Pack of Lies (Ch. 1, pt. 2)

by Kyuubi

They say you get to know someone when they're about to die. Sometimes I wish that wasn't so but of course it's true. I have killed many times but never have I witnessed such revulsion as when I killed my friend....

I sat there in the office. The chair beneath me was getting uncomfortable, lumpy, and a pain in the butt, literally. The yellowish walls seemed to close in around me and the fine hair on the back of my neck bristled. Something was wrong and I didn't like it.

"Okay, Lloyd, he's ready to see you," A grizzled old woman stood up from behind one of the desks. She must have seen better days, I thought to myself.

I got up and shot another boy deathly glare. He scurried away. I grabbed the handle on the door and pushed in.The door squeaked on its hinges.

"Sit down," the principle gestured towards the chair next to Dan. I quickly sat. The hair bristled again. I was not liking this. Sweat beaded on both the principle's and Dan's head. It was a fearful sweat. I could smell it. It wasn't just a scent, this premeated the air with a pungent, sickly smell. I wrinkled my nose.

"Dan has told me quite a bit about you, Lloyd. And something he said I know to be quite untrue."

A knot formed in the bottom of my gut. I felt sick. I wanted out.

"He said you have a...condition. He said you were a werewolf. I laughed but he seemed pretty adament about it. So, just to humor him, are you?" he said folding his hands on the desk in front of him.

"Why would you think that? They have been not been around for nearly 200 years. They were all exterminated," I said leaning forward. My teeth growing to fangs and my right arm growing fur and claws. Dan looked down and spotted this transformation. He gasped. I dug a claw into his thigh and twisted it. He let out a scream.

"But, for a curious reason, what would you do if I told you I was one?" I clicked my fangs and ignored the scream. The principle backed his chair against the wall. His mouth hung open.

"You seem stunned," I said leaning in even closer. I yanked my claw out. Dan was white in the face. And cold. I dragged him out of his chair and swmung him over my shoulder. He was lighter than I had thought. I dropped my bookbag. A secretary was at the door and banging on it.

"What's going on? I heard a scream!" She continued to bang on the door.

"Get out of the way!" I yelled through the door. She backed off pretty quick.. I opened the door with my free hand and strode into the office again bearing Dan across my shoulders. Blood dripped onto the white carpet from both my claws and his leg.

"Move," I growled to a girl who was in the doorway. Her mouth fell open at the sight of the pair of us.

"Hey call them!" I heard that from the principle's office. I just simply walked out into the halls hefting my baggage. The halls started to swarm with students and teachers alike due to the screaming. Whispering and gasping could be heard. Along with a few screams.

It had started to rain and that slicked the ground. It caused everything to be darker in color. The trees seemed to let off their scents. I could smell the forest. The evergreens and firs and cedars always had their own smells. I made my way toward the wonderous trees.

It took about 10 minutes to finally get into the trees and tie Dan with a combination of thin stripes of bark and other assorted debris. He had passed out since I carried him. And Ambulances could be heard. Along with Police. No matter, I thought, I'll be done.

Dan stirred. I noticed him wincing as he tried to move.

"Well, well. You told them and now everyone knows. Why did you do it, Dan?" I asked getting close to his face. My fangs clicked.

"Leave me alone!" He shrieked, "I'll never tell anyone again! I swear!"

"Why Dan? Tell me why!"

"I hate your kind, okay? I hate them. My ancestors were part of the group you're kind killed. My grandparents were killed last year from them!"

Those words stung. He's always hated me, I thought.

"Well you won't have to for much longer," I said growing my claws again. I dug them into his gut and ripped. His eyes bulged and then he stared at me with sorrow in his eyes. I felt sorry for him.

He didn't want to die. I had to kill him though to keep what little I had a secret. I left his corpse on the ground. The trees around me seemed to melt away as I ran. I had transformed fully and I was at home in the forest. My white fur seemed to stand out. So did my blue eyes. I had nearly cleard the forset when I heard a howl from behind me.

I had turned around to see a small pack coming from the direction of my murder. Two small black wolves and large reddish brown one.

"Well, hello there," The large one said, smirking.

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet