away from it.

A good suggestion, read as much poetry you can, find what makes it good, what makes it pretty, and try it for yourself.




User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 2831
Reviews: 170

Donate
Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:49 am
Lindsaroo says...



Thanx 4 the critisizm. It's my first time posting poem and I need A LOT of help
So...Thanx!




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 20

Donate
Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:36 pm
judi_patootie says...



I agree w/ the purple balloon. I think it repeats too much and makes the reader lose interest. Use different sorts of words and the poem will be good.

~~Judi Patootie




User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 39

Donate
Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:07 pm
Leonheart says...



just doesn't have the effect of a poem to me. its a simple "repetition of questions" that don't seem to lead to anywhere. like Phorcys says, "What Were They Like" might be a good idea to try.




User avatar
614 Reviews


Points: 1106
Reviews: 614

Donate
Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:02 pm
Swires says...



.....Ok.....


I dont think the repetition of the questions works at all - in fact it lowers what I think of poets when they ask endless questions with no answer.

See "What were they like?" for a nice poem of this type.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 18

Donate
Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:06 am
tzmanda says...



Simple, straightforward, to the point. Its not bad. Could have contained a bit more detail though




User avatar
402 Reviews


Points: 1586
Reviews: 402

Donate
Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:16 am
Wiggy wrote a review...



Well, it's straightforward to say in the least! No doubt about that! :P

First off, this seemed more of a statement than of a poem. To me, it didn't seem that there was much imagination or life in this piece. I know (as you demonstrate clearly) that you miss that person, but why do you miss him? Add a little more depth by including things like memories, circumstances, etc. There's a whole plethora of things you could include to give this poem more depth.

Also, as a friendly warning-try not to turn this into the typical I miss you soooo much poem type of thing. After reading a lot of those, the idea tends to get old. Frankly, I think the sign of a good poet is one who can take a cliched idea and turn it into something new, original, and wonderful because of their creative imagination.

Good luck with the poem, and if you have any questions, please pm me!

Wiggy ;)




User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 2831
Reviews: 170

Donate
Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:33 am
Lindsaroo says...



Any Critisizim is welcomed
Thanx! 8)





“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables