z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

09.27.16: Original Work #1

by Kanome



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 300
Reviews: 37

Donate
Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:01 pm
demoncat says...



Overall I like it but her figure could use some work..... But that's just my artistic opinion




User avatar
745 Reviews


Points: 1626
Reviews: 745

Donate
Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:21 pm
Lumi wrote a review...



Ayy Kanome!

I've wanted to leave some notes on this for a while, but haven't gotten around to it because ho hooooo busy.

Your eye work and chibi-style hair physics, arms/legs are well-done, but you need to, and I apologize for the phrasing of this, work on the execution of the breasts, the dress physics, and small details like how the tails of the dress don't meet the thighs realistically. I understand the desire for flare, but without apple hips or a form of hoop skirting, that's not going to happen realistically.

Beyond that, I'd love to see this colored! She reminds me of a chibi Keiko from YYH.

I look forward to seeing more from you!
Ty




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 294
Reviews: 5

Donate
Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:34 pm
TheDG wrote a review...



That, my friend is a very good piece of art. I like how you didn't do anything fancy with the hair and that you've kept it simple. This is actually very good chibi artwork. I speak from experience becuase I draw very well, and even though I'm a newbie on this site, I know my art well at least.. Your hair spikes add a nice touch and they're all at the right length in the right places, which is very nice.

However, there is this though. Your neck and your eyebrows. Isn't the neck way too thin, and also, I feel you could have thickened the eyebrows a bit, to give it a bit of substance so that it isn't seen as just cutting through the hair and as an ugly line. :)




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 294
Reviews: 5

Donate
Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:29 pm
TheDG says...



I like it a lot, we need to chat man! :)




User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:35 am
Dracula wrote a review...



Oh my goodness me, how does one even go about reviewing a drawing?? Firstly, it's super cute! The hair is perfect for this style, and the curves and spikes are in all the right places. I mean, it curves a little as it touches behind her shoulder, and the bits on top stick out in natural places. You've done an amazing job on her legs and feet. I can never get feet right, but yours are shaped so well. The proportions are off for a realistic human but are spot on for your drawing style. The eyes are amazing, the lack of fingers doesn't draw anything away from this. The only thing that isn't quite right is her left breast. It begins a little high up when you consider where her bra/shirt strap leads. Otherwise, AMAZING!




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 1912
Reviews: 30

Donate
Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:15 am



Very cute! You've got a nice art style.

- Ardently




User avatar
264 Reviews


Points: 23295
Reviews: 264

Donate
Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:32 am
Megrim wrote a review...



Hi there! Saw this in the green room and thought it would be fun to try and review it. However, I REALLY don't know what I'm talking about that, so don't mind me too much.

This is a very cute image, for starters. I especially like the shoulders/straps and how the dress hangs on her. The legs/feet are pretty adorable too. I think you can rotate the image and save the rotated version, which would make it a lot easier to look at, because right now I keep turning my laptop sideways. I like her hair, but I have a personal preference for short hair that's just my taste :P

As for the negatives, hmm. The boob on the right (her left) looks smaller and not quite shaped the same as the other one, and my eye keeps getting stuck on that difference. I'm not a huge fan of her bangs, but again I think that's a taste/style thing and nothing to do with how it's drawn--though they almost feel too evenly spaced and sized? Also I don't like the nub hands. I imagine you did that because hands are hard to draw, or maybe it's a specific style (like I said, I don't know what I'm talking about), but I feel like some cute stylized cartoony fingers would be nice to have.

So... there you have it. My first ever critique on a drawing!





Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington