we live once by Kungu J. Opondo 2023

by Kungu042

WE LIVE ONCE…

It is high time we human beings we embrace humanity, John S. Mbiti (1995) once said, “I am because WE are and, since we are, therefore I am.” Based on the above locution by John S. Mbiti,sometimes it is true to say that when you destroy someone’s life with lies; take it as a loan it will riposte. In 21st C with advancement in technology, education… we should be kind and magnanimous. Furthermore life is like a hot bathe, it feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay the more wrinkled you get. Life is so ironic to understand fully, it takes sadness to know happiness, noise to distinguish silent and a broken heart to find true love. I strongly believe and agree that our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela once talked about pride, bitterness, greed and despair… “When you are at the top, be careful of the monster called pride since pride will make you look down on the people who haven’t attained your level of success. When you are at the bottom, be careful of bitterness, it will make you jealous and think that other people are the reason you have not made it.”

BY KUNGU J. OPONDO (2023)

#KUNGUMASSIVE

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:30 am

Hi there Kungu, a quick one from me today!

I agree with Elsinore that it would be useful to have more context for this in terms of what you're trying to achieve in order to give a more helpful review. This feels very short, but could form the premise of a longer essay perhaps?

I would give thought about the point you're trying to make, and have each paragraph clearly support that point. I like that you've included quotes and references them, but feel they would be more powerful if the overall angle of this piece was more overt.

Hope this was helpful.

Icy

Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:23 am
Elsinore wrote a review...

Hello! So, I don’t really know how to feel about this piece. I can’t tell if it needs work or if I’m just not getting it? It kind of reads like something written for a school project, and if that’s the case, I don’t know what parameters you were working within but this might be a fitting submission for a specific assignment. Having said that, as someone who doesn’t know the context, I was left a bit confused and unsatisfied. I’m not entirely sure how to classify this piece or what I think of it, since it’s so short that it feels flimsy and unsubstantial. I would recommend expanding on the ideas in a longer and more formal essay. Nevertheless, good job!

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief