Harry Potter Fanfic

by Leonheart

Harry Potter Fanfic

The sky over the small town was slowly filtering between colours, from a deep shade of blue night, to the roaring inferno of orange sunrise. As the light increased around the area, street lamps flickered off in order, as though someone controlled them all. A long street lined with neat gardens and perfectly cut hedgerows was bathed in sunlight, and the bulbs burned out all at once, leaving nature to illuminate the road. One, solitary bird, an owl, flew over the street, meandering over treetops and telegraph poles towards the second house, number four. It landed lightly on the window sill of the smallest bedroom and hooted gleefully, before pecking hard at the glass. When nothing stirred within, it gave another peck. Giving in to impatience, the small owl started to rap against the window at a high speed, creating a barrage of clicking into the room beyond

After a minute, the curtains were ripped open and a teenage boy stood on the other side of the glass, yawning and rubbing his eyes. He fumbled with the catch on the window, and opened it without enthusiasm. The owl hopped in and took off again, soaring around the room happily. The boy sighed, and shut the window again quietly, before walking to the mirror hanging on the wall.

The reflection staring back at him was tall and skinny, and was topped by black, unruly hair that stuck out at all angles, made worse by a nights tossing and turning in bed. The boy’s eyes were a deep emerald green. He slowly reached to the table and grabbed his glasses, putting them on and pushing them up on the bridge of his nose. His clothes were several sizes too big for him and out of fashion, giving him the look of a poor person wearing rags. Yet the one feature that stood out the most was a scar, lightning bolt shaped on his forehead.

This scar was what made Harry Potter special. It was the result of a near death experience, which seemed to come regularly for Harry. He had bore this scar since the age of one, and it marked him as unique. He was, after all, a very special boy. On his eleventh birthday, Harry had discovered he was a wizard. And now, exactly six years later, he was to enter his final year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But this wasn’t what made Harry Potter so special. What made this boy special was the scar on his forehead, the result of a failed murder by the most powerful wizard of his time, Lord Voldemort. Exactly what happened that night was a mystery, but Voldemort, who had slain so many people, was unable to kill the young child. The curse instead, had rebounded upon the caster, and Voldemort was forced to flee, barely alive.

Harry turned away from the mirror and rubbed the mark on his forehead gently, as it started to prickle as he thought about such events. He walked to the bird, who had taken a rest atop the wardrobe. reaching up, he grabbed it and looked at its leg. Tied to it was a large piece of parchment, almost twice the size of the bird. Harry relieved the owl of its burden, and carried it over to the cage containing his own owl, holding it inside and placing it near the water. Walking back to the bed, Harry slit open the parchment and read from it

You’ve not written to us in a few days, did you forget? Mum’s having kittens over here and she’s not the only one. Half the family is worried about you mate, especially Ginny. Hermione’s pretty bad too, I got a letter from her. You need to write, remember what Moody said. Everyone has to keep in touch, especially you.

But that’s not what I wrote for, mum just told me to write it in. what needs saying is Percy is dead. The ministry found him in his apartment in London. Looks like there was a struggle and everything. It’s been put down to death eaters, even dad thinks it was. Anyway, the funeral is on Saturday. Mum said that we’re going to pick you up this afternoon, about two. You don’t really have much choice, but she says you have to reply and say yes anyway.

So me and dad will be over at two, and we’ll apparate somewhere close to you, so it looks all muggle for your aunt and uncle. I don’t think they want us blowing up your fireplace again. I wouldn’t mind of course.

I’ll see you later, reply with Pig

Ron

So Percy was dead. The news shocked Harry a lot, after all, the most pompous member of the Weasley family was not in the order, and wasn’t close to anyone. Why he was targeted seemed illogical to Harry.

“But you’re not Voldemort are you?” Harry asked himself with a shake of his head. His head stabbed with pain, but Harry ignored it. He rummaged on the desk for a quill and finally grabbed one, before scribbling a quick reply on the back of the parchment.

Ron,

Sorry about Percy, two is fine.

There was no need for anything else, so he folded up the parchment and shoved his hand in the cage again, grabbing the small bird and pulling him out, hooting madly. Harry held it still as he tied the letter to its leg, then said “get there fast Pig, there’s not much time until they pick me up”

He glanced at the clock, and it read seven thirty. Carrying Pig to the window, Harry opened it again and threw him out. The small bird dropped a few feet, before regaining composure and flying away the way it came.

Harry flung himself down on the bed and placed his hands behind his head, sighing deeply. With seven hours to go until he was being picked up, a normal person could get ready easily. But as Harry glanced around the room, it would be anything but easy. Books were strewn across the floor, there were dead mice, chess pieces, and small marble looking balls all finding residence on the carpet. Hardly any of the floor was visible through the mess that Harry has created during the two weeks in his room.

It was five minutes before Harry could muster the energy to stand up and start to pack everything. As he worked, the mess on the floor lessened slowly, but the trunk became as messy, if not more, as all the things were thrown unceremoniously into it and left to find their own comfortable resting place within it. By ten o’clock, the teenage boy straightened up from his drawers and threw his socks into the trunk, kicking it closed and locking it. Checking for any last items, he grabbed a long piece of wood from the table and shoved it in his back pocket, not wanting to leave the room without his wand. He bent down again, and grabbed a thin cloak off the floor and draped it over his arm, and then reached for a broom that was propped against the side. Holding that in the same hand that supported the cloak, Harry positioned his owl’s cage on his trunk, and then started to take everything out of the room. He turned as he went through the door and frowned. Checking his watch, he saw the date. He was seventeen. The task he had just done could have been done much more easily with magic, and yet he had never realised he was of age for ten hours. Shaking his head, he grabbed his wand with his right hand, and gave it a flick, murmuring a couple of words, and the trunk and cage lifted into the air. Harry took it downstairs without it touching the floor.

When he reached the bottom of the steps, there was a loud gasping noise and a door slammed. He could hear the sound of another teenage voice, his cousin Dudley, out of breath from shock. There was the sound of a handle opening, and a large, purple-faced man walked through the door. He turned to Harry, who leisurely gave his wand another flick and the trunk dropped silently. A vein in the large man’s head pulsed as he roared “what do you think you’re doing boy!”

Harry gave a smile and showed no fear in his voice as he replied “I’m carrying my trunk down the stairs Uncle Vernon”

Harry’s Uncle Vernon stuttered as words failed him. His mouth opened and closed soundlessly, before he found his voice and laughed loudly.

“You’re going to be expelled! That’s it! You used… that thing… outside of school! You’re going to get a letter from that weird man telling yo-“

Vernon didn’t get as far as finishing what the weird man would tell Harry, as his voice diminished to nothing when a long piece of wood appeared at his throat. He went back to stuttering silently to himself, looking right into the eyes of his teenage nephew, who had a look that spelt murder.

Harry didn’t say a word about Dumbledore, but his look told his uncle exactly what he wanted to say. Instead, Harry simply said “I’m of age, I can do magic whenever I want to”

Uncle Vernon cringed at the word magic, and then stood there blinking furiously at Harry, unable to comprehend what was just said. Harry slowly lowered his wand to his side, then continued by saying “I’m going to Ron’s house; he’s picking me up at two o’clock. And I’ll probably be gone for good” he finished, not looking at Vernon. His eyes were on the floor and he was surprised to feel a tear rolling down from the corner of his eye. He gave his wand another flick, causing his uncle to flinch, but only sending his trunk pressed against the wall by the door. Then Harry strode back to the stairs and up to his room for one last check around.

Time seemed to drag by as Harry waited in his room, leaving only to go down for a bite to eat, before returning and lying down on the bed again. When the watch on his wrist ticked over to quarter to two, Harry heaved himself up, quickly glanced around, and headed down the stairs, sitting on the bottom step like he was begging at a station. Fifteen minutes later, right on time, there was a knock at the door, and the boy sprang up and wrenched it open instantly to stare a slightly stunned Arthur Weasley in the face. He quickly recovered his composure and spoke out first.

“Good afternoon Harry, everything ready?” he said with a smile plastered on his face. He took off his hat and ran his hand through thinning, but clearly red, hair. Once his hat was placed back on his head, he adjusted his glasses, before bringing his hand down and holding it out to Harry to shake.

“Yes Mr. Weasley” Harry replied, taking the man’s hand in his and grasping it firmly. His eyes slowly drifted to the two people stood either side of Arthur. On the left was a tall, gangling boy, a few months older than Harry but several inches taller. His head was covered in a mass of red hair, like his father’s, only thicker. He smiled, his head cocked on one side, before saying, “Alright Harry?”

“Yeah, I’m fine Ron, you?” Harry said with the smile still on his face. He never heard the reply, as his eyes moved now past Mr Weasley, and fell instead on the person on the right, and his stomach hit the floor.

The girl before him was a lot shorter than the two men, with flaming red hair which wrapped around a pretty face and cascaded over her shoulders. She held herself straighter than the men. The face of Ginny Weasley bore no sign of a smile. Instead, she wore a look of determination as she stepped one foot into the house and stood on tip toes to reach Harry’s cheek with her lips, planting a soft kiss on his skin. Harry’s mouth opened slightly, but he closed it again and ignored the actions, moving his eyes back to Ron, who clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. He shook his head and said clearly “want to go then Harry?”

Harry turned and grabbed his trunk, picking it off the floor awkwardly and carrying it to the door, then slowly passing it through the frame to the Weasley’s. He didn’t bother saying goodbye to the people within the house; he knew he wouldn’t be missed. He looked at the Weasley family and said “alright, that’s that, now what?”

“Now, we go to the park. We found a nice little area that’s got trees to keep us covered. I’ll take the trunk, you three go on ahead” Mr. Weasley told them, and grabbed the handle to the trunk. The three teenagers walked up the drive, Harry taking hare to walk along the plants, creating a mess as a present for his Aunt and Uncle when they next came out.

Once on the pavement, the three of them walked in a line, side by side. Harry was in the middle, and Ron and Ginny flanked him, Ginny trying to get closer to Harry as they walked. Harry continued to ignore the young girl, and instead talked to Ron

“So why did they go after Percy?” he asked first, curiosity getting the better of him quickly. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked back over his shoulder to see Mr. Weasley struggling with the massive case.

“Dad says we shouldn’t talk about it on the streets” Ron replied “never know who’s listening, or so he and Moody say.”

He looked around Harry and saw Ginny’s attempts at getting closer to the boy in the middle. He shook his head and gave her a quizzical look, before looking forward and saying “of course, mum’s worried sick. Thinks one of us could be next. This is the first time that we’ve come out of our grounds all holiday. That nearly didn’t happen, she was going to come with dad instead of us, but she decided someone had to watch the house, so we could go”

Harry was glad of this fact. He was happy to see Ron’s face and not have to deal with a distraught Molly Weasley so soon after the loss of her son. It may have only meant a few more minutes, but at least now Harry was prepared for it. He decided to ask other questions

“So the funeral’s on Saturday?” he asked.

“Yeah, Fleur’s livid, it’s hilarious” Ron said with a snigger. He quickly gathered himself and got his face straight, before continuing “the wedding was meant to be on Sunday, but that’s been set back a week now”

“She keeps saying that Percy should have died a week later” Ginny piped up, trying to get into the conversation with Harry and Ron. Harry merely laughed, as though Ron had said it, and continued around the corner into the park.

The area of trees were just beside the entrance to the park, so Harry leaned up against one of the trunks and shielded his eyes from the sun. his checked his watch, and saw it was quarter past two.

“Mum’ll be furious, we were meant to be about five minutes picking you up” Ron said, looking at Harry’s watch while he did. “But dad will probably get lost. He’ll apparate here to us in a minute, you watch”

And within a minute or two, there was a loud cracking sound, and Mr. Weasley was with them, appearing from nowhere. Ron instantly fell about laughing as his father leant on Harry’s trunk to get his breath back. Once he had caught his breath enough, he straightened up and said “right, bit further into these woods, then we’ll apparate.”

He picked the trunk up again and carried it a few trees into the small forest, then set it down again. Checking around, he withdrew his wand and tapped the case once, and it disappeared

“Send them straight to Molly, its hard enough side-apparating you three, but with a trunk at the same time…” he trailed off, again needing to catch his breath. Then he stuck his right arm out and said “Right, let’s be off after them”

The three teenagers grabbed Mr. Weasley’s arm. Harry felt a small hand brushing up against his own and saw Ginny trying her best to hold his hand as well as hold her father’s arm. He was glad when he heard Mr. Weasley counting down from three. When he reached one, Harry twisted, and was suddenly pushed into a feeling of compression, his body being squeezed tightly. Within a second, he was outside the borrow, instantly letting go of Mr. Weasley’s arm, making out that he was in a haste to brush himself down. He stared up at the rickety building before him and smiled widely.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:22 pm
TurquoiseLion says...

Well done! Oddly sounds like Ms Rowling herself wrote it! Your writing style is good and the concept is interesting. I doubt the Weasleys would care so little about Percy dying. You should develop that more, maybe explain their hatred of him, expand it beyond what's in the books... otherwise excellent.

ginnyp0tter wrote a review...

nice, write more! I enjoyed the first chapter. I agree, give it a name. And the weasleys are being way too cold about Percy's death. Even if they had a row two years before and he hasn't been civil to them since, I would still think they would be upset if he died.

Sean Pendr says...

[It was five minutes before Harry could muster the energy to stand up and start to pack everything. As he worked, the mess on the floor lessened slowly, but the trunk became as messy, if not more, as all the things were thrown unceremoniously into it and left to find their own comfortable resting place within it. By ten o’clock, the teenage boy straightened up from his drawers and threw his socks into the trunk, kicking it closed and locking it. Checking for any last items, he grabbed a long piece of wood from the table and shoved it in his back pocket, not wanting to leave the room without his wand. He bent down again, and grabbed a thin cloak off the floor and draped it over his arm, and then reached for a broom that was propped against the side. Holding that in the same hand that supported the cloak, Harry positioned his owl’s cage on his trunk, and then started to take everything out of the room. He turned as he went through the door and frowned. Checking his watch, he saw the date. He was seventeen. The task he had just done could have been done much more easily with magic, and yet he had never realised he was of age for ten hours. Shaking his head, he grabbed his wand with his right hand, and gave it a flick, murmuring a couple of words, and the trunk and cage lifted into the air. Harry took it downstairs without it touching the floor. ] this quote needs to be thinned just a little, remember the saying "simplicity in detail".........keep it up!!!! :D

Sean Pendr wrote a review...

[The reflection staring back at him was tall and skinny, and was topped by black, unruly hair that stuck out at all angles, made worse by a nights tossing and turning in bed. The boy’s eyes were a deep emerald green. He slowly reached to the table and grabbed his glasses, putting them on and pushing them up on the bridge of his nose. His clothes were several sizes too big for him and out of fashion, giving him the look of a poor person wearing rags. Yet the one feature that stood out the most was a scar, lightning bolt shaped on his forehead.] thin this out we already know who he is and you just really need to introduce him.

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:36 am
molly9009rae wrote a review...

I actually liked all of the description in the beginning. Maybe It was a bit too much, but it put me in the actual scene, like I was seeing what you were seeing.

I Agree, Ron and Ginny do seem a bit too cheerful about Percy's death. I know that they were the two who most didnt care for him, but they would atleast still be some what sad and all. I would if a brother I had grown up with who suddenly turned against this family died. Wow that was a run off sentace! LOL!

I love how Ginny is determined to get Harry back. Maybe hint something else in there to make it seem like she wants them to be more than friends. The kiss on the cheek seemed like it was only a greeting (this is how I greet my friends and family.) Maybe get her to rub her arm against his, or have Ginny say that she is cold and tries to snuggle against him. Something more along those lines, maybe.

Great overall. Love the pace at which it flows. Keep it up!! :D

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:08 pm
Cpt. Smurf wrote a review...

Hi. I read up to the bit with the letters, I'll finish it later. Most things have already been discussed, so I would just like to mention one thing.

To me, Ron's letter seemed completely out of character. I know that Percy had a huge row with the rest of them and everything, but he was Ron's brother. I doubt that Ron would go on about how everyone is worried about Harry when his brother is dead. Surely that would be the first thing he would say. Something like:

"Dear Harry, Percy is dead. He was found... blah blah blah." In fact, the first part of the letter seems quite chatty and cheerful, and just doesn't seem like Ron's shocked or unhappy at all.

Also, Harry's reply was a bit weak. "Sorry about Percy." It just doesn't sound like he's sorry, even in a letter.

That was all that really bothered me, the rest was good, apart from the aforementioned stuff and the grammatical errors.

Looking forward to reading the rest,

Kaz

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:42 pm
LuckiestLoser wrote a review...

I really liked this. I think it read like the actual Harry Potter books. It made me want to keep reading more like Rowling does ever so well.

The only things I'll say is that, when you talk about Harry's scar, you mention how he is special twice and go in to the full history of voldemort and I agree with phorcys and elein, that, as this is the last book we would already know Harry's history and why he is special.

Also, I think the Weasleys and Harry could be a bit more upset that percy is dead. Don't get me wrong, it's a good plot twist and I know the Weasley's would try and put on a brave face for Harry, but I still think their greif would be just a little bit more obvious.

Other than that I loved it. Very very good.

Esmé says...

Okay, I mean it is your story after all, :) We can have different opinions, lol.

-elein

Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:52 pm
Leonheart says...

i disagree with some of yuor statements.

the thing when you comment on what is said during the letters. i don't see what needs correcting. see, in a letter, its written by someone. therefore, whether it is grammatically correct or not, it doesn't matter, they might not be grammatically correct themselves. i will change some things, but i do disagree with some of the things you said.

Esmé says...

Also, he's of age now? Why don;t you describe what he's feeling etc? Talk a bit more about Voldemort.

And, this is the beggining of book seven? JK Rowling always goes on abou the book before. Take Phorcys's suggestion and give him a nightmare, lol.

-elein

Esmé wrote a review...

Quote:
One, solitary bird, an owl, flew over the street, meandering over treetops and telegraph poles towards the second house, number four.
Ah, the ‘comma, number four’ phrase… Absolutely love this one, hehe. No comma after ‘one’.

Lol, I always use the mirror/reflection to describe my characters…

Quote:
The curse instead, had rebounded upon the caster, and Voldemort was forced to flee, barely alive.
Somehow I don’t like this sentence, though it’s probably perfectly fine. One thing though, no comma on the beginning. Eh, the reminding everyone of why HP is so special, lol.
No, I was wrong: caught something else. At one point you said that ‘he was, after all, a very special boy’ and then you say something in the like of that that wasn’t what made him so special… Also, I don’t like how you use ’special’ two times.

Quote:
Harry turned away from the mirror and rubbed the mark on his forehead gently, as it started to prickle as he thought about such events.
I don’t like how you used ‘as’ two times.

Quote:
He walked to the bird, who had taken a rest atop the wardrobe.
You can ‘take a rest’? Is that an English/American phrase? (If not, I’m not being ironic, I just don’t know)

Quote:
Harry relieved the owl of its burden, and carried it over to the cage containing his own owl, holding it inside and placing it near the water.
What? His own owl? (to the last part). Make a separate sentence out of that or just cut it off.

Quote:
You’ve not written to us in a few days, did you forget?
I think that the part after the comma should be made into another sentence, because it is a bit unclear the way it is now.

Quote:
So me and dad will be over at two, and we’ll apparate somewhere close to you, so it looks all muggle for your aunt and uncle.
You use ‘so’ two times. I would also make two sentences out of that one, though I don’t think that it’s SO necessary…

Quote:
The news shocked Harry a lot, after all, the most pompous member of the Weasley family was not in the order, and wasn’t close to anyone.
Because of the ‘after all’ I once again suggest splitting this into two or something. I know that I keep repeating this, but I have a habit of pointing this out in other peoples works as I myself have a problem with it.

Quote:
Sorry about Percy, two is fine.
Nothing wrong there, though (this is a plea) add o’clock especially for me, because at first I didn’t get it, hehe.

Quote:
There was no need for anything else, so he folded up the parchment and shoved his hand in the cage again, grabbing the small bird and pulling him out, hooting madly.
Unclear sentence alert. Harry was hooting madly? Once again - split this. HP ‘grabbed’ the owl? Ouch. And it might just be me, but what is the ‘no need for anything else’? What exactly does it relate too/mean? Reread this, at least the part about HP

Quote:
The small bird dropped a few feet, before regaining composure and flying away the way it came.
No need for the comma.

Quote:
With seven hours to go until he was being picked up
‘he was going to be picked up’?

Quote:
As he worked, the mess on the floor lessened slowly, but the trunk became as messy, if not more, as all the things were thrown unceremoniously into it and left to find their own comfortable resting place within it.
Wow, a lengthy sentence, isn’t it? You repeat ‘as’ and ‘mess’.

Quote:
Checking for any last items, he grabbed a long piece of wood from the table and shoved it in his back pocket, not wanting to leave the room without his wand.
Uhm, regarding to a wand as ‘a long piece of wood’? Interesting, interesting… Lol

Quote:
He bent down again, and grabbed a thin cloak off the floor and draped it over his arm, and then reached for a broom that was propped against the side.
You have ‘and; two times but I suppose that is common in a lot of sentences. Still, this is my critique - I going to say that I hate repentance.

Quote:
The task he had just done could have been done much more easily with magic, and yet he had never realised he was of age for ten hours.
I contemplated on this sentence for a while. Seriously,. ‘Realized’ not ‘realized’ was all I got when it comes to something I;m sure of. The second part after the comma is sort of disrupting the flow. And HP seems to take the fact that he’s seventeen pretty easily. I’m sue Rowling would go on an on about it.

Quote:
I’m carrying my trunk down the stairs Uncle Vernon”
Comma before ‘Uncle’. Great scene, by the way! Awesome! Ah, abit down you use the ‘long piece of wood’ again. Lol. That’s just… uhm… interesting… Mail it to Rowling, if you ever do get her email, LOL.

Quote:
Harry simply said “I’m of age, I can do magic whenever I want to”
Full stop. Up there you have ‘say’ and then a bit down you have ‘said’.

Quote:
sitting on the bottom step like he was begging at a station.
‘As if’ instead of ‘like’? Though I still don’t know the difference between them, probably they’re exactly the same.

Quote:
He never heard the reply, as his eyes moved now past Mr Weasley, and fell instead on the person on the right, and his stomach hit the floor.
And, and, and, and.

Quote:
want to go then Harry?”
isn’t this supposed to start with a capital? You has something similar some way up, but as I wasn;t sure I didn’t point it up. -But now I think that it just looks weird the way it is.

Quote:
Harry continued to ignore the young girl, and instead talked to Ron
Tuh, yeah, Harry would ignore her. Uhum. Why, why, why, why are you making Ginny the one ‘attempting to get closer‘ etc?! Pouts*

Quote:
his checked his watch, and saw it was quarter past two.
He?

Quote:
“right, bit further into these woods, then we’ll apparate.”
Gave you quite a long review on what I think about this, lol.

Quote:
He picked the trunk up again and carried it a few trees into the small forest, then set it down again.
Go manual labor. He is of age, isn’t he? And Ginny’s watching ^_^

Okay, so that’s about it. In this story the style was very similar to Rowling’s, lol, though you shortened the description of why HP is so special. Good one. Also, I suggest that you make the letters italics. They’ll stand out more that way. The commas before ‘and’. I’m not ‘almost’ sure even, so I didn’t point them out. I have a feeling that they’re grammatically correct, but they disrupted the flow a little. -But that;s just my opinion. Generally, you did a very good job, even if you rushed thing. For HP, too much things happened in short time, lol. You rushed. Take your time. What else? Uhm, at the start Rowling didn’t use too much description, but in her latest books she does. I suggest you add a bit more of them. The part when HP used magic in front of Vernon was fantastic, make it a bit longer, Pretty please? And the Ginny thing, Harry is starting to irritate me at this point…

-elein

P.S. Give it some kind of title

Leonheart says...

a full review like what Adam gave would be very helpful...

amz333 says...

good story

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:57 pm
Swires wrote a review...

There is a lot of description in this paragraph, a lot of which is unnecessary and bogs down the flow of the piece. The bolded bit can all be gotten rid of because it isn’t adding anything to the story.

You have missed a comma – walking to the mirror, hanging on the wall.

Also it may read better “Sighing, he shut the window again before…” (the adverb quietly is unnecessary)

The old “reflection trick” – Truth be told I’ve read too many stories that have the main characters looking into a mirror in order to quickly rush into character description. Truth is, this is a fanfic, thus does not need too much description of the main character because we already know who he is.

Typical Rowlingism. Not necessarily a good one to lump backhistory into the first page but she always does it so I suppose it is excusable.

At the end of this you need a colon. Also “reaching” needs a capital as you started a new sentence.

Ron,
Sorry about Percy, two is fine.

Lol – typical harry.

Ok, the rest seems fairly well paced and uncluttered, it reads easily enough. Its this beginning you need to sort out as it’s a little bit of an info dump. You’ve dumped such a lot of back history in a tiny space we are unable to breath. Also you are over descriptive at the start. Apart from this, the rest of the story is fine. You may want to include a dark dream however to generate some interest in the conflict early on.

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson