z

Young Writers Society



Momma's Love Recipe

by JoytheBrave


Spray down cooking pan with Friendship.

In separate bowl mix ½ cup of Compassion, ¾ cups Empathy, 1 cup Understanding, ¼ cup Care Mix® (ingredients include: Hope, Passion, Perseverance, Trust), a pinch of sugar, a pinch of salt, and 4 cups of Patience.

Pour evenly into cooking pan and preheat oven to 350°. Make sure to allow for adequate time to cook (between 1 and 10 years according to the intensity of the oven).

Frosting: mix equal amounts Affection, Appreciation, Devotion, Respect, Tenderness. (About 1 tablespoon each)

When time is up or the outside is golden brown remove from oven and spread frosting on according to desire.

Enjoy!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
216 Reviews


Points: 93
Reviews: 216

Donate
Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:51 pm
DivergentDemigod wrote a review...



hey there!

this was cool... I mean mama's love potion- interesting idea. and though it was short i certailnly enjoyed it. and all those emotion that you put in the recepie *winks* were really well judged. and the best part was the way you divided it into every stage- that certainly was remarkale! i'm not actually a person who knows how cooking is done... but i dont know why but this made perfect sence to me... maybe some of your potion worked...
so yeah great job there! hope to see more of such awesome works in the future...untill then keep up the good work.

happy review day!
Fangirl~




User avatar
766 Reviews


Points: 650
Reviews: 766

Donate
Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:11 pm
Brigadier wrote a review...



Hey there JoytheBrave. It's just lizzy dropping by real quick, so without a further ado, let the reviewing begin.

1. It was funny/nice that you used a formatting similar to a recipe to explain your points but you need to choose one side or the other. The story switches between a recipe format and just regular story/paragraph formatting at several points. You have to decide which route to go. If you go the recipe route start by listing the ingredients at the top of the page. Use bold if you have to point out each section. Numbering the steps would also be helpful to the reader. Here is a possible way to do the ingredients for frosting.

[/b]Ingredients[/b]...Frosting -1 tbs Affection -1 tbs Appreciation -1tbs Devotion -1tbs Respect -1tbs Tenderness

I think it would be better if you just listed the measurements instead of saying "mix equal amounts" then at the bottom stating "about 1 tablespoon". The estimation and hesitation threw me off the piece.

2. This is a pretty good idea underneath and reminds me of those signs you see in trinket shops along 95. I did like how you listed the ingredients for Care mix. This was an interesting addition to the rest of the piece. I think that you do need to reword this one set of lines. They don't seem to go very well together.
Make sure to allow for adequate time to cook (between 1 and 10 years according to the intensity of the oven).

I think you might want to say something like,
Adjust baking times depending on the model of oven.

Something that makes it sound more official feel rather than a "maybe" or "kinda sorta" feel.
As far as grammar, spelling, and typos goes, I could not find anything to fit this category.

3. This is the shortest review I have done in a long time as well as the shortest piece. Now I am thinking about cake. Great recipe that you have there. PM if you have any questions about my review.
Happy Pi Day!
-lizzy




User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 200
Reviews: 15

Donate
Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:30 am
JeffRWoodridge wrote a review...



Wow, not only do you have a grasp on love and everything needed for it, but you have a strong enough idea to create a simple yet clever analogy with food....It just ain't fair.

But in all seriousness, this work is not only clever and fun, but as far as I know quite original. Sure I know the whole idea of needing empathy, kindness, patience, and everything else you can find in the scented candle section of a bed, bath, and beyond...But I don't think I've seen the baking a cake analogy, creativity and innovation are still present today, Halleluja! Mistake me if I'm wrong but I see the ingredients as the necessary emotions, the oven as the heart/character, and the literal frosting as the figurative icing on the cake which makes each cake somewhat different through different amounts of affection and devotion, an analogy I see as a breath of fresh air. But I suppose neither of us want over-glorification here, so here it is, the problems. Simply put it's just too short for a lasting impact. This isn't something you have to fix and I know the more you try to stretch out something the less memorable it is, but just think on it, anything you'd like to add? There's nothing in your way. Overall this work is quite cute and a great analogical explanation of the great mysteries of life, great job!




JoytheBrave says...


Thank you for the review! Yeah, I agree it should be longer, but my muffin box I was going off of was about this long and I wanted it to feel like a real recipe. I'll experiment with the length though. Again, thank you so much for the review. I really appreciate it.
~Joy




Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon