z

Young Writers Society



Finding You, part 2

by Kelsi222


Hey, here is part 2! Please read and then tell me what you think!! Thanks!

“So she just took off?” questioned Mr. Molloy, Max and Sam’s father.

“Yeah, with Colby running after her. It’s funny, I thought I knew all of Colby’s ex’s.” Sam replied while pouring himself a cup of coffee.

“I’ll have a cup of that too please Sam.” Anna said. Sam poured her a cup and she took a quick sip before saying “Is Colby Lily’s father? Or do you guy’s not know?” she asked the family. Max shook his head.

“Her ex-boyfriend, Mike is Lily’s dad. We all hate him.” Max replied. Anna nodded and continued to drink her steaming cup of coffee.

“They broke up? Really, when?” Asked Mr. Molloy.

“Like maybe a week ago. I figured that’s why she is here to get away from him.” Max answered.

“So does anyone know what he did to make her leave him” Anna asked, quite interested in Maria’s life.

“Nope, I have no clue, she said she will tell me later.” Max replied.

“Yeah, and I really want to know how she knows Colby.” Mr. Molloy said.

“Yeah dad, join the club.” Sam said.

“Maybe we could call her and tell her to come down, and explain, if she wants, I could take Lily down the road to the park.” Anna suggested. The men nodded in agreement.

“I’ll call her,” said Max.

Maria had arrived at her hotel room and had ordered some room service for Lily and her to eat. It had arrived and she was about to pay the man that had delivered it when her cell phone rang.

“Sorry, hold on a moment” she said to the tall white man. He nodded. She grabbed her Rumor of the white bedspread and pressed talk.

“Hello?” she said as she handed the man the money for the food.

“Maria? Hi, its Max, are you busy?” Max asked over the other line.

“Just about to eat why? What’s up? Wondering about Colby and me?”

“If I said yes, would you hit me?” That was there inside joke they had.

“No Max, I’ll be there in about 20 minutes, okay?” Maria said to him.

“Sounds good, and Anna said she can take Lily to the park if you want.”

“Yes, that would be better. Tell her I said thanks. And tell her I am sorry for being rude and just pushing past her early.” Maria replied.

“Don’t worry, she understands.”

“Okay Max, see you in a few. Bye”

“Bye Maria!” Max said and the call was disconnected.

“Lily honey, come in and have your grilled cheese. We are going over to Max’s house, and Anna is going to take you to the park! Okay?” Maria said calling out to her child.

“Yeah mom, that sounds fun!” Lily said happily.

“Okay baby, now hurry up and eat.”

Within ten minutes, Lily was finished eating and they were ready to go.

“Okay honey, hold my hand while were walking to the car” Lily just nodded and took her mothers hand. Maria buckled Lily up and they were off to Max’s house that he shared with his father.

When they arrived Anna was waiting for them on the doorstep. She waved to both of them as Maria pulled the SUV into the driveway, behind Sam Mustang.

“Hey there!” Anna said sweetly.

“Hi Anna, I apologizes for being so rude early. I’m Maria and this is Lily.” Lily waved at Anna and smiled, and Anna did the same.

“Don’t worry Maria! It’s good to finally meet you! You ready to go Lily?”

“Yes! Bye mommy!” Lily said hugging her.

“Bye sweet heart! Behave for Anna.” Lily just nodded and took Anna’s hand and they were off.

Maria made her way up the few concrete steps that led to the Molloy’s front door. She still remembers losing her two front teeth from falling on those very steps. She smiled at the memory. When she arrived at the front door, Mr. Molloy greeted her with a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“It’s so good to see you my sweet heart. You look beautiful!”

“Thank you Alan, it’s good to see you too!” Maria replied to the aged man.

“Now, I hear the boys have many questions for you, I do not have to be around if you do not want me to be.” That is why Maria loved Alan; always making sure it’s what she wants to do.

“No no Alan, if I can tell Max and Sam, I can tell you okay?”

“Okay my dear” Alan said smiling back at her. He ushered her in the front door and yelled out to his sons, who were talking in Max’s bedroom.

“Boys! She’s here!”

“Coming dad!” Both boy’s yelled in union as they came racing down the stairs for more hugs.

After hugs and coffee was passed around, they all settled in the living room. Max was of course the first to ask the “burning question”.

“I’m sorry Maria, but I have to ask, how do you know Colby?”

Maria sighed. “It’s okay, don’t be sorry, I’ll explain.” She laid her coffee mug down of the wooden table in front of her and took in a deep breath.

“Okay. Five years ago, I was deployed to Afghanistan with my unit to help and relieve another unit that had suffered some major blows. When I arrived everything was fine, well it was the Middle East, so it was as fine as it could be. But one day we were all just having a day playing basketball when an American unit came in. They had many wounded soldiers and they needed some assistance. And in that unit was Colby.”

She pause and took another sip of her coffee as all three men listen very closely to her story. “I fell in love with him from the second I saw him. Stupid right? Falling in love in hell with a man that could be blown away at any moment, but it’s me! So anyways their unit was there for not even a month and in those few weeks Colby and myself became inseparable. I loved him, well I do still love him, and I though he loved me.” She stopped again.

“What happened next?” Asked Sam.

“I got shot. Our camp was invaded and I got a bullet an inch away from my knee. Colby was there with me the entire way. But we both knew I’d be sent home. So the night before I was, he told me he loved me with all of his heart. He told me to write him, and when I got sent home he’d come and find me.” Tears were starting to form in her eyes now.

“So I gave him my address, and I promised I would write him. I did twice, and he never responded. And after a year of nothing, I just assumed he died. His parents did not know about me and neither did his sergeant, so how could I know. And he told me that he loved me and that he would find me when he got sent home.” Tears were streaming down her face and Sam was holding her and she finished.

“So, I though he was dead. That the man I loved was dead. And then when Sam said that’s who was at your door, I freaked, I had no idea what to say to him. So I ran. And I hate him for what he put me through, but I still love him with all my heart.” She was now balling.

“Oh my god Maria, I had no idea” Sam said still holding her close as she cried. Max rubbed her back and Mr. Molloy just held her hands. She cried for the next few minutes. Finally she stopped and looked at the three.

“Thank you guys for listening. And Sam, don’t tell Colby I told you any of this okay?” Maria asked.

“Of course I wont baby.” He said kissing her forehead. She whipped her eyes from her tears and stood up, attempting to smile.

“Now, would you three lovely men lead me to the playground where Sam tried to kiss me in?” She asked laughing at Sam.

“Hey, that was our secret!” Sam said laughing.

“Oh, it’s been almost 20 years!” Maria replied.

“All right children, lets go and let me see my substitute grand baby! These two aren’t giving me any, so if anyone asks, Lily is my grandchild!” Alan announced to them.

“Whatever you say Alan!” Maria said back.

As they were walking out the door, Max pulled her aside and asked her “you sure your okay Maria, I know that must have been really hard?”

“I’ll never get over him, but I can live” she replied walking out the front door, following Sam and Alan to the playground


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 2174
Reviews: 59

Donate
Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:33 pm
jessie2009 wrote a review...



Hi. I really like your story. just found a couple of mistakes.

“Sorry, hold on a moment” she said to the tall white man. He nodded. She grabbed her Rumor off the white bedspread and pressed talk.


The of should be turned into a off.

“Just about to eat why? What’s up? Wondering about Colby and me?”


I think you need to break this up. It sounds a little bit funny.


When they arrived Anna was waiting for them on the doorstep. She waved to both of them as Maria pulled the SUV into the driveway, behind Sam's Mustang


It should be Sam's Mustang, not Sam Mustang.

[quote]“It’s so good to see you my sweet heart. You look beautiful!”[/quote]

"It's good to see you, my sweetheart. ......(the rest)

you need a comma after you.

“Thank you Alan, it’s good to see you too!” Maria replied to the aged man.


"Thank you, Alan, ...(the rest).."

You need a comma after Thank you.

“No no Alan, if I can tell Max and Sam, I can tell you okay?”

"No, no, Alan,..(the rest..).."

Comma after each NO.

“Okay my dear” Alan said smiling back at her. He ushered her in the front door and yelled out to his sons, who were talking in Max’s bedroom.


"Okay, my dear,"(the rest)....

You need a comma after Okay and my dear.

[quote]“Oh my god Maria, I had no idea” Sam said still holding her close as she cried. Max rubbed her back and Mr. Molloy just held her hands. She cried for the next few minutes. Finally she stopped and looked at the three.[/quote]

"Oh my god, Maria, (the rest...).....

You need a comma after Oh my god.

“Of course I wont baby.” He said kissing her forehead. She whipped her eyes from her tears and stood up, attempting to smile.


"Of course I won't, baby. (The rest..)

You need a ' after won. And a comma after won't.


“Whatever you say Alan!” Maria said back.


"What ever you say, Alan!(the rest).....

You need a comma after say.

As they were walking out the door, Max pulled her aside and asked her “you sure your okay Maria, I know that must have been really hard?”


"You(the rest)....

Capitalize the Y.

“I’ll never get over him, but I can live” she replied walking out the front door, following Sam and Alan to the playground


"(beginning)....... but I can live, (the rest)....

You need a comma after live.

I really like this!! It's so good. Glad you wrote more.

--jessie.




User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 49

Donate
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 am
Kelsi222 says...



Thank you so much! It means a lot!




User avatar
489 Reviews


Points: 17895
Reviews: 489

Donate
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:02 am
Dreamwalker wrote a review...



alright, well at this moment in time i do not have a chance to fully critique this work so im just going to say what i thought XP sorry.

well anyways, this was very good, in fact i found it quite catching. the storyline is sad but interesting and this colby character does sound kind of interesting.

i like how you explain her feelings towards things and i like how there this thing going on between her and sam. i would love to read more into it.

also i liked the use of mr. molloy for sam and max's father at the beginning. it was cute.

basically, overall, i definitly enjoyed this. i'll try to find it again tomorrow to give it a full critique and im sorry i cant fully critique it tonight.

other then that, chow and ill be back to fully review your wonderful work! ^^





As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro