My first full story

by Juciebox

Why Thunderstorms Exist

A long time ago, there was a young girl named Thundersa. She had a dark heart, but sometimes, light showed through. She was nice, but never twice in one day, or for more than a second. There was one she toured to no extent his name was Rainy. Rainy loved Thundresa with all his heart, but alas, she never gave him a second glance. Though they never united in life, in sprit, they were one. For they each practiced dark magic. Rainy used his powers to suffocate his victims, in their lungs, only water was found. Thundresa fried her victims in a flash. Years went by and both were grown to be the ones who spread darkness all over. They were married and had a child, named Windera. Their daughter pushed her victims away, by magic. An invisible force killed them in a flash. A far way along, one practiced light. He ventured off to the city. Once in sight of the gate, he asked for help, but all were too scared to lend a hand. He wandered toward the palace, hoping for a stranger to help, none came. When he entered the palace, the three were waiting for him.

“We knew of your coming, oh great Sunesto,” Thundresa taunted, “we also know of your great power.”

“Oh save us, please,” joined Rainy. Windera stayed quit, and never lifted a finger.

They toured him for three days and three nights, but on the fourth day, something happened.

“You should just die right now,” yelled Thundresa, with Rainy cheering. Sunesto snapped.

“You think you old hags are going to rule forever, you’re not. One day, Windera will take over, and light will come again.”

All were left speechless, except Windera. She freed Sunesto and they fought like a thousand men, each. Thundresa, who was vanquished in a twirling wind, turned to a fleeting light of heat, never to be in one place twice. Rainy, who was vanquished in a surrounding light, turned to water, falling, never stopping, and looking for home.

Windera and Sunesto were married, and together, blew away the darkness. When each died, wind and light were formed anew. All combined to a massive storm and fell here on Earth. Wind came and blew the storm away while light cleaned up its mess. Lightning fried and burned while water drowned.

Now when it’s storming out side, don’t be scared, be terrified. For you never know where the sprits of Thundresa and Rainy will strike next.

Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:09 pm

Well this is definitely a very intriguing take on how thunderstorms came about here. I don't believe I've ever seen these particular phenomena personified in quite this fashion before and it makes for a very intriguing opening here. I can't wait to see where you end up taking things from here. There's a lot of potential here from the opening already and while it was a little heavy on the exposition there at the start because this is set in that fairytale style, it works out alright.

Hmm...well this is an interesting little confrontation there. It went a lot more pleasantly than I was expecting it to. That start made me think we were going to see something more along the lines of an ambush but it seems despite clearly hating each other, they are co existing semi peacefully even though the worse seasons are still in power from the looks of it. I can't wait to see how this ends here.

Well that ended as expected there I guess. I thought there'd be a little more of a plot twist but it was not to be. At any rate, it does still make for a very entertaining piece here. I love the whole concept here and I think it makes for a great piece. It could do with a bit more of a relaxed pace towards the end because with this style of story and the way it started, that just matches up to this a little bit better, but as it is, it does still work quite well.

Mon May 25, 2009 3:19 am
Juciebox says...

I made as many changes too make it better. I focused on all the points you made and changed them. I also added a character bio to help get a little past in. Thanks again, if any one has any more advice, please tell me, don't hold back at all. be as picky as picky can be.

Mon May 25, 2009 3:14 am
Juciebox says...

Why Thunderstorms Exist
Characters:
Thundresa: a tall red headed girl, who brutally murdered her parents in a raging fury. She never was able to find a true friend, but victims.
Rainy: a short pudgy boy, whose tortured past made him the one who kills those who cross his path.
Windera: the daughter of Thundresa and Rainy, who cannot only kill, but heal the damage her parent caused, with the help of her true love.
Sunesto: the one whose light heart only attacked when attacked or pushed over the edge. He brought not only peace, but also the fire that destroyed all who brought darkness.
The Storms past.

A long time ago, there was a young girl named Thundersa. She had a dark heart, but sometimes, light showed through. She was nice, but never twice in one day, or for more than a second. She was a bully, no, not a bully, a villain who tortured her victims. There was one she tortured to no extent his name was Rainy. Rainy loved Thundersa with all his heart, but alas, she never gave him a second glance. Though they never united in life, in sprit, spirit they were one, for they each practiced dark magic. Rainy used his powers to suffocate his victims, in their lungs, only water was found. Thundresa fried her victims in a flash. Years went by and both were grown to be the ones who spread darkness all over. They were married and had a child, named Windera. Their daughter pushed her victims away, by magic. An invisible force killed them in a flash.
A far way along, one practiced light. His name was Sunesto. He believed that those who spread darkness brought death and plague to the world. He ventured off to the city. Once in sight of the gate, he asked for help, but all were too scared to lend a hand. He wandered toward the palace, hoping for a stranger to help, none came. When he entered the palace, the three were waiting for him.
“Oh save us, please,” joined Rainy. Windera stayed quit, and never lifted a finger, for she fell in love, and wanted nothing to do with what her parents were doing.
All were left speechless, except Windera. With the power of wind and light combined, she freed Sunesto and they fought like a thousand men, each. They battled for days on end, light flashing, floods raging, and tornadoes blowing with out end. Until Thundresa and Rainy finally fell, Thundresa, who was vanquished in a twirling wind, turned to a fleeting light of heat, never to be in one place twice. Rainy, who was vanquished in a surrounding light, turned to water, falling, never stopping, and looking for home.

Mon May 25, 2009 2:43 am
Juciebox says...

Thank you.

Mon May 25, 2009 2:32 am
Carlito wrote a review...

Juciebox wrote:There was one she toured to no extent his name was Rainy.

Huh?

Juciebox wrote: Rainy loved Thundresa with all his heart,

You changed spelling of Thundresa here.

Juciebox wrote:Though they never united in life, in sprit, ((spirit)) they were one. For they each practiced dark magic.

Combine these two sentences.

Juciebox wrote:A far way along, one practiced light. He ventured off to the city. Once in sight of the gate, he asked for help, but all were too scared to lend a hand. He wandered toward the palace, hoping for a stranger to help, none came. When he entered the palace, the three were waiting for him.

Wait. Who is this new 'he'?
Make this a new paragraph too.

Juciebox wrote: All were left speechless, except Windera. She freed Sunesto and they fought like a thousand men, each. Thundresa, who was vanquished in a twirling wind, turned to a fleeting light of heat, never to be in one place twice. Rainy, who was vanquished in a surrounding light, turned to water, falling, never stopping, and looking for home.

I'm kind of confused as to what is going on here.

Characters:
I don't really feel connected to any of these characters. I don't really know much about them. I know it's kind of hard to do because you probably have a word limit and you kind of have to just get to the point but try to build them up a little more.

I thought you did a good job explaining why there are thunderstorms and everything, however, some points of the story, I was a little confused as to what exactly was going on.
Don't forget to spell check! :)
I think you've got a good start here. With just a little more cleaning up you'll get an A for sure. :)

-Carly

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
— Napoleon Bonaparte