z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

do i splatter against the white bedspread in your room

by LadyBug


A/N: sometimes people ask me what my poems are about, as i normally write more about emotions than a specific event or experience. if i write about events then it's normally romanticized snippets of something that changed the way i view emotions. this is probably the closest i'll get to writing about a specific event in my life, which narrates an unstable relationship and how it has affected me, and then being in a healthy one and how hard it can be to relearn mindsets (this may make no sense but it does to me :) )<3 love y'all!!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
240 Reviews


Points: 16328
Reviews: 240

Donate
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:46 pm
View Likes
AkuRashomon wrote a review...



Hello there, @LadyBug! Oh, how I love your poems! I am sorry if this review/comment might have errors because I am writing this on my phone hihi. The A/N tells me that you write similarly to how I write as well. It is very fun and interesting to write about specific experiences but, to me, it feels more fun to write something way different from your experience. Because you get to explore different things. This is also very poetic, not gonna lie.

First impressions. This may be a short one but it is good that no matter how short your poem is, you have got to describe great types of emotions and it may seem very poetic that I had to read it twice. But then, I continued reading and I felt sad. You love this person but it feels like she is falling out of love with you. It makes me sad that you want to touch this person but you don't know her anymore. She doesn't want to be with you anymore.

Sad poems with this typewriter font are just so pleasing and beautiful, and lowercase letters. I like poems in lowercase letters because I feel like the writer who leaves it, is like telling people I wrote this naturally without thinking deeper. Maybe because of how I write as well. My brain doesn't compute when I write poems. Overall, it is great. Keep it up!

Have a good day/night! I am joining writing reviews with this race, yay!




User avatar
160 Reviews


Points: 12700
Reviews: 160

Donate
Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:10 pm
View Likes
Valkyria wrote a review...



Hello, I hope you're having a wonderful day! I'm here to leave a quick review on your lovely poem.

This is a very short poem, but it conveys a gut punch of emotions. Even without the author's note clarifying, you still show the message of the poem in a clear way. I've never been in a relationship before, so the finer details may be lost on me, but I interpret this poem as heartache after leaving a toxic relationship, as the narrator talks about the other girls who were probably hurt or will be hurt by the relationship.

I really like your use of no capitalization. To me, it seems like this broken relationship doesn't deserve proper capitalization. I also like the touch of the cursor at the end.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this poem!





You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus