Reencarnacion

by Khalzreenism

I need more seconds
I need more minutes
more time,

I need more because everything is less
I need to be more desperate,

I need to catch more false hopes and more cautios because there will be more lies,

I need more heartbreak to be felt that could turned me into madman as the madness will make losing my mind,

I need to lose more, and believed in more empty promises

I'll be needing more liquor, beer & cocaine as a get away from the world that force me to stay alive

and in the end I'll come out as a writer because no writer ever working their literacy in peace

In a way,everyone is a writer

and every writers suffer from different war.

Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:01 am
TimelessMage wrote a review...

I love this piece, especially the last line "and every writers suffer from different war". Overall, I would say that this piece is still in its design stages. Things like the line "and in the end I'll come out as a writer because no writer ever working their literacy in peace" and "I need more heartbreak to be felt that could turned me into madman as the madness will make losing my mind," really throw of the rhythm, making the reader stop and re-read it due to the tense and grammar changes going on. Once polished, this piece will really shine, but right now, needs a lot of work.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:11 pm
julia002 wrote a review...

The way I see this poem is the writer feels they need to experience more tragic things in order to be interesting and creative. I really relate to this. It's like hoping for terrible things to happen to you, and purposely making horrible decisions, simply because it will add to the plot of your own story, your own life. I find myself doing this, daydreaming of certain tragedies that could happen to me. Not only to be more "interesting and creative" but to feel something, feel anything. It seems bad feelings have so much more emotional gain than good ones. The writer just wants more of everything, and they feel that the world is forcing them to survive. They just want to feel something to get away from that feeling.
I liked this poem, the structure of it was interesting, definitely reflects how thoughts go in someone's mind in real-time.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:48 pm
ariah347 wrote a review...

Hey there! First off, I love your avatar image - so cool! This poem's structure is interesting! I'm entirely sure if it is deliberate or not, but it adds to the overall tone of the passage. The repetition of "I need more..." heightens the yearning and slow descent, despite the fighting, into the internal struggle. The section between the line "I need more because everything is less" to the "I need to more false hopes" line really shows great contrast and desperation. Especially in today's world, it is hard to know what to believe, and with so many unprecedented times, many I'm sure, can relate to these analogies. I really like how this builds, and the structure adds to it. Internal struggles, like those described here, build to breaking points sometimes, and we can get so full of despair that we will lean on anything just to feel some relief. With such coping mechanisms that you listed, it really reflects how low this internal struggle has become. People often use these sorts of things as a way to escape reality and self-medicate. I like how the incorporation then transitions to talking about writing. I forget who said it, but they basically compared genius with madness. It takes some level of madness to be creative geniuses. The best art is created as a refuge during difficult times and is the best coping mechanism. If this comes from personal experiences and thoughts, I wish you sobriety and peace. Overall, I really enjoyed this and find it a great reflection on what it means to be human. Yeah, it's not always fun, but how blessed and equally cursed we are to have the consciousness to feel. Take care wherever you are in the world!

I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola