My Prologue

by Lantz, Samk642

This is my prologue for a book am working on called dragonstone i am posting this for you all to review please if you see anything i need to edit or change about my prologue say so the more reviews the better.

RippleGylf wrote a review...

Hello! Ripple here on this outstanding Review Day.

So, I really would have liked to read the prologue and critique it, but it seems to have vanished. Regardless, you asked for a review, and I would hate to disappoint, so I guess that I'll just review what you have here.

First off, it is definitely a run-on sentence. You could actually split it into three by just adding periods.

Secondly, there are quite a few grammatical errors besides the run-on sentence.

This is my prologue for a book am working on called dragonstone

There should be an "I" before "am."dragonstone" should be capitalized, and likely italicized to indicate that it is a title.
i am posting this for you all to review please

"i" should be capitalized, and maybe put a comma before "please."
if you see anything i need to edit or change about my prologue say so the more reviews the better.

"i" once again should be capitalized, there should be a comma before "say," and you need something to separate "so" and "the."

I think that's it as far as grammar goes. Otherwise, it concisely gets the point across; you wrote a prologue, you need reviews. I wish I could do more to help your prologue; "Dragonstone" sounds interesting. Keep writing!

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:28 am
Samk642 says...

I can't wait to see it on here!!! (As we know each other in real life!)

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:52 pm
5kKitty wrote a review...

Hi, Lantz! You asked me to look at this earlier but I didn't really get time to review. Some of the sentences were run-ons but that's a simple fix. I have to edit run-on sentences all the time, so... you're not alone. Your book sounds amazing! Please PM me when more gets posted, in case I somehow don't see it. Can't wait to read more!

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm
erilea says...

Lantz, where's the prologue? I really want to see it... :D

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee