Sunday

by Kale

Once upon a sunlit dream,
I wandered through fields of whipped cream
with maraschino poppy blankets.
A chocolate stream dried up when I drank it
as sprinkles showered from a rainbow
that dipped out of sight as I paid no
heed to the swat that killed me—

Sundays make for strange dreams.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:49 am
Mysticalxx wrote a review...

I LOVE this! It's so short, cute, funny, jokey, amusing! (Wow, so many adjectives). It's really good, I especially like the second line : I wandered through fields of whipped cream". Yum :D and also the last line. You seem to have a unique sense of humour, from what I can see form your works. And yet you can be serious too, if you want. :)

Keep it up!

Kale says...

Thanks again for all the reviews.

I haven't been able to write anything serious for a while. Almost all the things I write nowadays are so silly, but silly things are important too, and I'm glad others enjoy them so much. Otherwise they wouldn't be as fun to write.

Wed May 27, 2015 2:49 am
Snoink says...

Sundays just fly by way too fast, don't they? ;)

You misspelled the title, by the way. :P

I like the rhyme. It was fun. I like the description of delicious ice cream. Yum! But man. The pun was pretty awful. :P

fantasydragon01 says...

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I really enjoyed this poem. It is nice, sweet, and has a ring to it. I ca relax on Sundays, (probably dream strange dreams).
Good luck and keep writing!
Very truly yours,
fantasydragon01.

elcuidador says...

This made me smile xD I see what you did there. Nice one.

Rosendorn says...

You and your puns.

I have nothing else to say. Just. Puns.

Kale says...

I can't believe no one else commented upon it yet. I wonder if they all missed it.

Mea says...

...I can't believe I missed that.

Fri May 22, 2015 11:36 am
sagnik wrote a review...

this poem is great, i too have such childish dream on sundays. sundays are really the sun's day or the day of light brightlight of our life. the childish way you presented even made my mouthy watery. i love the kindegarden approach and the sweet use of words or rather desetrs. a delecious work.haa! just joking . its ausome congrats on a good work.

Kale says...

Thanks for all the praise, and I'm happy that you could relate so well. It's nice to know that even silly poems (which are the only kinds I seem to be writing lately) can reach people.

Fri May 22, 2015 10:01 am
LauraThomas wrote a review...

Woah :D
I love this poem, it completely took me by surprise. It's clever how you started it off being cheerful, which made me assume that the rest would be. It wasn't until the second to last line that I realised the depth of it, and after rereading it, I began to understand the concept even more. It was really interesting reading from the point of view of a fly, especially as the point of view was not revealed until the end. Truly awesome poem, I hope you keep writing :D

-Laura :D

Kale says...

I'm glad you found this so clever. I thought it was clever too, but you know how sometimes you think you're being clever but you're really not? It's nice to know I avoided that. :3

Thu May 21, 2015 11:40 pm
EccentricRose says...

This poem was fun and upbeat! Thank-you for posting it for us to read.

The dream was rather strange, which makes perfect sense. I've never had a dream that made sense. lol My favorite rhyming words that you used was "blanket" and "drank it". Very creative!

Great job! = )

~Rose

Kale says...

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

I thought the blanket/drank it combo was a stroke of brilliance myself. ;P

Thu May 21, 2015 6:15 pm
CatInTheShower wrote a review...

Really makes me think about the desserts I've enjoyed, and the smaller "people" who enjoyed them before me! It's cute, humorous and flows well from one line to the next. I love the idea captured in the poem and one technique I quite like is the way that some lines run into the next, truly conveying the fly's motion around the room! A poem that made me laugh and yearn for sweet stuff! Well done!

Kale says...

Thanks for all the praise, and I'm glad you enjoyed this.

Thu May 21, 2015 5:50 pm
Deleted4 says...

Haha, this just made my day! Nice to know I'm not alone in my weird and random dreams, it's simple, sweet and reminds me of sunshine, nice:)

Kale says...

Thanks for the lovely comments. Glad you enjoyed the poem.

Weird and random dreams are the best.

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec