Feedback Please

by JuliaAF

So I have and idea for a book I want to write. And yes that is ambitious thinking I can accomplish a book, but work with me here. I can't decide whether or not the story will be told by the watcher, the love, the outsider or the person that time itself revolves around. The story will be about another way the evolution of earth could have gone. There is one person that everything happens the way they do things. Say the person slept in, then the day would start later. If they wanted to take a nap, then it would be dark out. But the plot includes realizing that its all fake and rewriting earths history or as I like to call it herstory. What should I do? Any ideas???

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:24 am
Keumgan wrote a review...

The idea sounds incredibly interesting. I would read a novel with that kind of concept. I would go for either the watcher, or the outsider.

The watcher has an advantage whereby he/she can see everything and understands what is going on, therefore making it a little less complicated when trying to get certain scenes written.

The outsider is exciting in the sense that he/she has somehow landed in the story where everybody else knows what's going on except for the outsider. That gives a sense of mystery, and engages the reader in trying to analyze what's about to happen next, giving them a part in the story, so to speak.

I hope this helps!

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:11 am
AmyMedek says...

Well, I guess whatever way you usually write. Try writing in that way, and if you don't like it, change it. Probably best to do what you're best at unless you really are dedicated to acquiring better skills at other POV's.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:35 am
Virgil wrote a review...

This is Kaos here for some notes. You can totally accomplish a book and I believe in you about that.

This is an interesting set of characters. I'd say to go with The Watcher because they sound like they see a lot? I'm not particularly interested in The Love as I think that would be a bit of an awkward POV, especially for this kind of story. I think that your idea is pretty interesting and that it could even poke at being self-absorbed perhaps?

That's something that I kind of got from this idea that you could explore, them being a narcissist perhaps. It would be interesting to see it from their point of view, but it wouldn't be the best as we wouldn't really get to see as much of how it affects the people around them. The outsider is an interesting choice as well and I could possibly see them being confused about the whole situation or starting conflict with the person.

But most of all, I would be interested in seeing multiple point of views if you played it right. That would show it from all the angles, but it's really your choice. The part about it all being fake is interesting as well but it is pretty vague so I didn't really know as much of what you meant. At least, those are my thoughts on the idea and everything of that sort.

I hoped the feedback helps and have a great day!

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:04 am
Featherstone says...

I'd write it from an outsider's POV in the first-person as a narrative describing what is happening/will happen/happened (sorry, with time twisting one must include all possibles).

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor