z

Young Writers Society



A Cutter's Truth

by Ladyofthedeathroses


I no longer fear the idea of Hell Nor do I hope in Heaven A simple silver glint off a razorblade Is what I hope for As well as Fear It signals the end of one Nightmare And the Beginning of yet another Long Sleeves cover my scars A smile Hides my pain My razorblade , My saviour, my silver destroyer My blood my crimson tears, my bloody fears.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 5990
Reviews: 54

Donate
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:43 pm
silentpatronus wrote a review...



Howdy!

I’m going to review your work ☺

I’m not going to edit all the capital letters for you but there really are too many. They aren’t needed.

Okay, so the first thing I notice is the layout. It doesn’t really look like a poem more a paragraph. I’d suggest laying it out like this however you can adjust it to how you want. I’m also adding in punctuation as I feel it is necessary.


I no longer fear the idea of Hell;
Nor do I hope in Heaven.
A simple silver glint off a razorblade
Is what I hope for,
As well as fear
It signals the end of one nightmare
And the beginning of yet another
Long sleeves cover my scars;
A smile hides my pain.
My razorblade,
My saviour,
My silver destroyer,
My blood,
My crimson tears,
My bloody fears.


A simple silver glint off a razorblade

I think you mean ‘of’.

It’s actually pretty good if you take out your formatting and punctuation errors.

I hope this helps.




User avatar
116 Reviews


Points: 9869
Reviews: 116

Donate
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:06 pm
InfinityAndBeyond wrote a review...



Hi! I'll be reviewing your poem today :)

I like the emotion put behind your poem, it seems like a very personal and sensitive piece.
However, i suggest you split up your poem into a quatrain format to make it easier to read, it ruins the flow of your poem, as in some parts there's random capitals at the beginning of a sentence but there's not breaks between them so it's confusing. Make sure to read over your work so it makes sense to you.

It's quite a short piece so there's not much to say, but i'd have liked it to be longer, to see the depth in why you've completely lost hope in a heaven and have no fear of hell, due to the intensity of the cutting? What depressed the character so much to choose a razorblade as a saviour?

Overall a good poem, with plenty of potential just edit it and see how the poem works. Also add more to it, for more effect. Keep writing! hope i was of help to you.
If you want or need another review you can message me or something :)


- Infinity x






Thanks guys I will definitely try and expand it as well as split it up. Thanks for the review!




I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King