My Prologue

by Lantz, Samk642

This is my prologue for a book am working on called dragonstone i am posting this for you all to review please if you see anything i need to edit or change about my prologue say so the more reviews the better.

RippleGylf wrote a review...

Hello! Ripple here on this outstanding Review Day.

So, I really would have liked to read the prologue and critique it, but it seems to have vanished. Regardless, you asked for a review, and I would hate to disappoint, so I guess that I'll just review what you have here.

First off, it is definitely a run-on sentence. You could actually split it into three by just adding periods.

Secondly, there are quite a few grammatical errors besides the run-on sentence.

This is my prologue for a book am working on called dragonstone

There should be an "I" before "am."dragonstone" should be capitalized, and likely italicized to indicate that it is a title.
i am posting this for you all to review please

"i" should be capitalized, and maybe put a comma before "please."
if you see anything i need to edit or change about my prologue say so the more reviews the better.

"i" once again should be capitalized, there should be a comma before "say," and you need something to separate "so" and "the."

I think that's it as far as grammar goes. Otherwise, it concisely gets the point across; you wrote a prologue, you need reviews. I wish I could do more to help your prologue; "Dragonstone" sounds interesting. Keep writing!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:28 am
Samk642 says...

I can't wait to see it on here!!! (As we know each other in real life!)

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:52 pm
5kKitty wrote a review...

Hi, Lantz! You asked me to look at this earlier but I didn't really get time to review. Some of the sentences were run-ons but that's a simple fix. I have to edit run-on sentences all the time, so... you're not alone. Your book sounds amazing! Please PM me when more gets posted, in case I somehow don't see it. Can't wait to read more!

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm
erilea says...

Lantz, where's the prologue? I really want to see it... :D

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero