z

Young Writers Society



The Pain

by KanenRenoir


I wrote this on a whim, just so that I could get my feelings out on pen and paper. It helped me a lot. This is unedited and not my best work, but tell me what you think. Note: It's a true story.

The Pain

Spoiler! :
The Pain

Trent walked slowly down the hall, staring blankly at the people he passed. They meant nothing to him. They lived their own lives, uncaring, unaware of him. No, that’s not true. They knew him. He was the brainiac, the boy who somehow managed to get into the popular group. But they really could care less. He was a shadow, a wall flower, something nobody noticed.

Except for her, he thought. She saw him. She cared for him. She understood him. God, Tori. If only you knew. She was his best friend, and his greatest enemy. They argued all the time, fighting over everything, but at the end of the day, they both still cherished their friendship. Tori.

Unknown to her, unknown to anyone actually, he loved her. Yes, he loved her with all his heart. He was in love with her, and had been for two years now. If she only knew how much better his life was because of her. She could take his crappiest day and turn it into something great. When she missed school, he felt dead inside.

Looking up from his thoughts, Trent saw her. She was beautiful, in his eyes as well as everyone else’s. Her golden hair flowed gracefully down her shoulders. Emerald green eyes sparkled like the sun. Her face was turned, as it normally was, up in a smile. Just seeing her made him grin.

He went to say hi, but she didn’t see him. She walked by, focused on someone else. He gazed back, the pain piercing his heart once again. She was in his arms, the arms of her boyfriend.

Tristan was a good guy. He never got in trouble and was a good friend. He was the kind of person who would be there for you when you needed help. But Trent didn’t care. At that moment, he hated the man. He hated him for having what he could not. And he hated him for the pain he felt every time he saw them together.

Trent turned away quickly, before his heart broke altogether. I swear, if he ever breaks her heart, I’ll kill him, he thought. He’d seen her get hurt before. He couldn’t understand how someone could do that to her, how they could not know what they had. Tristan, you better love her with all your heart.

He hurried to his next class, back to his life. He would continue to be her friend. If nothing else, he would be there for her. Even if it means living through pain.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
98 Reviews


Points: 14091
Reviews: 98

Donate
Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 pm
curiousvampire says...



Hey kanen, I loved it.I like the emotion you emitted.It really sucks being the beat friend doesn't it.I know how that feels.




User avatar
151 Reviews


Points: 8414
Reviews: 151

Donate
Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:06 pm
Forestqueen808 wrote a review...



Kanen! I love this, you really had great emotion, I love this line:

Tristan, you better love her with all your heart. It just totally made my heart melt, cause Trent wasn't interferring like some jerk wad, he wanted her to be happy, and never wanted to see her be heartbroken. Its so sweet




User avatar
193 Reviews


Points: 14688
Reviews: 193

Donate
Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:04 pm
AngerManagement says...



Aww, it's so cute! The poor guy :cry: Loved it!




User avatar
547 Reviews


Points: 49345
Reviews: 547

Donate
Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:16 am
captain.classy wrote a review...



Aw, this touched my heart! I love reading pieces like this!

Unknown to her, unknown to anyone actually, he loved her. Yes, he loved her with all his heart. He was in love with her, and had been for two years now. If she only knew how much better his life was because of her. She could take his crappiest day and turn it into something great. When she missed school, he felt dead inside.


I just wanted to point out to you that this paragraph is a little choppy. I know when writing stories we don't like to see creative writing as having topic sentences to our paragraphs, but your paragraphs have to be a little organized. This is what your paragraph looks like in an easier to understand example:

"The elephant was blue. The elephant loves ice cream. The elephant cannot live without peanuts."

Do you see how none of the sentences really relate to each other, except for the main concept: the elephant? In your paragraph, the main interest is his love for her.

All I'm trying to say is that the paragraph is really choppy. You need to make it flow better. Instead of going right from "She could take his crappiest day and turn it into something great," to, "When she missed school, he felt dead inside," do something like this:

"When she was around, she could make his crappiest days great, but when she was away, he felt dead inside."

Do you see how it flows, and the sentence isn't choppy, and the concepts coincide a bit?

I hope I helped! PM me if you need any more help!

Classy




User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 5578
Reviews: 31

Donate
Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:18 am
Coffee_and_Karma wrote a review...



Hi Kanen! That situation suck, doesn't it? Anyway, I have just one nitpick:

Trent turned away quickly, before his heart broke altogether. I swear, if he ever breaks her heart, I’ll kill him, he thought. He’d seen her get hurt before. He couldn’t understand how someone could do that to her, how they could not know what they had. Tristan, you better love her with all your heart.

My Inner Cynic and You: :smt021
... Yeah, too many hearts for me. It feels repetitive especially the first two times, so just replace one with something different.
Other than that it's a good short piece with nice, real emotions. (They're not actually nice, but you get it.)
Since this was just a little vent piece, there's really nothing more to say. Keep up the good work!

~Karma ;)




User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 4961
Reviews: 45

Donate
Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:00 pm
Layla wrote a review...



Kanen,
forbidden love sucks ass huh?? Lol. But best friends like you and her usually get married or something in the end, so don't give up,okayy?? She'll wake up one day and realize how good of a guy you are to her, and she'll realize it never worked out with any other guy because she always really loved. I have a friend like that.
Anyways, thus was a really good story, but it shouldve been put under nonfiction, you know, since it's a true story and all. But you get more reviews with the fictional writing I realized. Lol.
If you don't mind, cab you review one of my poems?? It's called My Big Brother. I wrote it yesterday, and it's EXACTLY like this situation you're in, except through my eyes. And it's real too.
I hope I helped and made your day!!
Love,
Layla




User avatar
553 Reviews


Points: 58538
Reviews: 553

Donate
Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:26 pm
MiaParamore wrote a review...



Hi Kanen. I have been through your other posts before and I must admit that you are a good writer. I liked the story very much and I hope you have a continuation to it. I didn't find any nit-picks as such so it was nice. Keep writing!!!!! Just this:

She was beautiful, in his eyes as well as #008040 ">in everyone else’s.




User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 2016
Reviews: 19

Donate
Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:15 am
KanenRenoir says...



Yeah, really this was just something like a diary entry, just to get stuff of my chest. But I may develop it. I don't know. I'm kind of into my Fantasy novel right now. I just wrote this because I have major writer's block for that. Thanks for reading it.




User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3491
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:12 am
Snoink wrote a review...



Ahhhh, forbidden love! Hope everything works out in the end. :)

As far as story goes, this seems largely unfinished! Which kind of makes sense, as it is a true story of your life. However, if you want to develop this in a story, you may want to add to it. Maybe you can make this story end the way you want to, even if it doesn't turn out that way in real life.

Also, I highly recommend the film, "Better Off Dead." I think you'll find a lot of truth in that film. :)





Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell