12+

Baby Love Me

by LightningNorth

I just want you to wrap me in your arms

Tell me you love me

Ignore the alarms

As long as I'm with you

I'll be safe

You're the one to clear my path

Right now I'm feelin' unsafe

Baby I just want you

Even if it's the end

I wish it could be something to believe in

Baby take me away from the darkness

I'm covered in nothing but sin

I feel lonely, like a carcass

Baby just hold me...

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 am
AnnMath says...

Hello, here's a review.

I'm not a poet. I say that every time I review poetry. It's because I'm not and I don't want offend anyone.

I liked the love aspect of this poem. The way you portrayed it gave it much more meaning than I was ever looking for. I'm not the lovey kind of girl, but I enjoyed reading this work of art. The word selection really intrigued me. It felt, to me, like she wanted his love in a needing kind of way, and I've never seen that before.

AnnMath leaving once again for another sculpture of words.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 am
AnnMath wrote a review...

Hello, here's a review.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:48 pm
NightKaizer wrote a review...

HEELLO Lightning North,
A song about needing your true love. When I first saw the name, the song "Let Me Love You" by Justin Bieber suddenly came to mind. I don't know why, it just did.

You could add something more creative to the song. I'm not saying it isn't good- every song is unique- but the love concept has been repeated and repeated in most songs. I like that third to last line where you mentioned "sin". Not many songs do that so that's a starter.

I noticed it's your first day here. Congrats on your first post! I only found YWS a few days ago so I know where you stand.

Keep writing,

Night Kaizer

This looks like a really bad episode of Green Acres.
— David Letterman