z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

"Cirque du Soleil"

by Kubo


Sunny days aren't meant to stay.
Even rainy ones eventually go away;

Life is full of interludes,
An ever-changing scene.
A performance that gives birth to a place,
Full of dreams.

But...

Sun or rain, there are clouds in the way.
Every day is the same.
Everything tastes plain.
Tell me, am I going insane?
Tell me, why should I stay?

No reason...

If only,
To repeat the play.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
82 Reviews


Points: 923
Reviews: 82

Donate
Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:58 pm
View Likes
Ley wrote a review...



Hiya! Ley here to review.<3

First impressions... I loooooved this poem! I'm a sucker for finding relations between anything and life-- and this hit the nail right on the head! I was super impressed with your ability to take a topic, and conjure an amazing poem-- and relate it to the cycle of life. :D

When I was reading this I felt... Nostalgic, for some reason? I also felt kind of fuzzy if that makes sense? Like I'm in a simulation. The themes you presented here make the reader believe they're going through the cycle every day as well!

My favorite line/quote is...

If only,
To repeat the play.


I chose these two lines because they were the perfect choices for the end of this poem! It leaves the reader to reflect on what they got from this piece. Wonderful choice of words here.

Some things I would change would be... Nothing! I couldn't find any grammar mistakes here, and the dynamic of the poem as well as the format are on point.

Overall... This was a wonderful read! Thank you for sharing <3

With Love,
Leya




Kubo says...


Heyo!

Well, all these kind comments, like yours, make me smile! I am happy to see you enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading and sharing your comment. I could really feel the energy behind your words!

Have a good day/night.
Kubo



User avatar
974 Reviews


Points: 13
Reviews: 974

Donate
Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:36 pm
View Likes
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



Hello there, human! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Let us commence with the reviewing!

Top Graham Cracker - A poem that questions the meaning of every day and the true purpose of living. A poem that asks: Is it all the same?

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - I like this poem! I have an idea, though: Maybe some circus imagery to go with it all being a show? But it’s just an idea. This poem is still really good. :>

Chocolate Bar - I like how the poem seems to have a balance between the good and the bad, as though it all didn’t mean a thing when it came to the end. Life can feel like a circle most of the time, with the same thing happening during different times.

Closing Graham Cracker -A Merry-Go-Round of spiraling thoughts and questions, all never thought to be answered. I have enjoyed reading this.

I wish you an amazing day/night!




Kubo says...


Hello!

Thank you very much for this really nice review!

You're probably right; it could use some circus imagery.
Honestly, I tried, by using some words that incline the reader to imagine life as an act or play, like a real theater could! Therefore, the use of words like "performance," "play," and "scene". While I let the reader find their own meaning behind it, I see the phrase "a place full of dreams." as a famous quote used in many magic acts or movies.

And you totally hit the spot; I wanted to give the reader this feeling of a repeating cycle!

I really appreciate your comment!

I wish you a nice day or night as well.



User avatar
71 Reviews


Points: 6514
Reviews: 71

Donate
Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:24 am
View Likes
Youbeaucupid wrote a review...



Hii Kubo! Cupid here! first of all, welcome to Yws glad to see another new writer here haha! I have a short review for you :D

So first off, your poem beautifully captures the highs and lows of life, in a concise and relatable manner. I really enjoy the contrasting imagery of sunny and rainy days, along with the transient nature of these experiences, you truly conveyed the nature of happiness and sadness.

And, since I'm a sucker for repetition~ certain phrases, such as "Sun or rain" and "Tell me," adds such beautiful emphasis and creates a really nice rhythmic tone. also, in the poem the questioning tone that's set (Correct me if I'm wrong-) expresses a sense of disillusionment and uncertainty, with the nature of life. In the final lines you have a such a melancholic undertone, suggesting kind of a sense of repetition and longing for something more.

Overall, Kubo, Your poem was very well written and also a personal fav now haha!

Thank you for sharing! Keep on writing young poet.

Fly high writer, Cupid.




Kubo says...


Hey!

Oh, thanks a lot for your very kind review and the warm welcome!
I'm very happy you can see what i wanted to capture with the poem, it means a lot.

Thanks again!
Kubo




If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White