The Story of My Life (Ch.1)

by Kelsi222

Hey!! I had this story before but I fixed it up and re-named it, so I hope it is better! Please R&R

I stood there in the Director Elsie Wilds office. Frozen in time. I couldn't move, the words she said to me just stuck like crazy glue in my mind. I new what they meant but I couldn't comprehend them for the life of me. I just collapsed into a ball on the red leather sofa as tears and grief overwhelmed my small body . She could not be dead.

My mother. Former secret service member turned into FBI agent. She couldn't be. I took bits and pieces for information from the Director and another agent I new as Special Agent Steve Mitchell. I didn't pay attention to much of it. I knew when they called me from school, had a black SUV pick me and drive me to the Head Quarters something was wrong. I had this horrible lurching feeling in my stomach since lunch time. All I needed to hear was she was dead and that's all. I didn't care for the details, nor could I handle them at the moment.

I heard a sniper bullet. One bullet took out what I thought was my in-destructive mother, Special Agent Angelina Moss. Then I heard the word trail. They didn't even know who took the only person I had left away from me and they were talking about a trail?

"Amelia, Amelia honey please say something". She sat next to me and put her small arm around my shoulders. I looked up at her with puffy red eyes with smeared black make-up. She brushed my tears away as she hugged me."It's going to me okay. Were going to find who did this and were going to take care of you. Don't worry."

I nodded to it but all I was thinking was, catch who did this? I didn't really cared who did it, sure I would like to look the bastard in the eyes and ask him what my mother did to piss him off so much that he had to shot her. And don't worry? My mom was all I had left. I had no clue where my father was and I didn't have anymore family. I was going to end up in foster care. Great, who is going to want to adopt a 16 almost 17-year-old teen? Yeah um NO ONE!

Everything was coming at me at one time. Then, something snapped inside my head and I just jumped up from the sofa and ran. I ran out of her office, down the stairs, into the bullpen where other agents my mother had worked with all my life looked at me as I ran sympichathical. It felt like I wasn't moving, like I was stuck there. I finale made it to the stair case as I pulled the heavy red door and ran down them and out the front door. I collapsed again on the hot black pavement letting out screams and cries of grief and angry.

I stayed there for what felt like hours. Just hoping that if I waited there long enough, my mom would come back. I know it is silly. But I want her to to come back to much. I miss her so much already.

As I slammed the pavement with both fists and I pushed myself off the ground I began to think. My mother wouldn't want me like this. She new I was brave. I know I'm brave and tough. I can handle this. Okay, I can try and handle this the best I way I can. I have too, I do not have any other choice.

Pressing my back against the side of the tall glass like building as I breathed in the cool spring air trying to calm myself down before I went back in there. I did not want to face them. With all there "I'm so sorry for your lose". I hate that. Not that it's a load of bull, but I just don't like looking up in their sad faces and say "thank-you" or explaining how I feel. I simply hate it. I knew these agents my entire life. They have always been there for me when ever I need anything. Alexis Nickel, Steven Mitchell, Michale Thomas, Jim Stokes and of course Dr. Jonathan Mallered. I loved them all like my own family. It was just mom and myself, so these five people took the missing places.

A few minute's later I built up the courage to go in. As I stepped out of the elevator onto their floor I saw them all huddle up. The lab tech, Alexis Nickel, who was also one of my mom's closet's friend ran over to me and gave me the biggest hugs. I hugged her back as I sobbed into her shoulder.

"I don't know what to say". Alexis whispered into my ear.

"It's okay. Neither do I". I said back. All I really needed was comfort. Not words. In reality know words could fix this or make me feel better. I didn't want people to try and make me feel better. They know they can't, so why bother trying?

Alexis released her embrace as she smiled her beautiful crystal white smile at me. "Your strong kiddo, just like your mom". She kissed my forehead and walked away over to Steven.

Johnny came over to me next. Wise old Dr. Jonathan Mallered had seen pretty much everything, so he is the easiest to relate to. He walked over and took my hand. "My dear child, your mother died in honor, never, never let anyone every tell you other wise, okay?" I nodded wearily. "You know, your like a grand-daughter I never had. So even though you mother is gone, always come back here okay?" Again I nodded and I gave him a hug.

I hugged the rest of the team and took their words of comfort. Then when know one was looking I stepped into the elevator and sunk down onto the cool floor waiting to get into the autopsy room where my mothers lifeless body lay.

I got down there and the drown marked "Angelina Moss". I walked to the front and pulled the silver door open, haling out the metal slab then pulling back the white sheet that covered her face. She seemed so peaceful, like she was taking one of her middle of the day cat naps. I pulled up a metal stool and sat next to the table. I took her hand as I started to cry uncontrollable. "Why did you have to leave me?" I said starring down at her. I was pretty bad, I was talking to a dead body. But I couldn't leave. It was like I was stuck to the chair. In my heart, I didn't want to leave. I knew once I did leave, I'll never see her face again.

No more making cookies at midnight when she had a bad day at work. No more waking up a six in the morning to hear her singing badly to a corny pop song in the shower (though I'd never tell her that!). Life as I knew it for me was over. I don't know how to go on. But I know I am strong, so I'll make it through this, even if it kills me.

Probably about an hour later I heard the elevator door spring open. I turned around suddenly, only to find Agent Jim Stokes standing there. I turned around quickly, so he didn't see my tears, but of course, he saw everything. He came up beside me and pulled the white sheet back over my mothers head and pushing her and the slab back into the drow.

"She wouldn't want you to be like this Amelia", he said to me. But I didn't care. I let out a sob as I turned to look at him. His aged face looked kind and gentle, but I looked at it with hatred.

"You know what Agent Stokes, I don't really care how she would of wanted me. She is dead and....and.....and.....". My sentence trailed off into loud cries and sobs. He hugged me tightly as I let every tear I had left in me out on his navy blue jacket.

A few moments later I re-gained composer. "I'm so scared" I said to him, still hugging him.

"I know sweetie. I know. And you know what? It's okay to be like that. Because some days the world and god is going to kick your ass hard down on the ground. And your probably going to have to fight like hell to get back up. But I know what kind of child Angelina raised, and I know you can make it through this". He kissed the top of my blond head.

"Thanks Jimmy. But I'm just so scared about facing it by myself".

"Your not by yourself" he said before we got back into the elevator back up to the main floor.

*******

Around 8:00 that night I jumped into the back seat of Elsie's car. She had invited me into her home until everything was straighten out. We pulled up at the brass gates as she swiped a plastic card to open them. As I stepped out of the BMW I saw the most beautiful and elegant structured house I had seen in my entire life. I had no idea she lived this way. She popped the trunked as she helped me life out my XOXO luggage bags and up the winding stairs to her front door. I stepped in and I saw the most elegant marble stairs in the world. We walked up the elegant stairs and into the guest bedroom. I was painted a gorgeous dark purple with a white flower design along the middle of the wall. The was a huge closet and a wooden hand crafted dresser and amour.

I circled around the room with one of my bags in my hand amazed of the beauty. Elsie came to the door. "I thought you might like it" she said smiling her own crystal white smile.

"Yes I do. Thank- you" I replied back to her smiling.

"Your welcome sweetie. Now you can just leave your bags on the floor. Get changed for bed. I know you had a hard day. I hate to tell you this, but tomorrow is going to be even harder." I sighed and lowered my head, trying to hold back my tears. I looked back up at her with tears in my brown eyes. "I know" I said quietly. She came over and hugged me.

"Everything going to turn out okay, you'll see. Life gets better quicker then you think. Good night".

I smiled "Night Elsie".

I opened on of my bags and haled out an over sized FBI t-shirt my mother had given me. It reminded me of her so I wore it that night. I pulled back the ivory sheets and crawled into the bed. I lowered my head and as soon as I did I started to cry, muffled by my pillow so Elsie couldn't hear me.

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna