z

Young Writers Society



Trapped

by Jon


Trapped in
trapped out
the key is my shout.
no one hears
my cry or tears
for they have left,
I am trapped in
and trapped out
now my shout matters not
like a body without a soul
or a mind without thought
my feelings trapped in
my feelings trapped out
in a box
myself as the lock
i need the key
to release me, you see
for i am locked in
i am locked out
from the world,
i am locked out


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 340
Reviews: 37

Donate
Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:22 pm
jenni321 wrote a review...



I agree, you need to work on the mechanics of the story, like the grammar and capitization (im horrid at that too, though). I liked the theme of it, but you should have added something more, details, or maybe just more substance to it. It just seemed to kind of cut off. The repetitiveness of it kind of got me too, try to keep the repeating down to the minimum, only for affect. Work on it a little more, I think it could turn out pretty good. good luck!

Jenni




User avatar
40 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 40

Donate
Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:25 pm
pegasi_quill wrote a review...



Needs working on.

1) Watch your grammar - such as capitalisation. It's important. Lack of using correct grammar could result in much less reviews, not being taken seriously and so forth. Besides, for crying out loud, this is a writing forum, so the use of correct grammar is sort of obvious... is it not?

2) Watch your repetitions. I'd suggest you avoid themin poetry altogether, unless they are absolutely necessary to create a certain effect.

"Trapped in, trapped out" is fine. But repeating that the next three times makes it less effective. And adding on feelings does not change the fact this is a repetition.

3) You need imagery. You repeat yourself, do not go into much detail at all, and hae no imagery whatsoever here. That, and vocab - use a thesaurus. I do that all the time. Don't be afraid to experiment with words.

4) Go into detail. Zone in on things - it really does help bring the poem to life, and makes it more effective.





If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec