z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Broadcasted

by LaughingHyena


Words, when spoken, last just seconds

Print can last a hundred years

Message boards to strangers beckon

Phone calls only to your ears

Mocking sneers may sting just slightly

Emails fester, ooze and bleed

Teasing laughs are taken lightly

Not so when retold on screens

Faceless punisher, at your keyboard

Say it to my face, I pray;

Spoken scars may heal with patience

Written wounds forever stay.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
530 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 530

Donate
Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:57 pm
View Likes
Renard wrote a review...



The use of language in this piece is very striking.
'Emails fester, ooze and bleed' = great imagery for the reader.
'Faceless punisher' = something tells me you feel very passionate about the ideas contained in this short piece.
It really packs a punch to read.

Great job.

:D




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 963
Reviews: 21

Donate
Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:52 pm
View Likes
Granger2291 wrote a review...



I like this, I think it perfectly captures the feeling people get when they have an experience with cyber-bullying. People act like it's no big deal and laugh it off like you can just delete things and be over it, but what's the first thing people say before someone uses the internet for the first time? "Everything you do is there forever."

As for my critiques:
The use of very little punctuation throws me off a bit. I feel like it should consistently bare or mild, but you sort of threw it at the last few lines.

I like the style and how it feels sort of detached (no real narrative, no specific language, etc.) if that's what you intended, it's good because it fits the tone of the poem really well.




User avatar
271 Reviews


Points: 414
Reviews: 271

Donate
Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:23 pm
View Likes
Gravity wrote a review...



This is a beautiful poem. I didn't think it was upbeat or lively at all. Cyberbullying and nasty comments online are a pretty serious thing. Ordinarily, the lack of punctuation would bug me. The thing is, you seem to be a professional "punctuation leaver-outer" because even without a lot of punctuation, you made this poem flow beautifully. I loved the rhyme. It didn't seem forced at all. I loved the central idea you incorporate of words vs. print. It really captured how mean comments and betrayal online can hurt more than words sometimes. You also disrupt the rhyme scheme once in the second to last line with the word "patience". Ordinarily, it would bug me. But again, you managed to make it flow perfectly. How long have you been writing poetry? You can't be a beginner because you disrupt the rhyme scheme and leave out punctuation but still manage to make this simple poem so amazing.




User avatar
50 Reviews


Points: 254
Reviews: 50

Donate
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:00 pm
View Likes
beeyaay wrote a review...



hello! beeyaay here for the review, actually, just call me bee!
firstly, the change of flow of this poem is quite interesting, not too much of emotion here (that may be personal).
punctuation; you use or rather lack of use of it, is reducing the liveliness here. it has a modern feel to it (which i didn't think much about in poems until this).
over all, this is pretty good, i have learned a few techniques from this so keep it up!





Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss